The Rogue Shadow: from the first 'The Force Unleashed' game.
This build took me almost a year of on-off building and it was certainly the most challenging thing I've ever made with Lego! The hardest things being how to keep its asymmetric shape strong enough to pick up and carry around (it weighs a ton!) + getting the odd 'wing panels' on each side to stay up without sagging whilst being able to rotate 90 degrees.

I used the only floorplan that I could find online as a guide (not sure if it's an official floorplan) and I made sure that it incorporated all of the rooms and features detailed in the wiki page, including bunks for 8 passengers, medical bay, training room and more.
Outside the engine room, you can see a huge stygium crystal which looks decorative, but it actually powers the ship's cloaking device - in the training room I put a few different assassin droids and a large selection of melee weapons for Starkiller to keep his fighting skills up and next to that there's a small 'Focus Chamber' for him to channel his dark energies! .... anyway I hope you like my build - and thanks for looking!

1 Front Photo2 Overview13 Port14 Port25 Port36 Port47 Starboard18 Starboard29 Starboard310 Starboard411 Front112 Front213 Rear114 Rear215 Rear316 Rear418 Top17 Open119 Open220 Overview221 Overview322 Cockpit123 Cockpit225 Focus Chamber126 Focus chamber227 Focus Chamber328 Training room129 Training room231 Training room432 Stygium Crystal33 Engine room134 Engine room235 Engine room336 Entrance ramp38 Lounge139 Lounge240 Workshop141 Workshop242 Quarters45 Medical bay146 Medical bay247 Comparison49 Close-up250 Close-up351 Close-up452 Close-up553 Close-up655 Final

Edited by Evilkirk
Too vague lol

Wowowow, this is amazing, I played the games on PS3 loads back in the day and this definitely does it justice! Love the dark blue accents!

I just... Wow.  This is one of the best MOCs I've seen. Amazing detail, it looks like it's minifig scale!  I don't have any critiques or suggestions and you satisfied all my picture wants as well!  You said it wl took a year to build, how long did it take you to design?  Did you have to fine tune it as you went along? Do you know how many parts it took?

I love all the details man, it's brimming with character.  The med bay is great (especially the bed/pod!), the sparring room is stellar, Starkiller's room is awesome... It's so good.  Fantastic job, you are amazing.

Incredible detail on the interior and exterior, great work well done! The rooms are very pleasing to look at, individually theyre so rich in detail it’s hard to take it all in, and the engineering between the rooms is the icing on the cake. I love the exterior and the way it opens, it’s very clever and neatly done, but the engine part on the split-wing part looks a bit small?

Great moc, very impressive :)

15 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Wowowow, this is amazing, I played the games on PS3 loads back in the day and this definitely does it justice! Love the dark blue accents!

Thanks very much! :)

15 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

I just... Wow.  This is one of the best MOCs I've seen. Amazing detail, it looks like it's minifig scale!  I don't have any critiques or suggestions and you satisfied all my picture wants as well!  You said it wl took a year to build, how long did it take you to design?  Did you have to fine tune it as you went along? Do you know how many parts it took?

I love all the details man, it's brimming with character.  The med bay is great (especially the bed/pod!), the sparring room is stellar, Starkiller's room is awesome... It's so good.  Fantastic job, you are amazing.

Thank you! I always just build from my head with my hands, so there was no digital plan to begin with - although I did copy every photo of the Rogue Shadow that I could find online and studied the shape etc for a while before I even lifted a brick. LOTS of fine-tuning, in fact I reduced the amount of studs visible on top yesterday after I took all the pics lol... oh well.

At a guess I'd say it's easily 10,000 pieces at least but I'll hopefully find out if I can recreate the build on Studio :D

14 hours ago, karmajay said:

Wow, epic accomplishment Congrats!

8 hours ago, Reaper said:

This looks amazing!

Thank you very much! :)

7 hours ago, mcphatty said:

Incredible detail on the interior and exterior, great work well done! The rooms are very pleasing to look at, individually theyre so rich in detail it’s hard to take it all in, and the engineering between the rooms is the icing on the cake. I love the exterior and the way it opens, it’s very clever and neatly done, but the engine part on the split-wing part looks a bit small?

Great moc, very impressive :)

Absolutely right about that engine, but I simply couldn't find a way to build a larger double sided saucer shape mounted sideways, without it being very 'segmented' and structurally weak. Additionally the 1 large 'wing/panel' on the side is about 6 studs short, but it started sagging when I made it longer and I didn't want to waste interior space on a massive technic cog system to keep it level! :D

Thanks for your kind words, I'm so happy that people are taking the time to comment :)

WOW, this could be used in a crossection book - its that detailed. Love how much effort was put into the interior and all the inside details. Also like the fact that an EU ship has received this kind of love and attention.

Big source of inspiration for anyone who will want to do a ship interior. At the moment im working only on a small interior like 8x12 studs, but when i start to work on something bigger, i should go back here.

15 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

WOW, this could be used in a crossection book - its that detailed. Love how much effort was put into the interior and all the inside details. Also like the fact that an EU ship has received this kind of love and attention.

Big source of inspiration for anyone who will want to do a ship interior. At the moment im working only on a small interior like 8x12 studs, but when i start to work on something bigger, i should go back here.

12 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

That's a very nice looking ship you've built there. Very well done indeed. Love the details on the interior.

Thank you very much! To show the scale (and strength!) of the build better, here's me holding it - it weighs a ton!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/evilkirk/49852865738/in/album-72157714122808082/

Wow this thing looks amazing, and it is absolutely massive!

What's the estimated piece count? >10000?

On 5/2/2020 at 3:07 PM, Evilkirk said:

At a guess I'd say it's easily 10,000 pieces at least but I'll hopefully find out if I can recreate the build on Studio :D

11 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Wow this thing looks amazing, and it is absolutely massive!

What's the estimated piece count? >10000?

Whoa, awesome ship, can´t just go by and not comment on this one.

That size and detail is just amazing and that it has an interior that actually looks good is even better.

Great work, you can feel proud. :thumbup: 

Congrats on frontpaged. :pir-laugh:

Awesome build!! :wub: 

Very clean, excellent playability and display-ability. It has so many details... Interiors are excellent and ship internal stuff cut offs are great.

Edited by dvogon

Oh my goodness... This is AMAZING! Brings back so many memories. The modular features as well as the curvature make this one spectacular model! I love how smooth everything is as well as the color accents. Gorgeous, truly gorgeous. Excellent work, Evilkirk! :wub_drool:

WOW!! Great work, @Evilkirk, this is stunning! While I can't say I like the videogame Rogue Shadow is in, your build still blows the set out of water  in terms of detail, aesthetics, and all-around awesomeness, and causes jaw-dropping awe!*oh2*

Very cool. I love the internals - I am going to have to study your work with a fine tooth comb!

Edited by Monkfiche

Thanks again everyone, I'm blown away by all the compliments! :pir-blush: ...and thanks to whoever put this on the front page!

I've never designed anything digitally before, so I'm currently trying to familiarize myself with Studio by rebuilding one of my old smaller MOCs on there (The Havoc from the old SW Starfighter games) and then I'm going to make a start at creaking instructions for this monster as I've had so many requests for it.  When instructions are ready, I'll be back! 

This is simply impressive in the amount of detail. Love it!

- Samppu