Sign in to follow this  
jp-30

[MOC] Beaker bust - from The Muppet Show

Put together this Muppet Show Beaker bust for a 16x16 build comp (now ended). Note: these photos have the arms posed wider than the 16x16 footprint limit, and a flame in his hair that would have taken it over the height limit. 

49842756223_edb684e9f1_c.jpg
LEGO Beaker Muppet Bust MOC by jp-30, on Flickr

This is awesome.  You've definitely captured Beaker very well, and the flames and posing are dynamic. The nose and eyes are simple, but really spot-on!  :classic:

Thanks! I still have a few tweaks to Beaker I think (fatter nose, though the limited colours available are difficult to achieve what I want), and yep, as you've no doubt seen on FB, currently working on a Bunsen Honeydew to pair up.

Such a funny build. He was recognizable, although it's been a while since I saw the Muppets. I like the build, it might look simple, but the posing of the hands creates the right drama. 

7 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Such a funny build. He was recognizable, although it's been a while since I saw the Muppets. I like the build, it might look simple, but the posing of the hands creates the right drama. 

Thanks! I'm glad it looks simple, as it should being based on a tube, red hair and a couple of ping pong balls. But there's a lot of hidden SNOT work to get the mouth right, and some tricky attachment points for the eyes and nose. :) 

49860868076_51d847b013_c.jpg

I like the new nose (A great model in general, too), and think you've really captured Beaker's essence pretty well. From what I remember of the show Honeydew's experiments constantly caused him to light on fire or something of the sort, and you capture the expression he has really well.