Sign in to follow this  
Vostroyan

[MOC] Luke's X-34 SoroSuub Landspeeder

Hello there!

I know everyone's just been hanging out for another landspeeder... right?

Well here's mine!

49849148468_8c2546f121_c.jpg
49849685436_06244ac314_c.jpg
49849149778_7c518845d1_c.jpg

This is the first MOC I've designed in studio, made instructions, and then built for real.
The process of creating instructions really helped refined the internals and greatly improved stability.

More pics and instructions here

Hope you like it!

Edited by Vostroyan
typo

I had thought lego's constant barrage of landspeeders had ruined the design for me, but I've been proven wrong. This looks really nice, I like that you've got it tiled and managed to get it too look so much closer to the model than any of lego's designs. 

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I had thought lego's constant barrage of landspeeders had ruined the design for me, but I've been proven wrong. This looks really nice, I like that you've got it tiled and managed to get it too look so much closer to the model than any of lego's designs. 

Thank you!

How many are they up to now? 6? I guess there's just not many small OT vehicles for them to make sets from.

Being completely tiled was the goal, if I couldn't do that then yeah there wasn't much point making yet another version.

HOLY KENOBI, that's beautiful!  The only thing that could possibly be improved is the shaping of the grille tiles around the front curves, but I certainly couldn't come up with a better solution.

I love how you went all out and included a (very nice) moisture vaporator and a couple of scavenging Jawas, too.  But why is 3PO's head lying out the ground?  :grin:

Just now, RogueTwo said:

HOLY KENOBI, that's beautiful!  The only thing that could possibly be improved is the shaping of the grille tiles around the front curves, but I certainly couldn't come up with a better solution.

I love how you went all out and included a (very nice) moisture vaporator and a couple of scavenging Jawas, too.  But why is 3PO's head lying out the ground?  :grin:

The grills are still the best I can come up with, I went through every part in studio and bricklink to see if there was anything else and nothing else felt right. I considered the old technic arm pieces (those links that were used on big figures) and I liked the look, but they were too limiting and wouldn't allow for the way I did the smooth surface details.

Thanks for you kind feedback! And who says that's actually 3-PO...?

3 hours ago, tfcrafter said:

Best landspeeder MOC I've seen. Well done.

Cheers! Appreciated.