This is my ATST MOC.  It has 597 pieces, is in mini-figure scale, and has every detail I could Pack in at this scale. While designing this I aimed for two things: show as little studs as possible, and full movie accuracy. I haven't seen any other mocs that meet both my goals as well as this one and I am very happy with how it turned out.

The build is sturdy and well built for playability. It also has movable joints that can be adjusted for different poses. The head can rotate AND turn, something that I haven't seen in any other mocs. The hatch opens, and it comes with a full interior as well:
800x1422.jpg800x1422.jpg
The part where the head connects to the legs is one of my favorite parts because it was a challenge to design:
800x1422.jpg
The legs were also interesting to build because having them skinny and still movie accurate was hard.
800x450.jpg
And the neck joint was probably the hardest to figure out because i had to make it rotate and turn, like shown :
800x450.jpg800x450.jpg
Here is an image of the bottom and right side:
800x1422.jpg
It also comes with a stand to help support it. The stand can rotate and turn to adjust to any angle you might pose it in:
800x450.jpg

Here is a picture of the prototype i built. I dont have all the pieces needed at home, so it looks a little rough. But, some people requested to see it so here it is!

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

This MOC is for sale. You can buy the instructions on: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-41267/AWproductions/at-st-movie-accurate/?inventory=1#comments

Edited by AWproductions

well done, but can it stand without the supportstand?

i think thats when most of the others mocers had the problems

i think the stand destroys all the beauty:/

6 hours ago, muhkuh said:

well done, but can it stand without the supportstand?

i think thats when most of the others mocers had the problems

i think the stand destroys all the beauty:/

Yeah i agree with you about the stand.

I haven't built this one yet, i just designed it on stud.io. I based it off of one i built with my own pieces at home though. The one i built cant stand on its own, but in this one i put in the big round joint pieces in the corner of the "L" shape in the leg which should be able to support the weight.

The appearance looks very good, but, as others have pointed out, the ability to stand on its own is a critical component. At least it would be for me if I ever chose to build one. I honestly don't think those mixel joints are rigid enough to hold the weight of the "head". 

Brickvault just released instructions for their own AT-ST. Despite having a more robust mechanism here, it still has some wobble to it. You might consider trying a similar technique if you decide to build it.

Spoiler

atst_012_1024x1024.png?v=1588359430

At timestamp 3:04 in the below video, you can see it better. 

Spoiler

Edited by Brick-Wombat

On 5/2/2020 at 7:02 AM, AWproductions said:

The build is sturdy and well built for playability. 

This MOC is for sale. 

On 5/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, AWproductions said:

Yeah i agree with you about the stand.

I haven't built this one yet, i just designed it on stud.io. I based it off of one i built with my own pieces at home though. The one i built cant stand on its own, but in this one i put in the big round joint pieces in the corner of the "L" shape in the leg which should be able to support the weight.

Looks very nice.  However, your statements aren't true since you haven't actually built it. Trying to sell the instructions is an insult to peoples intelligence.

22 hours ago, mickywrx said:

Looks very nice.  However, your statements aren't true since you haven't actually built it. Trying to sell the instructions is an insult to peoples intelligence.

i originally designed it out of legos i have in my house. It is functionally the  exact  same design, but the one i posted here has extra parts for aesthetics that i didnt have at home. Therefore, i can say that it is sturdy since i used the same mechanisms to hold it together. It will not change shape or fall apart while you are handling it, like i have seen in other mocs. But, I have not built this version physically, so I cannot say with 100% certainty without lying that it will be the same.

And I am not TRYING to sell the instructions. I AM SELLING the instructions. People are buying it, which shows you are in the minority with your opinion.

Lastly, I dont know how you've never heard of this, but many people that are on a budget design something first. And then once they have earned enough money through sales of the instructions they buy it for them selves. Its  a quite common practice and many people do it.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:32 PM, Brick-Wombat said:

The appearance looks very good, but, as others have pointed out, the ability to stand on its own is a critical component. At least it would be for me if I ever chose to build one. I honestly don't think those mixel joints are rigid enough to hold the weight of the "head". 

Brickvault just released instructions for their own AT-ST. Despite having a more robust mechanism here, it still has some wobble to it. You might consider trying a similar technique if you decide to build it.

Reveal hidden contents

atst_012_1024x1024.png?v=1588359430

At timestamp 3:04 in the below video, you can see it better. 

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you, I will look into it.

5 hours ago, AWproductions said:

i originally designed it out of legos i have in my house. It is functionally the  exact  same design, but the one i posted here has extra parts for aesthetics that i didnt have at home. Therefore, i can say that it is sturdy since i used the same mechanisms to hold it together. It will not change shape or fall apart while you are handling it, like i have seen in other mocs. But, I have not built this version physically, so I cannot say with 100% certainty without lying that it will be the same.

And I am not TRYING to sell the instructions. I AM SELLING the instructions. People are buying it, which shows you are in the minority with your opinion.

Lastly, I dont know how you've never heard of this, but many people that are on a budget design something first. And then once they have earned enough money through sales of the instructions they buy it for them selves. Its  a quite common practice and many people do it.

He's referring to the fact that you said the model was sturdy and then later admitted you never built it, seemingly contradicting yourself since you hadn't mentioned this physical design yet. would you mind showing images of your physical design? if the asthetic parts are different it's possible it weighs more, which could change stability, and I'm also interested to see that design physically.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Bear in mind that a lot of us won't even consider buying a MOC that hasn't been built in real bricks... I've tried to build too many digital-only MOCs that just fall apart when you try to build them, to the point where I rarely even look twice at something that's depicted solely in renders. LDD and Stud.io can't really account for weight or balance or stability, and make it too easy to position parts that are just floating there, without actual connections to the larger build. 

If your goal is to sell instructions for your MOC, do yourself a favor and build it in actual bricks. Modify your design to ensure it's stable and balanced and stands upright, as needed. You'll sell more instructions and become a better MOC designer in the process.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Bear in mind that a lot of us won't even consider buying a MOC that hasn't been built in real bricks... I've tried to build too many digital-only MOCs that just fall apart when you try to build them, to the point where I rarely even look twice at something that's depicted solely in renders. LDD and Stud.io can't really account for weight or balance or stability, and make it too easy to position parts that are just floating there, without actual connections to the larger build. 

If your goal is to sell instructions for your MOC, do yourself a favor and build it in actual bricks. Modify your design to ensure it's stable and balanced and stands upright, as needed. You'll sell more instructions and become a better MOC designer in the process.

okay thanks for the advice!

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's referring to the fact that you said the model was sturdy and then later admitted you never built it, seemingly contradicting yourself since you hadn't mentioned this physical design yet. would you mind showing images of your physical design? if the asthetic parts are different it's possible it weighs more, which could change stability, and I'm also interested to see that design physically.

Ill add it pictures of it soon!

Yhis moc looks great, i like the big interior space, but i'm not a big fan of the idea of a stand for a walker.

1 hour ago, Minizem said:

Yhis moc looks great, i like the big interior space, but i'm not a big fan of the idea of a stand for a walker.

Yeah, a walker needs to be able to stand on it's own. I'm a bit skeptical that this can, seeing as the upper legs and "head" of the walker are connected by a singly clip/bar connection per leg to the lower legs. I might be missing something there, but I don't think that can take the weight.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I don't have much faith in those mixel joints supporting all that weight at all.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, a walker needs to be able to stand on it's own. I'm a bit skeptical that this can, seeing as the upper legs and "head" of the walker are connected by a singly clip/bar connection per leg to the lower legs. I might be missing something there, but I don't think that can take the weight.

I added pictures to the original post of my prototype. The joints are different. Do you guys thing i should change it to be like my prototype build and update it or leave it how it is?

5 hours ago, AWproductions said:

I added pictures to the original post of my prototype. The joints are different. Do you guys thing i should change it to be like my prototype build and update it or leave it how it is?

yes, 100%. The large ball joints have much more friction than mixel joints, the prototype is completely different structurally there. that walker's not going to stand on it's own.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

yes, 100%. The large ball joints have much more friction than mixel joints, the prototype is completely different structurally there. that walker's not going to stand on it's own.

All right i updated it on the rebrickable page here.

I will update or make a new post on here soon

Edited by AWproductions

3 hours ago, AWproductions said:

All right i updated it on the rebrickable page here.

I will update or make a new post on here soon

Looks good, other than the ball joints you fixed on rebrickable I think the model is structurally the same.