Harkonen

Ninjago villains and future

What about something like what happened to Djinnjago. Some villain is going to destroy Ninjago's sister realm?

Something that I'd love to see LEGO do would be to use Ninjago to bring back one or two classic villains. Having a season's antagonist be someone like Ogel would be great.

15 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Something that I'd love to see LEGO do would be to use Ninjago to bring back one or two classic villains. Having a season's antagonist be someone like Ogel would be great.

Maybe Ninjago on the Moon , since there's a Dr. Ogel in the 2019 City "Lunar" Space Station already .

Might not be the same Ogel as Alpha Team but a Ninjago Moon Base could be great.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/25/2020 at 9:10 PM, UberCorp said:

It’s not unprecedented, I mean we’ve had a hero from galaxy squad appear as a hero of ultra agents, power miners to Atlantis, and the ghost of an adventurers character under control of the villain for hidden side, plus clutch powers has become a recurring character for ninjago. It could happen.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What about a crossover?

Maybe a Ninjago/Ninja Turtles theme

LEGO won't do cross overs between licensed and original themes unless they are part of something like Dimensions or the LEGO Movies.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

LEGO won't do cross overs between licensed and original themes unless they are part of something like Dimensions or the LEGO Movies.

I think @Robert8 might mean aesthetically speaking, not sure how it would really work though.

Maybe mutants as a villain type? Specifically animal mutants with figures a la Chima? Or maybe alien robots (the Kraang), or even - like others have mentioned - a rival Ninja clan, like the Foot.

But as a straight crossover, it's never gonna happen, TMNT is at Mega anyways.

Ninjago could use more original monsters as villains though, that is villains that are monstrous without adhering to any common fantasy/folklore archetype (like no Ghosts/Zombies/Goblins/etc.). Aliens are a bit of a stretch, but maybe they could find a way to work that into play, given the alternate realms, especially if they're more "grounded" like the Greys/Reptillian types unlike previous Lego E.T.s

I meant literally.... A crossover Ninjago/TMNT

Ninjago is a well established brand at this point, and the TMNT are known for having crossovers with everyone: Archie comics, Ghostbusters,Power Rangers, Sonic, } Batman, etc

Maybe some sort of arc when they all team up to fight a common threat? 

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

I meant literally.... A crossover Ninjago/TMNT

Ninjago is a well established brand at this point, and the TMNT are known for having crossovers with everyone: Archie comics, Ghostbusters,Power Rangers, Sonic, } Batman, etc

Maybe some sort of arc when they all team up to fight a common thread? 

Again, TMNT is a Mega license last I checked, so it's not gonna happen.

How many of the 16 realms have we seen? I feel some of the remaining ones can have villains from them.

Nadakhan Garmadon and the Time Twins can all return as villains. But with the soft reboot. Nadakhan and the Time Twins might not.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:56 PM, Robert8 said:

What about a crossover?

I could imagine that when Monkie Kid's popularity dies off, whatever sets that Lego have planned at that time could appear in a crossover story with Ninjago as a way to still sell those sets under the Ninjago banner, assuming that Ninjago is still popular enough. I'd like to see Monkie Kid's crew finding themselves in the Ninjago cartoon talking about how weird they look in the Ninjago dimension, since they'd look like minifigs in the show like the Ninja do.

As for crossover villains from earlier themes, the red and black wizard Mallock from the original Clutch Powers movie would be cool. So would the villains from Ultra Agents since they each represent natural disasters/pollution, they would complement the Ninja's elemental powers well.

The Rock and Lava Monsters from Power Miners would be cool villains too. As would the Borg-like Vampire Tech Infection Army from Nexo Knights, I don't think the Ninja have fought vampires before. Even just an episode where the Ninja end up in Knightonia just to give an official conclusion to the Nexo Knight's storyline, since the conclusion in the comic felt a bit rushed.

Also, I think it'd be hilarious if Dareth got sick of being comic relief and tried to prove himself/take revenge by becoming a big bad, or being manipulated by a real big bad.

Imagine the Brown Ninja Mech or the Brown Ninja Dragon  :laugh:

I found a reddit post which is about future ninjago villains and I got a chuckle when I saw the crystal king army :laugh:

Here it is

With CN apparently dropping the series and Michael Knapp leaving the theme, I think it's fair to assume that Ninjago's days are numbered. My money's on like two more seasons, maybe another comic book, and a final Legacy Wave. 

20 minutes ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

With CN apparently dropping the series and Michael Knapp leaving the theme, I think it's fair to assume that Ninjago's days are numbered. My money's on like two more seasons, maybe another comic book, and a final Legacy Wave. 

But the theme sells

5 hours ago, Mr No said:

But the theme sells

Exactly, at this point Ninjago is going to be around until it stops selling well, and from what I can tell it seems to still be pretty popular for now. Even if some parts of the series get dropped (such as the show), at the very least the sets will probably continue being made for the foreseeable future.

6 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Exactly, at this point Ninjago is going to be around until it stops selling well, and from what I can tell it seems to still be pretty popular for now. Even if some parts of the series get dropped (such as the show), at the very least the sets will probably continue being made for the foreseeable future.

I think they will just reboot the show and move it to another channel or streaming service. The core sets seem to sell well and they do not have any media going at the moment. 

Ninjago reduced from all the lore and everything is a concept. A very flexible concept at that. You could also keep it running with less ressources and without a TV show for eternity. Like if you were to bring out another Bounty in some years, it could still be different enough, a great ship build and so on...

I think there are already signs, as the TV show itself has been reduced in it's complexity and detail. To some extend this would be normal and I'd argue the amount of detail and thought that was put in until season 9 was insane for, what was originaly a "Ninja-Mecha-Racer-toy commercial". But seeing how much they've reduced it you gotta ask for example: how can they keep the team of actors, actresses and other coworkers aboard? It's also not like there's any replacement show to keep those folks busy.

This is just my observation and there was some insider in this forum stating the show (in it's current or past form) won't go anywhere, so let's see.

But in any case: ninjago is a safe bet, even without any of the fancy stuff while a new theme is always a risk. Retailers might have bad experience with other themes who's old sets are still sitting on their shelves.

A few ideas for seasons

outlands: the main setting would be a desert, where everything is post apocalyptic, mad max style, the villains could be anyone, but I personally think snakes would be a good idea, plot would be that the villains are expanding their empire, and ninjago city just happens to be in their way, would be a team season

starbound: someone from the main team gets abducted by aliens, so the ninja must venture out into the stars, focus ninja would be Jay, main villains would be an alien faction (looking similar to the aliens from galaxy squad) there would also be an episode where the ninja get imprisoned by Blacktron, main ninja vehicle would be the Astro bounty

skyward kingdom: the ninja are invited to a mythical kingdom in the sky (it’s literally floating in the air) where they meet the thunder king, the ninja however, find out that the thunder king isn’t what he seems, and the accommodations are a facade for his quest to find the storm helmet, the king turns out to be jay’s long lost brother, Jay would be the focus (again)