Hi everyone! I decided to join the contest)
I built one Ford GT in bigger scale (using 56mm tyres) in 2017 year. But it is new challenge - build it in smaller scale. 

My first attempts to replicate original shapes:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by ArtemyZotov

Looking forward to see the progress) How many functions do you plan to fit in your car?

Btw: is it somehow better/easier to use XLRs instead of jacks?)

2 minutes ago, romashkaman said:

Looking forward to see the progress) How many functions do you plan to fit in your car?

Btw: is it somehow better/easier to use XLRs instead of jacks?)

What is XLR?
I want to add working steering wheel and fake mini-piston engine. My primary target is how it will be looking in this scale and secondary is it's functionality. 

2 hours ago, ArtemyZotov said:

What is XLR?
I want to add working steering wheel and fake mini-piston engine. My primary target is how it will be looking in this scale and secondary is it's functionality. 

Thanks for the explanation) And I talked about your Focusrite audio card)

One stud less between wheels would be better IMO, you have to fight with than the real one have a huge rear wheels, so you can play a little bit with the scale.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, jorgeopesi said:

One stud less between wheels would be better IMO, you have to fight with than the real one have a huge rear wheels, so you can play a little bit with the scale.

I tried, but don't like it... It's too big and it forces the rear to be raised one stud higher.

800x600.jpg

I compare both tyres and found that the best one would be 45-46 mm in diameter, but LEGO don't have this size.

800x600.jpg

Wheelbase is ok

800x600.jpg

Edited by ArtemyZotov

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

You are right, if I want to use 43,2 tyres as average size of both wheels, I should make it shorter and 1:16,2 scale is more fit to 15 studs limit for width.

Calculations.PNG (575×244)

Edited by ArtemyZotov

It seems I have good sight because I said it without know it the numbers :laugh: , you are right it is much better with the same 4 wheels.

Today's progress

I did wheelbase 1 stud shorter
Steering wheel is working now.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by ArtemyZotov

Very cool! Also like the color scheme. :thumbup:

One thing: Would it be possible to tilt the rear upper end a little more?

Looks really good; I suppose V8 is on the way :devil:

Wow even better, I would have nothing more to say if I want a chance... but I agree with johnnym what the hell :laugh: .

@ArtemyZotov perhaps this idea could use you one day, since I'm not sure if this mod is allowed (tire overall diameter is 45mm and I'll use it one day on my orange Truck rod project)

800x600.jpg

You’ve got some good shapes going on there and I think the colour scheme helps, it’s recognisable as the GT. I do like your windscreen solution both the a-posts and the lower screen rail.

looking forward to seeing what you manage to do in the engine bay.

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@ArtemyZotov perhaps this idea could use you one day, since I'm not sure if this mod is allowed (tire overall diameter is 45mm and I'll use it one day on my orange Truck rod project)

800x600.jpg

Quoting the picture for understanding. @I_Igor: That's cool! Though it's really hard to get the tyre on this rim, using the 49.5 x 20 tyres and something around the rim to keep the tread outwards could bring us the missing contemporary wheels for the 42111 Charger. The resulting wheel diameter is slightly smaller than the used 56 x 28 ZR tyres and it's considerably thinner.

Just now, johnnym said:

Quoting the picture for understanding. @I_Igor: That's cool! Though it's really hard to get the tyre on this rim, using the 49.5 x 20 tyres and something around the rim to keep the tread outwards could bring us the missing contemporary wheels for the 42111 Charger. The resulting wheel diameter is slightly smaller than the used 56 x 28 ZR tyres and it's considerably thinner.

Actually it is 43.2 x 20 tire...resulting some 45-46mm diameter

Just now, I_Igor said:

Actually it is 43.2 x 20 tire...resulting some 45-46mm diameter

I know, but I thought if these (43.2 x 20) tyres fit, than the 49.5 x 20 tyres would also - which they actually do (I have one on my table right now) - and they already have a bigger diameter leading to an even bigger diameter (a little bit less than the 56 x 28 ZR tyre) with the used rim.

Edited by johnnym
clarification

Just now, johnnym said:

I know, but I thought if these (43.2 x 20) tyres fit, than the 49.5 x 20 tyres would also - which they actually do (I have one on my table right now) - and they have a bigger diameter leading to a bigger diameter (a little bit less than the 56 x 28 ZR tyre) with the used rim.

That could help someone to make cool custom car or hotrod or muscle car Moc :thumbup:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Thanks for the idea, but it's diameter is 48 mm 

800x600.jpg

And I think it's still looking big (You can see V8 engine inside, but it is not final version, i'm trying to make it more compact)
With that wheels I need make car longer again.. So as you can see from my calculation's table, If I want to build 1:15,5 scale, it should be 17 studs in width, but contest's limit is 15. It will be incorrect proportions.

800x600.jpg

Edited by ArtemyZotov

Nice shape overall:thumbup:

I feel some places are not as curvy as the real car. For example, the rear fender,  not sure if it looks better with a flex axial behind the fender making a curve. Another place is the headlight, I like the shape of your bigger mod here much better. Maybe a 32192 better than 32015 here?

Engine bay is done.

I like how it looks and the structure is pretty rigid thanks to two system tiles with clips that connect engine with chassis.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Impressive for that scale. I bought your 2017 one a while ago (the black version) and almost done building it (still waiting on some parts and in the mean while trying to implement some kind of suspension without ruining it's looks)  I love the look and feel of that model and you defenitly created high hopes on this one as well.  Not quite sure about the front wheel arches at this point, but eager to see your progress.  Congratz