Hi,

I've been working on this project in recent months, and I felt like sharing it at its current state. The majority of the design is based on my favourite car, the Porsche 911 964 RS 3.8. However, as I find it difficult to replicate the front of the 964, I've added a bit of the 911 997 GT3 RSR into the mix.

porsche_964_rs_3.8_1994_-_4_-_a7309771.j

s11_0473.jpg

At this point, the content of this post is only related to bodywork as I've always found it very difficult to develop. I've also worked on the chassis in parallel, which contains steering (maybe HoG should be added), suspension, a flat 6 engine, and a manual 4-speed gearbox with linkage. Maybe I will include the chassis in the next post. The front and rear axles are 25 and 27 studs wide respectively.

Porsche_911_RSR_0_0

Porsche_911_RSR_0_1

Porsche_911_RSR_0_2

Porsche_911_RSR_0_3

Obviously the A-pillars are still missing, and some parts of the bodywork are still floating. I'm currently considering if the roof should be narrower and tilted slightly, but I guess it will be more clear when I start to design the A-pillars.

I'd be very happy to hear some ideas for improvements, things that seem out of proportion and general feedback.

Also, I installed BrickLink Studio to make the renders, but I found it difficult to make the 19L flex axles around the wheel arches look natural. Do any of you have some good advice on use of the flex tool in Studio?

Best regards,
Jens

Cool model, I do plan to do a bigger scale of a 959 ..   If you import the flex part from another source would be the best bet 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:10 PM, sirslayer said:

Cool model, I do plan to do a bigger scale of a 959 ..   If you import the flex part from another source would be the best bet 

Ok thanks, do you have a source you can share maybe?

On 5/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, Zerobricks said:

Looking good! I'd suggest you use 42110's rims for better steering pivot.

Thanks. I missed them in my last order, but I will try to get them next time. Although I think I prefer the deep looks of the current ones, especially on the rear axle, but I will give them a try at some point