Sven J

[MOC] 1934 Belchfire Runabout (Donald Duck's 313 car)

Hi all,

Being a lifetime Donald Duck fan, the famous 313 car has been on my list for quite a long time.
Finally I managed to actually design and build it, so here it is – the 1934 Belchfire Runabout in approximate 1/24 scale (enabling me to use it also as a decoration for my G-scale trains…):

800x533.jpg

800x600.jpg

The rumble seat is fully functional:

05b%20-%20313_Rueckseite_01_klein.gif

08b%20-%20313_Schraeg%20oben_01_klein.gi

The underbody:

800x533.jpg

We all know that it never rains in Southern California, but in Calisota (the state in which Duckburg is situated), it does… So of course, there’s also a primitive convertible roof for the little roadster…

800x533.jpg

… but nevertheless, it’s seemingly still a rather humble vehicle.

800x533.jpg

(The German text in the speech bubble translates as „Daisy’s going out with Gladstone again! Just because this dandy has won a brand-new Snobillac in a tombola! Someone like me with just a small car can’t compete with that.“)

But at night, Donald turns into the Duck Avenger, and we get to see the 313’s secret features, like hovering rockets, a telescopic bumper bar, a bullet-proof shield, a laser gun, a grappling hook shooter and a smoke generator… And of course, thanks to Gyro Gearloose’s ingenuity, it can all be remote-controlled from a safe distance:

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Full-resolution pictures can be found on Flickr.

I hope you enjoyed our short trip to Duckburg!
As usual, comments and criticism are most welcome.

Thank you!
Sven

Edited by Tenderlok

It looks so cool. I like how you caught curves of original - especially mudguards are well executed. And version with roof is better than without it.

Thank you, @Tomik !

6 hours ago, Tomik said:

And version with roof is better than without it.

I like it better, too. But in the comics, the car is usually shown open. There are only very few occasions where you can see the 313 with closed roof.

Small addendum to my first post:
The 313 frequently suffers from mechanical failures and needs repair, so the model can be turned into a version with opened hood.

800x533.jpg

Thank you, @Agent 86 !

Up to now, these are my only two Disney cars. And, to be honest, I don't really like Mickey... but Scrooge's limousine may be an option for the future!