Duq

Trains forum banner

@Duq great work!

So people are still using Brickshelf :tongue:

Your pictures aren't public yet. May I recommend switching to Bricksafe :wink: 
(or simply mail me the images)

Sent you the deep links to the images.

Yes, sometimes I still use Brickshelf. In this case it just gave me easier URLs to play with. Never touched Bricksafe, I normally use Flickr for my photos.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

@Duq great work!

So people are still using Brickshelf :tongue:

Your pictures aren't public yet. May I recommend switching to Bricksafe :wink: 
(or simply mail me the images)

In the process of updating the banner, could you also update the color scheme of the page to match the banner, e.g., replacing the teal-blues with something closer to the dark green of the EN?

On 5/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, Duq said:

Ok, this took a little longer than I thought but... here it is:

49877478883_ea647eaf15_c.jpg

Eurobricks Trains Banner Mockup by Duq, on Flickr

In the process I also cleaned up and fixed the LDraw file for Emerald Night I found elsewhere on Eurobricks. (Will post updated files there later).

So @Jim, please go ahead and work your magic with the logo. From what I can see there's supposed to be an image with the logo on top of the banner image but that's not used - at the moment it's a 5x5 pixel transparent image.

The two images are on Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6650970

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6650971

That’s really nice as a banner for this forum, plus it’s unbiased (simply a set rather than a particular person’s MOC). The Emerald Night is presented on the box at night, and I’m assuming is a nighttime express, so would a night sky be better?  Anyway, awesome job, looking forward to seeing this in use in the near future.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Can't wait to see it up on the site now.

@Duq Your banner gets my stamp of approval for sure. You did a very nice job!

Would be nice, but I have another question to it. Currently in the header the letters of the menu (with the link to your profile and messages) has a white color. Would it be an option to change that banner so it has a contrast color to the white letters, because it is unreadable (at least for me).

Can't be done in the banner image because those links aren't always in the same place (depends on the width of your screen).

@Jim since various other parts the CSS can be customised for individual forums I assume the links can be changed too? You could either make the text dark or give the ul with id="elUserNav" a background color.

Has the banner been changed yet?  Wondering if I have to change any settings or if it will change automatically?

@aawsum While we wait for the banner you can use Tampermonkey to make your profile links visible. Install Tampermonkey extension for the browser you use, then add this simple script:

(works only on the topic list)

// ==UserScript==
// @name         New Userscript
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/122-lego-train-tech/
// @grant        none
// @require http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.5.1.min.js
// ==/UserScript==
	(function() {
    'use strict';
$('#elUserNav').css({backgroundColor: 'navy'});
    // Your code here...
})()
;

Don’t want to sound impatient but I thought that this would be quite a quick process - when will it be up?

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Don’t want to sound impatient but I thought that this would be quite a quick process - when will it be up?

I need to do some work before this can go up. And I have some other things on my plate at the moment.

It's on my list though :wink:

I am doing some EB stuff tonight. Maybe this will fit in.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I need to do some work before this can go up. And I have some other things on my plate at the moment.

It's on my list though :wink:

I am doing some EB stuff tonight. Maybe this will fit in.

Nice!  Looking forward to it!  And when actually thinking about it, I can understand that you may have a lot on your plate in this situation and a banner on a trains forum on Eurobricks isn’t your top priority :laugh:!

I have updated the banner. I noticed that you were using the City theme, which I am not too happy about. The themes you mentioned in the first post were created by me and I have adjusted the theme to match the banner. 

In this case I am not too happy with the theme itself. When I have a bit more time I will try make the entire theme better and adjust the colors to match the banner. In the meantime....you do have a train in the banner :laugh:

I will try to make a theme with green, brown and tan/beige, so it will match the train.

Sample.png

Nice work @Jim and @Duq!  Been wanting this for years - was just waiting for another person to post the question...

Anyway, this is awesome - and now I’m wondering what’s gonna happen with your future improvements @Jim.  Looking forward to it!

Thanks @Jim, nice job! The slightly darker sky works well and the logo fits nicely.

15 minutes ago, Duq said:

Thanks @Jim, nice job! The slightly darker sky works well and the logo fits nicely.

I try to match the colors, so I matched the sky with the theme color. But that might be changed when we redo the theme a bit.

Consider this version 1.0, or the beta :wink: 

Not too happy with the green in the logo. That doesn't match with the theme. But that will be improved too.

Let me know if you'd like me to re-render with a different background colour (nit-picking: it would make the colour behind the windows a little darker ;- )

I Sang this song out loud when I saw the new banner.

For the first time in forever we have a new theme. 

Now we run our trains and gleem.

Our Creations and Mocs look nice and clean, we get to break away from the pains of the easter bunnys

and the strange city theme

Now we have our own theme

For the first time in forever

Bye Bye EveryBody,

Coal Fired

Just finished up some Sculen Disk drivers and finalised the R88 will post pics soon.