Arie

[MOC] New Holland Tractor with Front Loader

Hi Everyone! 

Edit: Tractor is now finished, instructions are on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-97159/Arjo/rc-new-holland-tractor-with-front-loader/

800x600.jpg

Original post:

My first post on this forum about my first (serious attempt at a) MOC: A New Holland Tractor with Front Loader. For a large part it is inspired by the TM140 by Eric Trax & M_Longer, from which I 'stole' the tire choices, and the design of the rear interfaces, such that attachments are compatible. It uses however a lot of system parts that I don't have :sad: and I really wanted a frontloader for playability.

This is the result so far:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

And this is what it would look like if I had all the parts in the right color already :wink:

800x600.jpg

The model has 6 motorized functions, controlled by 1 Buwizz and 1 PF receiver:

• Driving (L-motor)
  • Steering (Servo motor)
  • Lifting bucket (M-motor)
  • Dumping bucket (M-motor)
  • PTO (M-motor) (with clutch gear)
  • Three-point hitch lifting (with clutch gear)

Other functions:

• Pendular front axle
  • Foldable front tow hitch
  • Openable doors

Next steps are to try to replace some parts that I accidentally added because I only checked if they exist in other colors and not their price. :blush:. Then, order all the parts in the right color and build a proper model!

Why this topic? I would really like to know what you guys think and appreciate some feedback :)

Arie

Edited by Arie
Removed WIP, added link and picture of final moc

Very nice build :-)

7 hours ago, Arie said:

ext steps are to try to replace some parts that I accidentally added because I only checked if they exist in other colors and not their price. :blush:.

I feel you :laugh:

1 hour ago, paul_delahaye said:

Come on LEGO, you owe us a smaller CLAAS tyre with the same tread pattern!

Ideally to fit 43.2 mm D x 26 mm. We definetely need more agricultural machinery in Lego.

23 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Ideally to fit 43.2 mm D x 26 mm. We definetely need more agricultural machinery in Lego.

I was hoping for that when in 2016 it was announced that LEGO and Claas made an agreement...yes we defenetly need 81.6 and 94.8 tractor tires, but we will see...

BTW very nice MOC @Arie. Somehow it looks like tires are to wide for scale.

2 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

That would be really great... Those balloons just look wrong. I saw some pictures of Eric Trax / M_Longer model with 3rd party tires and it looked so much better!

40 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I was hoping for that when in 2016 it was announced that LEGO and Claas made an agreement...yes we defenetly need 81.6 and 94.8 tractor tires, but we will see...

BTW very nice MOC @Arie. Somehow it looks like tires are to wide for scale.

Thanks! Do you mean the front or rear tires? The front definitely are way to wide, the rear is quite OK I think:

new-holland-tm-140.jpg

2 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

Especially since we now have a smaller Unimog tyre. :sweet:

Nice job @Arie! This thing's gonna look great with the right colours. :thumbup:

@Arie the front defenetly, and the rear? It is question of scale; most tractors are 2550mm wide (exceptions are JCB Fastrac 4000 series with 710/60R30 tires and JCB Fastrac 8000 with 650/65R34 and 900/50R42 tires - they are 2750mm wide)

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

@Arie the front defenetly, and the rear? It is question of scale; most tractors are 2550mm wide (exceptions are JCB Fastrac 4000 series with 710/60R30 tires and JCB Fastrac 8000 with 650/65R34 and 900/50R42 tires - they are 2750mm wide)

Hmm you're right, in that case the track width is about two studs too wide. I only have a blueprint with a sideview... A well, that is something for the next model. Lesson for next time, get the wheels in the right place :blush:. And for now, let's just say that the wider track makes it look more bad-megablocks :pir-classic:

I also just finished a render of the rear view, can't wait till it actually looks like this :wub:

800x600.jpg

Biggest part / color selection mistakes so far: (price-wise)

• Black axles #7 --> OUCH
  • Blue 1x4 thin liftarms
  • Blue 5x11 Panel
  • LBG Non friction Axle-pins (I have a lot of old Light Grays, and they looked much better than the new tans, but obviously LBG wasn't the right 'compromise')
  • Black, DBG & Blue perpendicular Pin connectors 2x2 bent (44809)
  • Blue technic brick 1x2 with holes
  • Black Axle towball
  • White axle #3 & White technic pin 1/2 --> Those just didn't have the right color assigned yet

Looks like 90% of this is fixable, and for a few parts I'm just gonna have to pay the couple of euro's per single part price...

Finally found the time to fix all the expensive parts! Replaced everything on the list above, and a bit more. Sometimes it was just changing colors, but the roof and the side tanks had to be rebuilt.

Here's the result, spot the differences :classic:.

800x600.jpg

Not quite happy with the look of the roof compared to the previous version, but those blue 5x11 panels are really to expensive... And I don't have the container truck that has them. 

Anyway, it took a bit longer because I had to built my birthday present in between - thanks to my lovely wife!

800x600.jpg

All the bricklink orders are finally out (ouch, that still hurt my wallet...) for the parts in the right colors, so now the waiting game begins again.

It has taken more than a month, but all of the orders have arrived, and I've found the time to rebuild it!

This is what it looked like last night when I should have gone to bed:

800x600.jpg

And this is what it looked like when I actually went to sleep

800x600.jpg

Next up is to take some better pictures, maybe a short video with the functions and start building some attachments

Now it looks much better :thumbup: but as I'm come complicated mocer there are two things that I do not like ( it is not your fault that TLC does not produce those parts); front balloon tires and light bluish gray rims instead of white...

Regards

I'm loving the recent tractor action on here!! They are my favourite and what i usually build... I know its controversial, but i think there's a special challange with tractors. Cars are 1:8 scale, big with loads of room to fit basic suspension and a gearbox in. Tractors are 1:18/1:20 ish.. and need 4wd with a clutch, diff locks, front and rear 3 point, pneumatics, steering. A much more considerable technical challenge if we're all honest!!

Great MOC by the way! Keep the tractor faith!

Edited by TeamThrifty

35 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

I'm loving the recent tractor action on here!! They are my favourite and what i usually build...Tractors are 1:18/1:20 ish.. and need 4wd with a clutch, diff locks, front and rear 3 point, pneumatics, steering. A much more considerable technical challenge if we're all honest!!

So I'm out of the game because my models are 1:15 :grin:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Now it looks much better :thumbup: but as I'm come complicated mocer there are two things that I do not like ( it is not your fault that TLC does not produce those parts); front balloon tires and light bluish gray rims instead of white...

Regards

Thanks! Yes we should definitely get better front tractor tires. That bothers me more than the rim colors I think...

44 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

I'm loving the recent tractor action on here!! They are my favourite and what i usually build... I know its controversial, but i think there's a special challange with tractors. Cars are 1:8 scale, big with loads of room to fit basic suspension and a gearbox in. Tractors are 1:18/1:20 ish.. and need 4wd with a clutch, diff locks, front and rear 3 point, pneumatics, steering. A much more considerable technical challenge if we're all honest!!

Thanks! I agree, that's why I haven't bought one of the super cars yet. Although for me it was already a big challenge to fit six motors - I would have no clue how to add four wheel drive, front 3 pt and PTO and diff locks in the same space, let alone pneumatics for attachments...:wacko:

Anyway my next project is about halfway the 'design' phase (building with whatever color is available), it's not a tractor or attachment but I think it will look cool together with this one. Its in yellow / dbg l black because I have to find some use for all those BWE pieces:wink:

53 minutes ago, Arie said:

Thanks! Yes we should definitely get better front tractor tires. That bothers me more than the rim colors I think...

That is why I plan to to make systems tractors (they have mostly equal tire sizes on all axles)

Looks good, looking forward for video demo! :thumbup:

This looks great. I love how it turned out with the blue, and the front loader is well integrated with the hood and front wheels. Great job.

Yeah, we don't have many good colors for those 43mm rims. The fact that they came in yellow is the only reason my tractor was modeled after a Deere.

Again, great job.

26 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

This looks great. I love how it turned out with the blue, and the front loader is well integrated with the hood and front wheels. Great job.

Yeah, we don't have many good colors for those 43mm rims. The fact that they came in yellow is the only reason my tractor was modeled after a Deere.

Again, great job.

There is white...

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=41896&colorID=1&in=A

1 hour ago, Arie said:

(3rd party tyres! Shhhh not everyone is a fan!!!:roflmao:

52 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

equal tire sizes

Case IH Steiger... On big 3rd party tyres!!! Thats my next project. Got some 150mm tyres. 8 of them so its on duals!!! It will be big thats for sure!!

32 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

(3rd party tyres! Shhhh not everyone is a fan!!!:roflmao:

Case IH Steiger... On big 3rd party tyres!!! Thats my next project. Got some 150mm tyres. 8 of them so its on duals!!! It will be big thats for sure!!

Well I made quadtrac years ago...but only manual version...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=365319

On 6/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, Arie said:

800x600.jpg

Next up is to take some better pictures, maybe a short video with the functions and start building some attachments

Very nice. Verrryyyy nice indeed! Well done! 

I still owed everyone in this thread a video! I just made one for my new MOC (Morooka tracked Dumper) and the tractor also stars in the video :) Although it had some trouble connecting to the buwizz which is why nothing happens in the beginning... :)

Now put the 81 tractor tires on the front and I am completely sold :D

Great work!

46 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Now put the 81 tractor tires on the front and I am completely sold :D

Yes that was still on my list! I ordered the Zetros but haven't build it yet - so I just opened the box to quickly put them on, and man they look so much better!

800x600.jpg