Samarth

[MOC] 21310 Old Fishing Store Alternate - Old Trading Ship

Hi all, this MOC is made using exclusively parts available in 21310 - Old Fishing Store. I was pretty sure there were more than enough parts to build a full scale ship (or at least comparable to official LEGO pirate ship set scale). I'd also wanted to see what sand green may look like as 'murky bay water', so this is the result. Hope you all like it.

49851236266_387ee094c0_k.jpgIMG_20200503_225609 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

49851191036_4d364b0d39_k.jpgIMG_20200503_230030 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

49851527577_e5e924f1f1_k.jpgIMG_20200503_225732 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

49851206471_f918026483_k.jpgIMG_20200503_225743 by Samarth Moray, on Flickr

You can view the rest of the photos on my Flickr stream:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31679299@N00/with/49851206471/

Regards,

Samarth 

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder why no one had commented yet and that maybe I posted it in the wrong group. Today happens to be my birthday too so that's icing on my cake. 

Fwiw, I imagine there are many people like me, who like MOCs that they see, but don't say anything if they don't have something specific they want to comment on or ask about. I guess I should be a little more vocal to let people know when I like thing though! :pir-classic:

Alternate builds are my favorite type of MOCs.

And this looks great, love the Bow shape, and the Stern decorations, and overall little details like the anchor chain/lamps/containers etc.

The Sand Green water still works well.

Edited by TeriXeri

That looks great (especially given that it's supposed to be a shop!) Love the use of all the tiles to give it the texture of planking (really makes it look like a working boat with lots of character) and the stern decoration is a nice touch. The only thing that doesn't quite look right is the style of windows and doors but that's understandable given that it's an alternate model (builds like this make me wish I'd bought the original set now!!)

7 hours ago, Paradosis said:

Fwiw, I imagine there are many people like me, who like MOCs that they see, but don't say anything if they don't have something specific they want to comment on or ask about. I guess I should be a little more vocal to let people know when I like thing though! :pir-classic:

Probably a good idea :)

4 hours ago, greg3 said:

The only thing that doesn't quite look right is the style of windows and doors but that's understandable given that it's an alternate model (builds like this make me wish I'd bought the original set now!!)

Haha yes, but I figured the original Black Seas Barracuda had similar windows so I just went with it. I tried to avoid the 'town' feel by ditching the brown doors, however and just kept the door frames.

Nice build !

And welcome to the Pirates forum !  :pir-huzzah2:

You really managed to turn the initial building to anything totally different ! Congratulations on that !

I hope to see more of your MOCs in the future.

Keep up the good job :thumbup:

On 5/4/2020 at 8:43 PM, Samarth said:

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder why no one had commented yet and that maybe I posted it in the wrong group. Today happens to be my birthday too so that's icing on my cake. 

Happy Birthday!

comments come slowly sometimes on the forum, so too much active users :drunk:

Wow, I love the bow and the fish decorations! It reminds me that I also want to tear it down for some mocs but could not yet because I feel afraid of never finding the pieces all together... Making a MOC only of the pieces available is a good idea though! I have seen already 2 others,

a crazy windmill: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-24737/nobsta/old-mill-by-the-sea/#comments

and a nice modular like store: https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=436865

Even if these are off topic in this subforum...