Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[MOC] "Caribbean Post Office" by Piglet

"Caribbean Post Office" by @Piglet

I don't think Piglet visits Eurobricks anymore so I'm posting this on this behalf via Flirckr.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

According to Piglet:

Port Brickale wharf with a post office. This is where all correspondence from the area is collected and later sent by ship to destination ports. But sometimes you need to send to London some more significant pirates to have a trial there. One such shipment is Captain Roger, who is waiting for his journey in jail.

But maybe he will not have to leave the Caribbean, because a pirate raid is currently ongoing under the leadership of his friend - Calico Jack, assisted by Anne Bonny and Mary Read.

Not everyone has noticed the attack yet and for now, everyday life goes on unchanged - porters deliver mail sacks, customers are bringing their letters, traffic flows.

image.jpeg

Wow, I really like this one! The water, the building, the little scene to get Rogers out of jail.. You got to get some more guards in there if you want to hold a valuable prisoner like that! :pir-grin: 

Oh, yeah! The little details make this one really come to life.

I'd love if LEGO had pirate themed modulars. Not necessarily whole scenes ($$$), but bits that would cost less and that you could assemble in different ways.

I like all the construction techniques - especially the roofs and the details on the tower!

The man with the wooden leg on the jetty was also successful.
I haven't put a Lego figure sit down this way either.

A nice little building with many lovely details! :pir-classic:

This one has so much story inside! The building style all over looks fantastic, I think It could be part of a bigger harbour with Convento Cappuchinos in front:

Even the story could fit together like: The marraige invitations (or even the loveletter) got stolen by pirates in the post office and then the couple struggle to get married at the convent...