Aurore

[AoM Farm Phase I] Fir Tips Season

Last weekend, my husband challenged me to create something that would make me happy, and that I would actually finish by sunday evening.
I decided to go on with Age of Mitgardia, and here is the result!

Spring had come in Mitgardia. The snow had already melt in the southern foothills of the Heavenly Mountains, and the deep forests around Horgaard were slowly waking up after the harsh winter.
Sigrid usually woke up early at this time of year, and enjoyed going on a ride around the village. She listened to the birds, observed the vegetation, and sometimes stopped just to pick something interesting.
This morning, she had noticed the bright breen, tender tips that were blossoming on the fir trees. Perfect to make cough syrup....or some flavoured beer.

49859387258_b95ca08478_b.jpg

49859387213_377fe4f025_b.jpg

49859925181_ed7e55e090_b.jpg

49859387163_a1cd8d1587_b.jpg

As usual, more info on the featured flora and fauna below. My herbalist sigfig could soon create a "Natural History of Mitgardia" encyclopedia... :laugh:

Spoiler

The Mitgardian black fir (Abies Nigra) is a large coniferous tree common in the forests of Mitgardia and northern Avalonia.
It is used in forestry as building wood, and in herbalism to treat disorders of the respiratory tract.

49860235892_2b1657e871_z.jpg

The variable chickadee (Poecile Caeruleus) is a small passerine bird that can be found in the lower altitude forests of the Heavenly Mountains.
It owes its name to the variable colour of its plumage, that changes from pristine white in winter to bright blue in summer.

49859387108_a29fb1a3c1.jpg

Edited by Aurore

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Last weekend, my husband challenged me to create something that would make me happy, and that I would actually finish by sunday evening.

:laugh:  Sounds like a fun challenge!  And this is a really nice bit of forest, I love all the animals peeking around.  The round green studs on the trees looks really nice, don't think I'd ever seen that before!

Very nice flora.  I like the trees with the carrot pieces.  The leafy plants on the ground are a neat addition.  Great use of that collar piece for a birds nest.  Nice little boulders too.  

@Kai NRG Thank you! The light green studs and twigs are supposed to emulate the fir tips - they should have been lime green for a more realistic look, but the twig does not exist in that color. :sweet:
PS : oh yes, it was a fun challenge! I hope he will think of other ones in the future. 

@zoth33 Thank you very much! 

I really like your rockwork and plants, looks quite natural. Fir tip tea is a nice drink as well, especially when enjoyed next to a campfire :) 

A very pleasant scene which to me really conveys the sense of what I think a peaceful spring day in Mitgardia would be like.Excellent presentation as usual, I'm a big fan of your work!

@Pvt13 Thank you! Being an herbalist, my sigfig first thought of fir tip syrup, then, being a Mitgardian, she thought of fir tip beer, but I agree : fir tip tee is very nice too! :laugh:

@Ayrlego Thank you so much! :sweet:

Edited by Aurore

Great moc, the tree is amazing and the path is very natural too. I also enjoy the photo from above and the little bird is a nice touch! 

Beautiful, as always, Aurore. 

I like the design for the trees and the rocks. The bird nest is also a very nice detail, and minifig posing is just perfect.

It is always soothing to see such a blooming and happy garden.

Add those fir tips to a mug of hot water and a stick of cinnamon, and a Mitgardian can rest around the fire for a handful of days.

Cheers!

I love that all of your builds have helped to expand on the culture of Mitgardia and add so much more dimension to our guild than our reputation as fur-covered, frostbitten, beer-swilling, ax-swinging, ungodly-smelling barbarians would suggest.  Well done!

I love the time of year when you can see new growth.  It's a really beautiful season, and you've captured it marvelously here!  Great use of the blues in the flowers and birds, capturing their colors against the greens.  The bush and tree stump are excellent, and I like the way you built the path in two layers.  Excellent work!

Great work as usual! I would love to get a copy of that encyclopedia!