Murdoch17

[LDD] [MOC] [WIP] The Inferno (green pirate ship with crew)

This model was originally inspired by three sets: 3817 (Flying Dutchman) from the Spongebob Squarepants theme, set 4184 (The Black Pearl) from Pirates of the Caribbean, and 21322 (Pirates of Barracuda Bay), from Ideas. It features three and a 1/2 masts with what are going to be fabric sails of Black Pearl size but of 2010 Imperial Flagship markings. The 2016 Ninjago "Skybound" flag (see below) will fly from the middle mast as Captain Henry Walker's pirate flag.

49854439333_1b5c2427c6_z.jpg

The ship also has a crows nest and two removable sections: a rear upper deck for access to the captain's cabin and a forward deck panel for getting at the front four cannons. (there are eight cannons total on the ship)

49855278467_488bedf3f6_z.jpg

Here is the rear of the ship featuring the captain's cabin windows and a trio of lanterns. The ship's name, the Inferno, goes in printed 1 x 1 tiles on the exposed gray studs on the rear of the ship.

49854439363_b8c1ddc76b_z.jpg

The rowboat sits on a section of deck that easily comes off for access to the cannons.

49854975931_1efe8d5fa6_z.jpg

The roof of the captain's cabin is removable, with a table and chair for Captain Walker to sit at and read maps.

49855279167_94cff6a6f9_z.jpg

Captain Henry Walker (in green) and his crew.

49854440708_7c2b960e8f_o.jpg

The pirate flag of the Captain Walker. (This picture was taken from Bricklink's catalog and is NOT mine. It's from the 2016 Ninjago Skybound wave.)

NOTES:

I'm working on getting this built in real life, since my last ship is so unreasonably expensive to build in real life it's ridiculous. (Thus this one is better, as it less expensive / parts intensive) I'm gonna need help on the sails, so I'm asking @Alazon, would you mind helping me with these please? They would be in Black Pearl sizes, but in 2010 imperial flagship style colors?

Comments, questions, and complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 5/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, Murdoch17 said:

I'm working on getting this built in real life, since my last ship is so unreasonably expensive to build in real life it's ridiculous. (Thus this one is better, as it less expensive / parts intensive) I'm gonna need help on the sails, so I'm asking @Alazon, would you mind helping me with these please? They would be in Black Pearl sizes, but in 2010 imperial flagship style colors? 

I'd love to! Give me a few days to cook something up!