Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Six

This is preposterous. He's clearly lying to our faces. Why would someone come on the internet and just lie to us like this?

42 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

with friends

We're supposed to believe you have friends? Seriously... :hmpf: :laugh: 

Just to add some value to this post, IF I was leaning towards anyone today, it would be Peter, and Vincent did a decent job summarizing why. Still not sure though.

6 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

This is preposterous. He's clearly lying to our faces. Why would someone come on the internet and just lie to us like this?

We're supposed to believe you have friends? Seriously... :hmpf: :laugh: 

Just to add some value to this post, IF I was leaning towards anyone today, it would be Peter, and Vincent did a decent job summarizing why. Still not sure though.

*Fwom fwom—:pir_laugh2:

At least you can be sure that I'm drunk. :pir-huzzah1:

Drunk enough to throw out the paranoid fear that if we lynch a Townie and agree to block Peter again that perhaps one of our friendly "Town" blockers might be doing just enough to get us to trust him to block the other blocker and free up Peter to kill. :pir-look: Drunken paranoia? Or drunken clarity? Sorry, Fred, I'd be more inclined this would be you as opposed to our vanilljliaszwer. 

But assuming for a moment that neither one of our blockers are diabolical Scum, let's look at where Peter typically votes on wagons:

On 4/6/2020 at 4:59 PM, Peter Lyon said:

Vote: Fred Dumont

Voted early for Fred and left it there. Fred laughed it off and Peter responded by making more beard jokes. Peter made no further contributions that day besides murmuring something about Robin's vote being odd.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, Peter Lyon said:

Looking at it now, that whole series of votes was interesting.  Robin was leading everyone else with 2 votes after voting for the absent Michael.  Aiden moved from Daniel to Justin.  Daniel moved from Vincent to Aiden.  Fred then moves from Robin to Aiden.  It was all very late, so there wasn't any real hope of getting a lynch.  I know I was on Fred a bit yesterday, and I admit to not having read all of the Daniel/Vincent argument in much detail, but it seems to me that Fred jumped in on someone else's argument and wasn't so much keeping up as trying to get anyone lynched or look consistent.  Not much caring about the actual outcome so much as how he looked in the end.

On Day Two, he starts the day with a rousing analysis of who was for or against a lynch and then who voted for who and ends up casting a little more suspicion towards Fred. Fred does respond to this with the defense that his statements were consistent. I'm only now finding this interesting after proposing Fred and Peter might be working together and now seeing that Peter voted for Fred on Day one and then continued to cast a little suspicion on them and seeing that they both interacted over these votes...

Peter then doesn't contribute anything more for four pages and then comes in and adds his opinion of Daniel's claim, that it's safer to claim jailkeeper than blocker, for Scum. At this point Joshua had three votes and Daniel still had four. He rebuffs Joshua's claim that Peter misquoted him. He then presses Alex for a claim to confirm that Daniel blocked him.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Peter Lyon said:

In the meantime, Vote: Joshua Levitt

He then votes, 9 posts after Daniel's claim, for Joshua, after mumbling more about his Day One suspicions about Fred. He crowns himself the reviver of the Joshua lynch at the fifth vote. He gets a little involved with the Daniel bout of screeching for the PMs between Aiden and me to be revealed. He defends me for a while and then adds I could also be scum, then tries to tell Daniel there are different levels of trust, then probably gives up because a wall of Daniel text gets thrown at him. He doesn't contribute anything else for the day.

Except stabbing the dead body. He did that for several days. I've always been curious about this and even asked him about it. He said it's a throwback to previous mafia behavior. This rings a faint bell but I haven't put much thought into it. Side note: I assume from the body stabbing and the time between end of Day and Bob posting the conclusion that there's a bit of a twilight phase where I imagine the Governor Action would take place...if it actually exists.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I assume you threatened Daniel that you were going to share your conversation with us all first thing when the day breaks, and he told you to PM at least 5 people, but you didn't PM anyone, not even Aiden who we should all trust for no reason!  :pir_tong2:

Ummm... what?  Why are you called a "vanilaizer" if your action is just a regular blocking action?

He starts Day Three by seemingly accepting Fred's claim despite being suspicious of him for the first two days, but questioning Andrew. Who blocked Peter? Was it Night Two? There's too much to look over. Mafia-ing is hard.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I think those votes are certainly worth looking into.  You already know my past thoughts on Fred.  Robin, Emmett, and Trenton are fairly similar in my mind at this point.  I feel like Robin has been the least helpful, but I'm not sure if that has equated to scummy.

I think the day 1 interaction and Vincent's other points on Justin make him a reasonable choice for today.  He has yet to say anything that really alleviates those concernts.

Vote: Justin Reynaud

He questions the multiple blocker claims for a bit and then agrees with Daniel that the four people who voted for him after he claimed or left there votes on him, whatever... Robin and Trenton are both in this group of voters and he singles out Robin but then decides to vote for Justin, based on my points and the Day One interaction.

He gets involved in the conversation a bit later suggesting that the Scum couldn't choose not to kill to implicate the players being blocked unless they knew who was going to be blocked. He postulates that it's too risky with so many blockers that the Scum would risk this. 

!! :pir-oh: I am finding more reason to think that one of our remaining blockers is Scum as I analyze Peter's votes and contributions. I may be "forcing a narrative"-our new favorite term-but not intentionally. I'm suggesting a "narrative" meaning something that may have actually been happening, but from an honest suspicion, not any diabolical plot to get everyone suspicious of Fred. We've all seen me dig into suspicions that seemed plausible and then the lynched players at the center of my suspicions turn up Town, so again, take it with a grain of salt. Or lynch me to buy yourselves some time. My whiskey is empty!

After noting again that we have too many blockers he switches his vote to Alex:

On 4/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, Peter Lyon said:

Vote: Alex Howe

Which hammers the lynch. And then he's out for the day. The other person who was being voted for at that point, besides Justin, was his favorite suspect Fred, who he had just mentioned (somewhere in the 96 hours of Day Three) has been been acting scummy all game, or something like that. I don't feel like finding it again but it's significant because he seemed to believe Fred's claim, twice mentions the multiple blocks are suspicious but then doesn't vote for Fred, but hammers Alex.

On Day Four, he sidles in on page three, confirming that Fred confided his block info to him:

On 4/22/2020 at 11:58 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I think Fabian's review of the possible killers is accurate.

I can confirm that I'm the other "random person" Fred PM'd his blocking target to.

This is a point in Fred's favor, really. Confiding in a Scummo to pretend to spread the info out in case you get killed is putting all of your scum in one basket. Would they do that? At the same time, why did Fred choose Peter who had posted minimally and voiced suspicions of him for three days. I think I was the other person Fred confided in. Who can remember?

On 4/24/2020 at 2:27 PM, Peter Lyon said:

Vote: Justin Reynaud

He is silent for a while until he asks for clarification on why Justin would admit to targeting Jean if he was the killer and apparently I convince him that it's scummy, so he votes for Justin.  This eventually becomes the hammer after Daniel un-votes Justin.

He confirms he was blocked early-ish on day five. Has he told us who he was attempting to target the past two nights when he was blocked?

He's the first to vote Fabien, followed shortly by Robin and in rapid succession: Andrew, Fred, Trenton. 

On 4/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, Peter Lyon said:

Vote: Fabien Bellamy

It's pinging me that Fred voted quickly after Andrew yesterday and today. 

Peter comes back in to re-confirm his feeling that Fabien is the best lynch. If not him, then me. Wasn't he also blocked? That's audacious. :pir-angry: But then he's off again and doesn't say anything else.

Honestly, this takes forever, but it would be worth it to take a look at Trenton and Aiden too. Maybe Fred too. Fred, I don't like suspecting you but it needs to be done. 

What do I get from my Peter voting analysis? Peter's voting record is marginally Scummy, which is subjective, but it's also possible Peter and Fred are both Scum. What do I want to do with this post? Delete it and forget I did it, because it makes me suspicious of Fred and I don't want to veer anyone, including myself, off on the wrong course as I seem to be highly adept at suspecting Townies. I'll post it because I'm drunk and I put a lot of time into it and I'd probably just wake up in the morning, all hungover, and try to re-compose it all and then pass out on my keyboard. 

adjiouckjdsiauvgbvfiubiuhbbjvkasdiufhjkalkjdiuaiclskjnlhbsavluFWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMahjdfhkljhluhglashdliughjkfgiulahflsjgliasuhlivundhll

3 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

As I was posting my claim, which I was making to explain my bulletproofiness and explain away the word "Survivor" in my acrostic post, I quoted Peter's post where he called me "very neutral."

If I were scum and had any ability to identify you as neutral on night 1, I never would have called your behavior "very neutral".  What would be the point of letting you know I knew at that stage?  It would serve no purpose other than to raise suspicions.  I do understand why that word would ping you, but I've never heard of a town or scum aligned survivor.  That hardly makes sense.

Vincent, I see your vote analysis, and I personally feel good about it.  Not sure you read it the way I do, but I stand behind my approach to each day's vote.

OK, I have some energy left. 

Aiden has pinged me twice. Once was when he said he would've used his action to unlynch me, only to piss off Daniel. Not because he thought I'd be a bad lynch, just to freak Daniel out. That last thing this game would've needed would be Daniel with his buttons pushed further. That seems to me like someone stoking the flames of the constant interruptions and chaotic confusion and wanted more of it, to hide behind.  Wait, I can't find this post. I think I read too fast initially and then remembered it incorrectly. He says he wanted to orchestrate a bait and switch with a townie that investigated as Scum. What? Anyway, this is the closest I could find to what I remembered:

On 4/27/2020 at 12:29 PM, Aiden Leon said:

I wanted to use my govenor role to orchestrate a bait & switch or something for scum but it would have been way to complicated lol. Like say someone I thought was townie was investigated as scum, invoke a lot of reactions, disccusion, and voting, and then unlynch them. :laugh: Daniel probably would've ripped me to shreds.

Ah, OK, OK. I see what I was thinking. Now I'm drunkenly posting a stream of consciousness. Is it fun to read? I think that did refer to me. It's actually Townier now that I analyze it. Sorry to put you all through all of that. :pir-huzzah1:

The other is that he left his vote off of Fabien, believing he was Vengeful. I admit to believing it was possible Fabien was some sort of vengeful Scum. It was odd that he wanted to be lynched and left himself as his own hammer and then kept insisting on more votes. That's why I didn't mind being the hammer as I hoped my bulletproofiness would save me. I even clarified with Bob if I would lose my bulletproofiness if he was a vengeful Vanilljliaszkewrt. However, if Aiden knew Fabien was Town, he'd be more afraid of being the hammer as a Super Saint seems to be only Town-aligned. Vengeful seems to be able to choose their kill target, so it remains a ping as much as I could justify having the fear that something was up. 

Oh, wait. There's a third. He approached me on Night Four asking if I wanted to be un-lynched if I was lynched on Day Five. This could be seen as Scummy if it meant he expected me to be a lynch target on Day Five as that would indicate he knew Justin would flip Town and I would be under scrutiny. Fuck. Shit. I can convince myself that anybody is Scum. :pir_wacko:

It's late and I'm tired so let's just look at the final vote tally to get a vague idea of where he's voted: 

Day One

On 4/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 2 (Vincent Denis, Aiden Leon)
Fred Dumont - 1 (Peter Lyon)
Alex Howe -  1 (Andrew Laurent)
Jean Pelley - 1 (Trenton Monette)
Andrew Laurent - 1 (Jean Pelley)
Fabien Bellamy - 1 (Joshua Levitt)
Robin Tremblay - 1 (Alex Howe)
Aiden Leon - 3 (Justin Reynaud, Daniel Lucas, Fred Dumont)

With 16 players, a majority of 9 is required to lynch. Therefore, nobody has been sent to the firing squad today. A day conclusion will be up shortly, get your night actions in! 

Voted for me with Justin.

Day Two

On 4/14/2020 at 4:59 PM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Joshua Levitt - 9 (Jean Pelley, Andrew Laurent, Vincent Denis, Aiden Leon, Peter Lyon, Daniel Lucas, Emmett Ware, Justin Reynaud, Fred Dumont)
Daniel Lucas - 1 (Joshua Levitt)

With 9 votes, Joshua Levitt has been lynched. A day conclusion will be up shortly! Get those night actions in!

Voted fourth for Joshua and has previously given himself credit for reviving momentum on the bandwagon.

Day Three

On 4/20/2020 at 10:56 AM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 2 (Fabien Bellamy, Emmett Ware)
Alex Howe - 7 (Robin Tremblay, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Justin Reynaud, Vincent Denis, Peter Lyon, Aiden Leon)
Fred Dumont - 2 (Alex Howe, Daniel Lucas)

With 12 players, a majority of 7 is required. As a result, Alex Howe has been lynched.

Get your night actions in please!

Ended up as the hammer for Alex, but I think this might only be because Daniel un-voted him.

Day Four

On 4/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 8 (Fabien Bellamy, Robin Tremblay, Emmett Ware, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Vincent Denis, Peter Lyon, Aiden Leon)
Vincent Denis - 2 (Daniel Lucas, Justin Reynaud)

With 11 players, a majority of 6 is required to lynch. As a result, Justin Reynaud has been lynched.

Get in your night actions!

Voted late on Justin

Day Five

On 4/29/2020 at 3:35 PM, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Andrew Laurent - 1 (Aiden Leon)
Fabien Bellamy - 6 (Peter Lyon, Robin Tremblay, Fred Dumont, Trenton Monette, Fabien Bellamy, Vincent Denis)
Fred Dumont - 1 (Andrew Laurent)

With 6 votes, Fabien Bellamy has been lynched! Get in your night actions!

As mentioned earlier, kept his vote off of Fabien, but voted early for Andrew and kept his vote there. Andrew and Emmett both kept their votes off of Fabien as well... :pir-look: Everyone is Scum! 

On 4/27/2020 at 6:15 AM, Aiden Leon said:

I personally like the idea that scum are sitting on their asses. It's genius.

Vote: Andrew Laurent

It's late. Did he ever fully explain his vote for Andrew? I don't remember.

On 4/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, Aiden Leon said:

Are you allowed to quote scum board messages?

This is one of my favorite quotes of the game. I still lean slightly Town on Aiden, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. I still think the fact that Peter was blocked on two nights where we didn't see a kill is significant. It shouldn't take me to long to do Trenton because he's barely said anything during the game. I have theories about that too. But it's metagaming on who I thought Trenton really is and the claim that this is his second game. Anyway, good night everybody! :pir-huzzah1::pir-huzzah1:

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: The summer sun knows me by name *Fwom fwomma fwom*

23 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

If I were scum and had any ability to identify you as neutral on night 1, I never would have called your behavior "very neutral".  What would be the point of letting you know I knew at that stage?  It would serve no purpose other than to raise suspicions.  I do understand why that word would ping you, but I've never heard of a town or scum aligned survivor.  That hardly makes sense.

Vincent, I see your vote analysis, and I personally feel good about it.  Not sure you read it the way I do, but I stand behind my approach to each day's vote.

Oh, hi Peter! Night cap? Don't mind if I do. :pir-huzzah1:I suppose if you were Scum and had an investigative ability that only told you I was neutral, you might try to signal me if you thought that might indicate I'm a serial killer and then ask to work with me. I don't know what Scum action would reveal such a thing because why?? Would you be investigating anyone else to see if they're town?? You don't have to kill me to win so I wouldn't imagine you'd be looking for me or Bob would give you some tool to find me. Maybe you wanted to signal me as a threat that you knew I was neutral and should work with you? I don't know. It's just weird.

I forgot to be more verbose earlier when I said I reject the idea of a bulletproof survivor. Then I said, no offense Bob. What I meant to expound up on that was that the Survivor seems to be a role that gives the Scum a little benefit in the numbers and also weakens the player from being able to scum hunt since it will entice them to kill him. With me being bulletproof I can scum-hunt all I want, but that's been great for the scum as it seems my scum-hunting skills...well...FUCKING SUCK!

As for your confidence in your vote position, good for you! I'll drink to that. :pir-huzzah1::pir-huzzah1:I hope that's true, if you're Town. It seems the new town-tell in this game is if Vincent finds your actions suspicious! :pir-huzzah1:

*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM* The tuba is an obnoxious instrument. Anyone ever notice that?

6 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Why would someone come on the internet and just lie to us like this?

Wait, so Bill Gates isn't giving away money if you share the link?? Dam it.

So Vincent is actually neutral. I'm still not sure why he lied to us in the first place. As I said earlier Remi thought there was at least one scum between the Vincent - Aiden - Daniel madness and I still believe him. To be honest I don't know what to believe. Vinecent's claim is just plain weird. Aiden's "bait and switch" plan is also bizarre. So from my understanding he wanted to unlynch a player he thought was town but was actually scum just to piss off Daniel? I don't know if I see that coming from a town perspective. Why would any townie even want to suggest that? A part of me wants to lynch Aiden because of what's come to light. But depending on what the numbers are mislynching could be catastrophic. 

43 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

So from my understanding he wanted to unlynch a player he thought was town but was actually scum just to piss off Daniel?

No no no the idea was that I'd say that someone (that I thought was town) was investigated as scum. If I successfully chose someone who was town, then that means they'd obviously know they weren't scum, and scum would know they weren't scum or would think something funky was going on. Then after they'd been lynched I would unlynch them, and explain in the morning what was going on. Hopefully all that would have given us something interesting to work with to find scum. Daniel was just a side affect. 

I probably would have done it if I could have worked with the person that I was gonna say that I (or someone else) investigated as scum if I could have been more certain that they were town. Could have had a lot more fun with it like maybe have the person falsely admit toward the end that they actually were scum to really throw scum for a loop. :laugh:

4 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

Once was when he said he would've used his action to unlynch me, only to piss off Daniel.

I thought I said something like this as well in PM but when I look back I don't see anything.

4 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

This is one of my favorite quotes of the game.

Yeah this was a joke in reply to Andrew (who didn't get it :tongue:) who was talking about having Fabien kill me which I found hilariously strange to see just being said out in the open so I joked that he was quoting the scum board.

I try to get some sleep and look at the chaos I come back to.

First, I've been operating this whole time assuming we started with 4 scum to find. Now I've gotta consider if Vincent being neutral really means there's 3 like he's suggesting it might. IN THAT CASE, then lynching him might make sense to give us a night to do more blocking/tracking tests (or Emmett's no-lynch suggestion would do the same), since a wrong lynch at this point is almost surely game over. Gotta ponder on that some more. 

I will say that his claim of being a neutral bulletproof survivor is the first claim this entire game that I've immediately accepted as actually true :) It fits with everything he's said and done.

One thing I'll point out Vincent, as you rehash the entire game looking for clues... don't forget that the scum can't day-communicate like normal. That could be part of what's thrown off your reads this game. They can't coordinate fake fights from behind the scenes, or discuss accusations, or plan votes. We can't either, but the town doesn't rely on that the way the scum do. 

Alright. It's Sunday morning and I gotta go to church and take my mind off this for a while. Anyone wanna join me? The organ is getting boring - we could use some tuba in there. It'd be fun to wake up the old ladies with... Someone wanna grab Fabien's trumpet? 

Vote Count:
Peter Lyon - 2 (VIncent Denis, Aiden Leon)
Aiden Leon - 2 (Andrew Laurent, Fred Dumont)

About 10 or so hours remain in this day. With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to send someone to the firing line. 

To be honest, Vincent’s claim pings me, but not in a necessarily scum way. Almost like a true town worried he’s going to be lynched if people look suspiciously at him again. 

it’s Lyon of Leon today, I think. Let’s just choose one. Keep in mind Mr. Ware suggested no lynch. Someone earlier has stated a no lynch might cause the scum to win the game. Sorry, I’m writing from my mobile parchment and.

38 minutes ago, Fred Dumont said:

To be honest, Vincent’s claim pings me, but not in a necessarily scum way. Almost like a true town worried he’s going to be lynched if people look suspiciously at him again. 

*Fwom fwomma—:pir_wacko:

say-what-.jpg

You get Town pings? I ping you as Town? I'm so confused. You think I'm a Townie who, in an attempt not to be lynched, is pretending to be neutral and offering to be lynched. That's weird, Fred.

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma, fwomma fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: with the rains in Shambala!

OK, let's do Trenton.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:57 AM, Trenton Monette said:

I don’t think it’s that scummy to poke a player for being inactive. Sure a vote on an inactive player isn’t going to automatically make them come out and say something but If that player responds to the vote in some way then I’d say job done. Feels like an attempt to jump on the first thing you saw.

Vote: Jean Pelley 

On Day One, he's the only one to vote for Jean because he doesn't like Jean's vote on a poke-voter. At this point in the Day, 4 people had one vote each, Justin had 2. Trenton's vote for Jean makes him the 5th person with one vote on him. Two posts later, Joshua places a vote for Fabien bringing the number of players with one vote to 6 and soon after, due to other votes, there are 8 players with one vote at the halfway point through the day. Trenton doesn't do much after this.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:29 AM, Trenton Monette said:

Daniel's PM to Vincent feels off too. And I don't think he's been very helpful at all. The problem is that the longer the two of them are both around and arguing the longer other players slip under the radar and we waste time bickering.

Vote: Daniel Lucas

On Day Two, Trenton votes for Daniel after reading the PMs between us. He is the third vote on Daniel. He unvotes Daniel after Daniel's roleclaim. Daniel yells at him for the vote and the unvote. :pir-hmpf: Aside from a few more posts regarding aliens and masons, Trenton is pretty much done for the day here. He doesn't come back and re-vote, effectively not voting on Day Two.

On Day Three, Trenton starts off asking about Alex's claim of not having an action and then disappears for a while. He comes back to say that he was also in contact with Jean. He tells us Jean was in agreement on his suspicions about Robin and also suspected Fabien, Fred and Peter. He calls the Vanillaizer claim interesting and wonders if it is limited in some way. Trenton is the only person not to vote on Day Three. He is not active for most of the Day, even though he is mentioned by others over 100 times. He questions if we would have so many blockers if Alex is truly vanilla.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, Trenton Monette said:

I’m intrigued to hear who Fred and Andrew blocked last night. Vincent could indeed have been targeted last night. Or Robin could have successfully protected a target. I’m guessing he’s either X-shot or he can only kill on alternate nights? 

Day Four starts with Trenton talking about who was blocked, since there was no kill. He mistakenly postulates that Robin can only kill on alternate nights, when he meant to say protect. Missing is his previous concern that one of the blockers is Scum if Alex is vanilla, which Alex's Townie corpse tells us that the claim was true. Sorry, Alex. Trenton does ask how I would know there's a scum blocker, which pings me in retrospect because DUH, there's typically a scum blocker as was his point the day before that there were too many Town blockers if we have vanilla Townies!

He does go back to the idea of a scum blocker, here:

On 4/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, Trenton Monette said:

The three blockers coordinated their targets last night. So if there was a scum blocker then the scum would’ve known who NOT to target in the case of Daniel (since he protects his target as well). Andrew said his role was a vanillaiser right? So technically he isn’t a blocker by definition but by function he serves the same purpose as one. 

This gives me a different perspective on Fred. If he was Scum and they tried to kill me on Night Three, then Fred would've known that I was being protected, making it less that Fred is Scum if I was the kill target. He would also know that three non-scum were being blocked, though. And that would've been the night that they chose not to kill. ... Has Fred known the block targets since Night Three?? Trenton doesn't have anything else to add after this and again, doesn't vote.

Day Five, he starts out with this sparkling gem:

On 4/27/2020 at 2:27 AM, Trenton Monette said:

I find it incredibly convenient that Fabien just happened to kill the person who was trying to block him last night. This makes me think he knew he was going to be blocked and took action before he could be stopped. 

Why would the scum fail? I could see two kills cancelling out one another (as has happened in a previous game). But your kill has gone through so it can't be the case. 

How did we not see this before? Maybe my walls of text are killing our ability to see other things. Shit. But, look at what he says to Fabien. "Why would the Scum fail?" "Your kill has gone through." That post starts with him accusing Fabien of lying and being the Scum killer and then ends with what could be seen as a slip of Scum Perspective. "Two killers targeting each other could make the scum kill fail, but yours went through, so that wouldn't explain the scum kill failing." Like it's knowledge that Fabien was the Town Vig. 

Possibly. I've dug into suspicions like this before and it's ended up a Townie just carelessly ruminating, as they would when they have nothing to hide. But it could also be he slipped with the knowledge that Fabien was truth-tellin'. He could also just mean that it's ludicrous to think the Scum kill failed. However, Peter and I were both blocked that night, so it's not ludicrous. But, maybe I've spent too much time reading three sentences...

He ends up being the original hammer of Fabien before Andrew unvotes:

On 4/27/2020 at 4:01 PM, Trenton Monette said:

I'm also in agreement of the lynch Fabian block Vincent. I'm still not sure whether I trust the claim fully or not. 

Vote: Fabien Bellamy

Because he doesn't trust the claim, fully. That pings me in retrospect, too. Maybe it did at the time, I don't remember. He comes back in once to reiterate that he thinks the best plan for the Day was to lynch Fabien. 

The other ping I got from re-reading his contributions was this during Day Two when Daniel was saying that Aiden and I must be masons:

On 4/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, Trenton Monette said:

So Vincent and Aiden aren't masons? F*cking hell 

Trenton, what was your thought process during the whole mason discussion on that day? You know, from the perspective of a mason. 

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma, fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom, Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: I can tell my brother by the flowers in his eyes *Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

I'm unlikely to be on again before the end of the day, but I'll try to check in if I can.  After all of that review by Vincent, I can find things in each of the people he's reviewed that suggest townie and that suggest scum.  It hasn't moved the needle for me much on anyone from what I stated earlier.

That said, I'm not going to cast a vote right now.  I'm not prepared to vote for Aiden beyond what would be just a save my butt vote, and I don't think this is the right time for that.  If pressed into a me or him I would obviously vote him, but otherwise I would probably vote for Fred due to the number of blockers/protectors.  I don't feel strongly enough to lynch him given the lack of kills the last three nights, so I'm fine with not risking another mislynch.

50 minutes ago, Peter Lyon said:

I'm unlikely to be on again before the end of the day, but I'll try to check in if I can.  After all of that review by Vincent, I can find things in each of the people he's reviewed that suggest townie and that suggest scum.  It hasn't moved the needle for me much on anyone from what I stated earlier.

That said, I'm not going to cast a vote right now.  I'm not prepared to vote for Aiden beyond what would be just a save my butt vote, and I don't think this is the right time for that.  If pressed into a me or him I would obviously vote him, but otherwise I would probably vote for Fred due to the number of blockers/protectors.  I don't feel strongly enough to lynch him given the lack of kills the last three nights, so I'm fine with not risking another mislynch.

Who did you try to target on Nights Four and Five?

*Fwooooooooooooooooom*

Would it be a viable test of Aiden to lynch him and then see if he un-lynches himself? Aiden, can you self target?

*fwom fwom fwom fwom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

However, Peter and I were both blocked that night, so it's not ludicrous. But, maybe I've spent too much time reading three sentences...

You are definitely reading into this too much. Fabian was suggesting that the scum tried to kill Daniel as well as himself - but failed. And I was questioning why he would think this. Hence my suggestion of the vig and the scum killer targeting the same person and cancelling the kill - something that has happened before. Not everything is so black and white. I can question someone and still believe the claim they've made. And how is me considering his claim knowledge that he was the Vig? 

Trenton, what was your thought process during the whole mason discussion on that day? You know, from the perspective of a mason. 

There were two things going through my mind when that happened. Either Daniel was lying and going nuts (like he did a lot during Day 2) or I assumed you and Aiden were another set of masons. Can there be two sets of masons in one game? 

2 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

*Fwom fwomma—:pir_wacko:

You get Town pings? I ping you as Town? I'm so confused. You think I'm a Townie who, in an attempt not to be lynched, is pretending to be neutral and offering to be lynched. That's weird, Fred.

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma, fwomma fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: with the rains in Shambala!

Like a ping in my mind that says"No, you're not scum" almost certainly. A reverse ping, to say.

2 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

This gives me a different perspective on Fred. If he was Scum and they tried to kill me on Night Three, then Fred would've known that I was being protected, making it less that Fred is Scum if I was the kill target. He would also know that three non-scum were being blocked, though. And that would've been the night that they chose not to kill. ... Has Fred known the block targets since Night Three?? Trenton doesn't have anything else to add after this and again, doesn't vote.

Mr. Lucas and I coordinated Might 2. Night 3 was when Mr. Laurent started a conversation between the three of us.

Because he doesn't trust the claim, fully. That pings me in retrospect, too. Maybe it did at the time, I don't remember. He comes back in once to reiterate that he thinks the best plan for the Day was to lynch Fabien. 

Again not everything is black and white. I can trust a claim and still have doubts and visa versa. I can not trust a claim but still have doubts.

Vote Count:
Peter Lyon - 2 (VIncent Denis, Aiden Leon)
Aiden Leon - 2 (Andrew Laurent, Fred Dumont)

About 4 or so hours remain in this day. With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to send someone to the firing line. 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:41 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

Could they have something they're using instead of the kill, like a conversion? THAT is a terrifying thought! ARGHHHHH!

On 4/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, Bob said:

4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.

*Fwom*

I find it interesting that several of our most suspicious players haven't put a vote down - Peter, Trenton, Robin, plus Emmett. Emmett at least blatantly said he doesn't want a lynch. But the other 3 of you? Please take a stand. 

Would it be a viable test of Aiden to lynch him and then see if he un-lynches himself? Aiden, can you self target?

Even if he can, that would use up that ability. I can't imaging giving someone more than 1 shot governor. And what would it prove? I guess that he HAS the ability. But considering our other roles we've seen from bob, would it indicate his alignment? Not to me. Mafiascum says governor can be either, although mafia govs are usually overpowered and only used in game with multiple ways to kill. Well, we did have a vig... Or it might make sense if we did only have 3 scum to start with.... But then why wouldn't he have used it to save Joshua?

So are we going to try to lynch with three hours left? I've said before I think Leon or Lyon are our best bets, and I've already voted for one of them, and both currently have two. I'll switch my vote if need be to get this lynch, but we need to have more people vote, talk, etc.

*Fwooooooooooom*

Fred says that he tried to block Peter on Night One but was blocked by Andrew. If they are on the same team, this would be a good place to create some public distance. Without having to have another player confirm they were blocked, he can say it was Peter, which if we were to believe that, creates the illusion that they're not on the same team. I am the living encapsulation of "A broken clock is right twice a day." If I over-think everything, I have to be right about something, right?

This makes me look even more harshly at Peter's suspicions of Fred, because if he already found him suspicious, wouldn't he question why he chose him to be targeted for a block. If I was a Townie and the person I found most suspicious posted that they had try to block me, I might freak out! :pir-blush: At least I'd ask about it. 

Fabien asked:

On 4/16/2020 at 11:06 PM, Fabien Bellamy said:

Why did Fred choose to block Peter instead of Robin or Aiden (his votes on day 1) ?

which is a really good question. Why would Fred block Peter after voting for Robin and Aiden?

I don't remember doing this but I asked him too:

On 4/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, Vincent Denis said:

Peter hasn't pinged me. I've actually got him in the potential town column. I'm not crazy about this. @Fred Dumont Why Peter?

Here's the answer:

On 4/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, Fred Dumont said:

Because he's been fairly quiet and under the radar. I figured it would be interesting to see if it was worth it. I was unsuccessful that night in my result.

"He's been fairly quiet and under the radar" pings me a bit more because it was Night One that he had blocked him. Did Fred mention any suspicion of Peter on Day Two? Jesus, do I have to go check? This is tedious. Because I would suspect a Town blocker that targeted someone because he found them suspicious, might be further suspicious of that target if he was unsuccessful at blocking him.

He wants to lynch me and Daniel:

On 4/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, Fred Dumont said:

With Mr Denis and Mr Lucas arguing back and forth, I’m guessing one is scum, and since the scum can’t communicate and coordinate during the day, other scum members aren’t able to tell their teammate to back off. I say we lynch one today. If he turns up scum, fantastic. If not, we go for the other tomorrow. 

When Aiden questions him about this he says that people set up next day lynches all the time. He actually says "lunches" but I blame his parchment. Do we set up next day lunches all the time? Or does the Town? Sounds like something scum might try to do. Townies may suggest a good course of action, but it's typically changed by the course of new information. Do we "set them up?" I'm in the weeds here, folks, in case you could tell that on your own.

His focus for the rest of the day, instead of being on the person he was suspicious of but couldn't successfully block, is on Daniel's role claim and Alex's vanilla claim.

On 4/12/2020 at 6:41 PM, Fred Dumont said:

As others have mentioned, we should consider the possibility of Mr. Howe being a vigilante. 

Eh? :pir_wacko: 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Peter Lyon said:

I still think Fred's among the scummiest right now. 

Fred is suspicious of Peter for being quiet, tried to block him and was unsuccessful, and now Peter is calling him Scum. Does Fred mention Peter? And While Peter says this, he votes for Joshua in the next paragraph. So, no mention of Peter and no response to Peter calling him Scummy. 

This could all be overthink, this could all be me thinking I'd play it different and Fred just plays totally different than me. But also, if I was a Townie and I found Peter suspicious and I tried to block Peter and was unsuccessful and then Peter continued calling me Scummy the following day, I think I'd say a thing or two about Peter. Fred has known who is going to be blocked since Night Three, the first night we didn't see the Scum kill. We haven't seen them kill since and he's known the block targets ever since. 

I don't know, kids. :pir-look: Fred's looking kind of Scummy to me. Sorry, Fred, if I'm wrong like I was with Justin and Fabien. I'm looking as hard as I can at everything. I win no matter which side wins if I'm not lynched. Still, if I win with the Scum at this point, I won't feel like a winner since I was never able to catch any... But, right now, I think Peter and Fred could be working together. But Fred is looking Scummier than I previously thought. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwom*

6 hours ago, Fred Dumont said:

Keep in mind Mr. Ware suggested no lynch. Someone earlier has stated a no lynch might cause the scum to win the game.

What idiot said that and when? Are they still alive? Given that only our first lynch was right (low hanging fruit and all), "Hey guys, you better keep lynching or we'll lose" is a particularly scummy concept to pull out of nowhere.

If we lynch Aiden. There are two ways it could go. He's either scum - woohoo! Or he self targets and saves himself. Good in the sense we know we haven't lost a town. But bad because it gives the scum an extra night to potentially make a kill. I see more good coming out of this lynch than bad. Vote: Aiden Leon