WesternOutlaw

Grave Stone Skeleton Crew

indexed.gif

Skeleton Crew

As the ominous Ghost Train belches black smoke into the dusty night air, it stops at the Abandoned Station to let on its frightened passengers.

The four undead crew include Thomas Specter, the Ghost Train's conductor; Bill Marrow, the Switchman and Engineer, "Bones" Skelton, the Ghost Train's porter; and "Shorty" T. McBones, the coal shoveler. What a frightening site as the crew prepares to welcome the midnight guests.

platform1x500.jpg

A great and fitting crew! It looks like those new Indy Russians have even more uses than I expected, good call. :thumbup:

I only have one suggestion, and I can't figure out how to make it without sounding wrong... I really despise this PC world, so screw it, I'll just do it anyway.

Did you ever considering using:

3626bpx326.gif

... to potentially symbolize a different race for the porter, since that was often the case on trains of that era?

Just an idea. :grin:

It's a great crew, I think the new Indy torsos work very well for this purpose. The only thing I'm not sure about and it's very minor is the back cap of the driver it doesn't seemquite right to me, but then I know Lego doesn't have a proper drivers hat.

A fitting crew for your splendid engine! I didn't know those were Indy torsos if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm not into Indiana Jones. But it seems you have found a good use for them. And I love the non-transparent look of your engine! :wink:

What a gloomy crew :skull: :laugh: !

That are very nice torsos you designed there, TheBrickster - they fit perfectly wioth your awesome Ghost Train! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

A great and fitting crew! It looks like those new Indy Russians have even more uses than I expected, good call. :thumbup:

I only have one suggestion, and I can't figure out how to make it without sounding wrong... I really despise this PC world, so screw it, I'll just do it anyway.

3626bpx326.gif

... to potentially symbolize a different race for the porter, since that was often the case on trains of that era?

Just an idea. :grin:

Well, people of different races still have the same colour skeletons, so it would be rather silly, don't ya think?

Of course, there are those black skellies in the Castle line, but maybe they're explained by some type of magic.

Well, people of different races still have the same colour skeletons, so it would be rather silly, don't ya think?

Of course, there are those black skellies in the Castle line, but maybe they're explained by some type of magic.

That's just it... Wild West is a pre-fleshie line, so it's not meant to be realistic anyway. Any living characters in Grave Stone are probably yellow, so it isn't like we're trying to force accuracy.

Plus, I thought that having one different would add some visual variation to the crew. Alternately, I considered suggesting it for the coal shoveler, 'Shorty', explained as him being covered in coal dust. That would have been a much easier way to go, wouldn't it? :tongue:

There have actually been 3 black skulls, the one shown, the current 'fantasy era' castle type, and an Alpha-Team one in-between. Much as we got no explanation of the sand green partial skellies in Harry Potter, I don't think we'll get any real story behind any of these either.

A fine and interesting crew indeed, well done. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone.

3626bpx326.gif

I did not IS, but what a great idea to create a little diversity among the skeletons. What I did try was the orc face from the new castle sets as "Shorty", thinking one should be a little different. I didn't like the same green color as the torso and ended up taking it off; plus it didn't fit the "Skeleton Crew" name. The black skeleton would have worked out perfect. You'll notice I used black hands for him as well (as gloves to shovel the coal).

The only thing I'm not sure about and it's very minor is the back cap of the driver it doesn't seemquite right to me, but then I know Lego doesn't have a proper drivers hat.

To tell you the truth, I almost had all of them in the black caps. I actually think the black cap looks great for a fancy train hat. It's nice because it covers the skeleton eyes slightly. I got the idea from the Classic Train 3225. It includes a conductor with a black cap. In fact, I almost used the same yellow torso. Here's a picture:

figs.jpg

I didn't know those were Indy torsos if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm not into Indiana Jones. But it seems you have found a good use for them.

Thanks LTF. The Indiana Jones and Adventurer themes offer some great parts for WW.

I wanted something a little more elegant for the train crew - not just sloppy suspenders and/or other WW torsos. I was after that "Orient Express" look with very "proper" uniforms. I had also thought about using the German tan uniforms as well as the Imperial Officer uniforms, but chose against. I love the light green color and they seem to look good with the black pants.

Nice crew, you have there. I am sure they will bring us safe to our destination. :tongue:

The Russian toros made great skeleton train crew. It seemed you have a dwarf looking member too. :laugh:

Great idea for the figs there TheBrickster, those Russian uniforms have some good use here, well done!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Oooooh! alright i've been waiting and brickster you've done it again.I can't wait to get my hands on those new Russian bodys they have alot of WW possibilitys.Come to think of it i haven't been to target in a long time the sets might be their,or some kid took them home not understanding the significance of the bodys :hmpf_bad: (just one of my pet peeves).Anywho great MOC brickster very well constructed all of them. So you kkep saying that "we might be able to see it later does that mean that you'll put a clearer picture up ?

So you kkep saying that "we might be able to see it later does that mean that you'll put a clearer picture up ?

Yes, you can find the complete train (so far), here: Grave Stone Ghost Train. If you want to check out the engine by itself, click the image below (in my signature). Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes, you can find the complete train (so far), here: Grave Stone Ghost Train. If you want to check out the engine by itself, click the image below (in my signature). Thanks for the nice comments.

Your welcome i try to say something nice to someone at least everyday and people thta i don't know on a forum count :classic: