Teeka

How to store pieces with clips (and the like)?

Hi everyone!

Recently I've become concerned with the best way to store pieces that get to endure some pressure while connected.

Especially parts with clips: should I store them attached to the bar they are supposed to be connected to, or is it better to take them apart? I would hate for the clips to break at some point, but I'm not sure if that's more likely to happen if I leave them attached all the time, or if I take them apart and then later have to connect (put pressure on) them again.

The same goes for ball joint / sockets, and any other type of pieces that are connected in such a way.

Thanks for any advice!

I store them loose and also frequently connect them things to them other than the corresponding/opposite hinge plate so there's no point to keeping them stored and connected together.

Don't think its a concern for wear unless you're connecting and disconnecting them each thousands of times a day. Don't think they have much pressure when connected, its the momentary pressure increase while connecting them and they should be good for many tens of thousands of connections/disconnections otherwise Lego wouldn't make them. Don't overthink this, its a plastic toy that's meant to be played with and built/disassembled many times.

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Don't think they have much pressure when connected, its the momentary pressure increase while connecting them and they should be good for many tens of thousands of connections/disconnections

Thank you for the quick response, and for setting my mind at ease!