Sign in to follow this  
Sir Kingston

Brickford's Landing's "The Boat's Bisket"

After valiantly gathering supplies, Lieutenant Karlton ordered the creation of the settlement's first bakery, properly named "The Boat's Bisket". While most of the Marines were familiar with the twice baked biscuits served on long sea voyages, as they had consumed it over the past few weeks. However, in addition to Karlton's skill with the more ungentile musket, a year-long stay in Oleon at his uncle's Boulangerie had taught him the finer points of baking the 'long bread'. Karlton was of course a loyal Corlander, and considered the food one of Oleon's few reputable qualities! While Karlton was quick to establish rain catchments and source food from local wildlife, he took it upon himself to establish a more enjoyable source of nourishment for the settlement. With time, a shack was constructed and quickly pressed into service using the flour brought with them.

49861691111_66a9aaecd9_k.jpgBakery at Brickford’s Landing by WanderingSalad Dressing, on Flickr

49861692241_97c0754c7e_k.jpgBakery at Brickford’s Landing by WanderingSalad Dressing, on Flickr

49861170338_bb9c0be0b3_k.jpgUntitled by WanderingSalad Dressing, on Flickr

49861704471_57cdbdcf3e_k.jpgBakery Preparation Station by WanderingSalad Dressing, on Flickr

Edited by Sir Kingston

Nice little build, it seems we are almost neighbors in terms of squatter settlements! While the structure could be improved a little, I like the angle of the whole hut and some nice details, such as the working bench and the furnace

6 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Nice little build, it seems we are almost neighbors in terms of squatter settlements! While the structure could be improved a little, I like the angle of the whole hut and some nice details, such as the working bench and the furnace

Thanks, I'm still trying to streamline my building style as I'm still trying to become more adjusted to Lego building techinques as a whole. Everything looks a bit off right now as my experience only comes from clay, plaster, foamboard modeling.

Don't worry too much about that! Building style improves a lot in a very few builds, my first buildings were real shacks! I think you are on the good road: small but original ideas turned into bricks are the best way to start, avoid oversized projects at first!

Creative idea of getting our men food, altough it's from the bluecoats...

I think you have a good start in lego building and I can say with experience that over time the collection and the Building style improves by itself.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:59 AM, Legonaut said:

Creative idea of getting our men food, altough it's from the bluecoats...

I think you have a good start in lego building and I can say with experience that over time the collection and the Building style improves by itself.

Thanks! It’s most certainly a learning curve and I think there’s much to glean from the vast and varied builds of this forum!