TLCB

[Contest] TLCB B-Model Competition! (WIN an SBrick!)

You’re stuck inside, we’re stuck inside

Build us a B-Model to win an AWESOME prize!

Whilst we’re all stuck inside we want to see what you can build with your LEGO pieces locked-down, whilst in lock-down! That means creating a new vehicle from only the pieces found within an existing official LEGO set.

There are some incredible prizes on offer from the awesome guys at SBrick, the leading remote control solution in the building toy market, allowing you to control your models remotely using a smart device like a phone, tablet, gamepad, or even Chromebook, MAC or PC!

The Rules

• Build us a B-Model from only the pieces found within a single official LEGO set. The set can be from any era or theme, including Technic, Creator, Town, Space, Pirates… everything except Galidor. You may also choose to use the pieces from two official LEGO sets if the RRP of each set was below $25. 
  • Photograph and upload your B-Model to Flickr, MOCpages, Brickshelf, or Eurobricks between May 1st and June 30th 2020.
  • You must include the words ‘TLCB Lock-Down Competition’ or a link to this page somewhere in the creation’s title or description, so that we know you’re entering it.
  • You don’t actually have to be in Lock-Down to enter, although do please abide by whatever the COVID-19 advice is in your country of residence.

How to Enter

If you upload your B-Model to one of the free-to-use creation-sharing sites above with ‘TLCB Lock-Down Competition’ in the title or description our Elves will find it. You can also contact us in the usual ways or post a message on our Facebook page with a link to your creation if you want to make sure we’ve seen it!

You may enter as many creations as you like and the winners will be chosen based upon the designs that best meet our usual Submission Guidelines and our completely subjective opinions on what we think is cool.

Prizes!

Winner: SBrick Pro Pack;

Includes SBrick Plus, Wire, 2x Lights, Servo, L-motor, Battery Pack, & colourful cases

Runner-up: SBrick Starter Pack;

Includes SBrick Plus, Wire, & colourful cases

screenshot-2020-04-30-at-16.40.54.png?w=

Legal Stuff

• TLCB Lock-Down B-Model Competition runs from May 1st to June 30th 2020 GMT, and no late entries will be considered.
  • All entries must be your own work and be built and photographed during the eight-week competition.
  • If you’re under the age of 18 you must get parental permission before entering the competition, as winners will need to provide TLCB and SBrick with their contact details.
  • TLCB and SBrick are not responsible for any additional tariffs, taxes, customs, bus tokens, or traffic tickets your country may impose on you when claiming your prizes.

Good luck to all our readers, and don’t forget you can join the discussion, ask questions, submit complaints etc. via the comments here at TLCB or via our Facebook page. You can find TLCB’s Facebook page here, SBrick’s Facebook page here, and you can read our 5-star review of the awesome SBrick bluetooth brick by clicking here.

Stay Safe, and Happy B-Model Building!

Edited by TLCB
title amendment

I have to enter this contest. Building B-models is my favorite LEGO activity.

I suppose it's about C-Models, not B-Models (official alternate models made by TLG), isn't it? Despite that the most models of 2020 year have no B-Models, the AFOLs official name for custom-made alternates is still C-Model.

By the way, it was interesting to hear that SBrick is still alive (saw the last time only several years ago), congrats!

22 hours ago, Void_S said:

I suppose it's about C-Models, not B-Models (official alternate models made by TLG), isn't it? Despite that the most models of 2020 year have no B-Models, the AFOLs official name for custom-made alternates is still C-Model.

By the way, it was interesting to hear that SBrick is still alive (saw the last time only several years ago), congrats!

True, but the 'B, C or D Model Competition' wasn't quite as catchy! C-Models, where B-Models exist already, count too : )

TLCB Team

I'm also stuck in but that doesn't mean I have more time to hobby.
I envy you guys who can afford to join contests and I'm sorry that I can't join the most prolific Eurobricks contest  ever. And not this B model contest either... 

Build a B-Model - Win an SBrick!

We're nearly half way, with some awesome entries blogged so far!

If you'd like to add your B-Model into the mix to be in with a chance of winning an SBrick Pro Pack you have until the end of June!

Add your B-Model to the Eurobricks forum with 'TLCB B-Model Lockdown Competition' somewhere in the description and we'll find it! 

TLCB LOCK-DOWN B-MODEL COMPETITION | WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT!

screenshot-2020-04-30-at-16.12.31.png?w=

Winners Announcement!

After two months of brilliant B-Model building, forty of your amazing alternates have made the competition shortlist and appeared here at The Lego Car Blog!

Many entrants also saw their work featured here for the first time too, so an extra congratulations to those of you who debuted at TLCB with your contest entry. Our Elves now know who you are (which is far less scary than it sounds), and will be watching your builds with interest!

Judging the forty creations that made the shortlist was incredibly tough, with some genuinely stunning models created only from the parts found within an official LEGO set. Ford Mustangs were turned into AC Cobras and Citroen DS19s, LMP1 racers into Formula 1 cars and Dodge Chargers into LMP1 racers, there were trucks of all kinds; including tow trucks, roll-off trucks, hook-lift trucks, and even Bugatti trucks, Fiat 500’s became aircraft, and so much more besides.

Well done to all our shortlisted entrants, we hope you had fun building your B-Models, and we may be back with another competition at some point with more chances to win some awesome loot!

Winner: SBrick Pro Pack; James Tillson (Ferrari Enzo)

Includes SBrick Plus, Wire, 2x Lights, Servo, L-motor, Battery Pack, & colourful cases

50057794323_3b1a60ec27.jpg?w=580

Runner-up: SBrick Starter Pack; mpj (JCB Telehandler)

Includes SBrick Plus, Wire, & colourful cases

img_1264.jpg?w=500&h=333

There were no less than six creations that fought it out at the top, with ridiculously close scores making for ‘heated considerations’ here at TLCB Towers.

Well done to our Winner and Runner-Up, we’ll be in touch soon to obtain your delivery details which will passed to our wonderful competition sponsor SBrick, and if you’d like to learn more about the 5-star rated prize bundle that our winners have won take a look at our review of the SBrick programmable bluetooth brick by clicking here – it’s one of the coolest things ever to enter the Lego-building arena.

Thank you to all our entrants, and stay safe if lock-down continues where you are.

TLCB Team

screenshot-2020-04-30-at-16.40.54.png?w=

Wow. This is the first Lego competition I have won. Considering the quality of the entries I am genuinely shocked and honored. Thank you TLCB.