Duq

Trains forum banner

Gentlemen,

tipping hat, slight nod.

Wonderful.

Regards,
Thorsten

5 hours ago, cptkent said:

That looks cool. Well done to everybody involved.

I couldn't have said it better! Very well done! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Duq said:

Let me know if you'd like me to re-render with a different background colour (nit-picking: it would make the colour behind the windows a little darker ;- )

Good point. I missed that. I'm a pixel-pusher so I know how you feel.

Let's wait till we have the final theme colors (next week or so).

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Good point. I missed that. I'm a pixel-pusher so I know how you feel.

Let's wait till we have the final theme colors (next week or so).

The new banner is a billion times better! When you update to version 1.1 would it be possible to move the text off of the locomotive? Perhaps by incorporating the first 1-2 passenger cars in the first art and move the text to there?

5 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

The new banner is a billion times better! When you update to version 1.1 would it be possible to move the text off of the locomotive? Perhaps by incorporating the first 1-2 passenger cars in the first art and move the text to there?

I wasn't too happy with it either. I will see what I can do. 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I wasn't too happy with it either. I will see what I can do. 

I don't mind the text on the loco too much to be honest. I'm not sure moving it to the first carriage will look any better.

You could push the engine to the right and cram all the text on the left. You could scale the train down a few percent and have all the text above it?

I have thought about scaling down the text, but I do like some uniformity in banners across Eurobricks. If we don't care about that, we can also write Eurobricks on the engine in yellow :sweet:

And maybe it's good the way it is now. Simply change the theme colors a bit to reduce the different number of colors. I will give it a go this weekend or so.

11 hours ago, Duq said:

I don't mind the text on the loco too much to be honest. I'm not sure moving it to the first carriage will look any better.

Same here! Actually in contrast: I like the text as is very much as it adds (for me) some "dynamics".

With regard to color schemes: My, you guys are professionals. I am in the professional league of color blinds (yes: center forward!). To me it looks really nice as it is:pir-love:

(And yes, I do have such a T-Shirt: https://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/megabluck-the-colorblind/. And no I don't see anything other than bubbles within bubbles of weird indifferent colors)

Again: Very nice job, @Duq and @Jim!

Best regards,
Thorsten

LoL, you made my day :laugh:

Well, let's keep the text as it is and shuffle the colors a bit. For those who are able to distinguish them :tongue:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

LoL, you made my day :laugh:

Well, let's keep the text as it is and shuffle the colors a bit. For those who are able to distinguish them :tongue:

I think it is already a very nice job, great improvement to Train Tech!

The improvement is appreciated. Thanks for working the banner issue and making this section of the forum a little more like home.

no matter what you think of with version 1.x but I really like this new banner, now I know I am in the train section