Sign in to follow this  
Konstrakt_Abstrakt

[MOC] Transforming, driving sideways and parking with complex transmission

Hi folks!

I built a MOC that can turn its wheels 90 degrees and drive sideways. It also has a few more features.

What do you think about the concept? I would be grateful for constructive criticism or suggestions for what this could be used as a basis. Thanks!

Edited by Konstrakt_Abstrakt

I like the concept although at this point it's limited to parking (in any way possible), but you won't be able to drive to the parking space if the road is not plain straight  :-).  The combination of those two would take the whole concept to the next lvl. 

Wow! That looks delightfully complicated, though it would be hard to fit into most realistic models.

Weird flex but ok :grin:

Looks cool and impressive, but at the same time pretty impractical

Edited by Gray Gear

Hi Konstrakt, I really appreciate your attempt at this theme. Your solution used complicated machinery. It seems that 'great' minds think alike, or not? I used a relatively 'simple' system as I had a car-like bodyshape in mind and with my wheel size, there wasn't much space left as the 90 degree swinging wheels take up a LOT of  space.  (roughly a car, back in 2014 my building skills were not that refined ;) 

Could you do drive whilst swivelling by using turntables to mount the wheels then running the drive directly through the centre line of the turntables? Then you could steer as well whilst moving

On 5/7/2020 at 1:48 AM, 896gerard said:

Hi Konstrakt, I really appreciate your attempt at this theme. Your solution used complicated machinery. It seems that 'great' minds think alike, or not? I used a relatively 'simple' system as I had a car-like bodyshape in mind and with my wheel size, there wasn't much space left as the 90 degree swinging wheels take up a LOT of  space.  (roughly a car, back in 2014 my building skills were not that refined ;)  

I really like your approach too. You kept it really simple and space-saving! I never saw this video before.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, MinusAndy said:

Could you do drive whilst swivelling by using turntables to mount the wheels then running the drive directly through the centre line of the turntables? Then you could steer as well whilst moving 

Sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe I'll build a second version and try to put that in.