In September @MstrOfPppts and I finished our MOC based on the 70620 Ninjago City and 70657 Ninjago Docks sets. I took the photos in December, when it was displayed for the last time, and it took me too long to edit and select the best photos. 

49855565483_f0d768224b_b.jpg

There are two sections of the city, connected by an old stone bridge at the lowest level. We wanted to create a part of the city similar, yet distinct from the official sets. The ground level was set as a more traditional Asian architecture, while the above level was leaning more towards the modern high rise. The idea was to visualize how the architecture changed at higher levels when buildings were added on, but still to keep some traditional elements. For this purpose we also designed some custom printed parts to create the right atmosphere. 

49856231966_66bd07c76c_c.jpg

49856434587_d93354c742_c.jpg

49856102136_9f2404c0b2_c.jpg

49856100781_436431de4c_c.jpg

49855564253_93b88d5df3_c.jpg

49856104091_cf66baa241_c.jpg

49855566123_085cb0b287_c.jpg

49855565638_bd1f6bc178_c.jpg

49855564118_ce1c4ff370_c.jpg

49855564848_f932368203_c.jpg

48964459082_d47fec643b_b.jpg

From my part, this was the most extensive model I built, and one that I enjoyed building very much. 

If you're interested to see more details from other angles or just these photos in high-res, they are available at my Flickr

I like the left side better. It feels more in line with the sets. The details overall, on both sides, are fantastic. I love the lines hanging between the two sections. That feels like Ninjago. The little garden area is nice as well. But the stand out to me is that great bridge & tree. I like how instead of one bridge spanning the two sides, but has a sort of meeting spot. Feels like a meditation space. 

Stupendous and amazing build! :laugh: Gorgeous details and an overall impressive creation, I hope it rightfully got a lot of admiration when it was on display. You both built a really cool MOC, so thanks for sharing it here :sweet:

21 hours ago, Vindicare said:

But the stand out to me is that great bridge & tree. I like how instead of one bridge spanning the two sides, but has a sort of meeting spot. Feels like a meditation space. 

Thanks for the comment. The island was a great example of collaboration between @MstrOfPppts and me. We each had our share in designing it to the final point. It's good to have a building buddy that can critically comment on WIP photos to help you improve.

11 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Stupendous and amazing build! :laugh: Gorgeous details and an overall impressive creation, I hope it rightfully got a lot of admiration when it was on display. You both built a really cool MOC, so thanks for sharing it here :sweet:

Thank you, Peppy! It was displayed at 5 different exhibitions and I we got a lot of positive comments from AFOLs and visitors. At Bricking Bavaria it was voted in the top 5 MOCs which was a nice compliment. And thanks for front-paging the MOC.:wink:

12 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Really cool but WAY too much grey, you could add some stickers to add colors.

Actually, we used only a few stickers that fit in with the theme, but we used a lot of custom printed parts, like the tiles with arrows and different signs, but I guess they're not easy to spot on the pics. 

Thanks for the comments. :classic:

I forgot to write the dimensions. In total there are 18 baseplates (32×32) in a 6 by 3 layout. As for the height I forgot to measure.:blush:

Fantastic detail - I really like the colour change in the walls by the water's edge - very effective.