-2013:Stone warriors 

-2014:Nindroids 

-2015:Anacondrai cultists and ghosts

-2016:Sky pirates and all old villains

-2017:Vermilion snakes and Shark army 

-2018:Sons of Garmadon and dragon hunters

-2019:Fire snakes and Ice samurai

-2020:Videogame villains and fantasy villains

So, what's next for Ninjago in terms of villains? We've seen that snakes are pretty popular and the 2020 summer villains are a departure from what we've had before. What would you like in terms of bad guys? 

I would like:

-aliens

-vampires

-sea monster pirates(something like PotC Davy Jones crew,ninjas going underwater could be fun) 

-yokai

-kaiju

Edited by Harkonen

51 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

I would like:

-aliens

-vampires

-sea monster pirates(something like PotC Davy Jones crew,ninjas going underwater could be fun) 

Sorry but no, no and no.

The theme really needs to stick closer to its origin setting, otherwise what’s the point of it being Ninjago at all? 

Look at NK and the disastrous “vampires”, there’s a warning right there...

Just now, Lucarex said:

Sorry but no, no and no.

The theme really needs to stick closer to its origin setting, otherwise what’s the point of it being Ninjago at all? 

Look at NK and the disastrous “vampires”, there’s a warning right there...

I think it already lost that origin with the summer sets. And if Monkie Kid will release worldwide then there is even more reason to do what I said. What other villains do you suggest for them to fight before it gets stale. More snake? 

Ooh, kaiju would be awesome! Though it would mean few or no minifig baddies, mostly builds as monsters.

Also, you forgot the oni. Literal demons. Sure never expected that from LEGO.

Honestly, I’d want to see an opposing faction of ninja. Like ‘anti-ninjas’. I know we sort of had that with the Nindroids, but I’d picture a specific team of antagonists, each of which is named and opposes one of the ninja. The only time we’ve had anything like that was the Sky Pirates; sure there were disposable mooks, but there was a ‘core crew’ of Nadakhan, Flintlocke, Doubloon, Dogshank, Clancee and Monkey Wretch who all had distinct personalities and interesting dynamics with one another that impacted the plot in meaningful ways. (Y’now, until they decided “None of this ever happened!” which IMO was the worst plot point in Ninjago history.) 

There have been other occasions with amusing villain interactions - Krux and Acronix come to mind, as do Aspheera and Char. Same with The S.O.G. too, sort of, but Killow and Ultra Violet actually had shockingly few lines. 

But, during Skybound, watching the crew of Misfortune’s Keep . . I could almost believe that the Sky Pirates were heroes in their own right. Like, if the story was told from another angle, the Pirates could be the protagonists. I want to see something similar to that in future. Ninjago Underground (S13 - the tag ‘Underground’ was mentioned somewhere, I forget where, but I like it to describe this new wave) has been great so far, but there’s a shocking absence of named villains which is really disappointing. 

Assuming there is an S14 (highly likely IMO) I want more named villains.

Just now, Harkonen said:

I think it already lost that origin with the summer sets. And if Monkie Kid will release worldwide then there is even more reason to do what I said. What other villains do you suggest for them to fight before it gets stale. More snake? 

Please, no. No more snakes. Please. 

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Assuming there is an S14 (highly likely IMO) I want more named villains.

I think Ninjago will go on for many years to come. It's still top selling theme. I wonder what's next year because it will mark 10 years since the theme released. 

3 hours ago, Harkonen said:

It's still top selling theme.

Correction: It used to be a top selling theme. The LEGO Group financial results for 2019 didn't have any mention of Ninjago whatsoever. 

At this rate, Ninjago will have a bigger rogue gallery than Spiderman and Batman. 

I dont watch the TV show so I dont know if they have ever addressed this. Like... have they asked themselves why is everyone trying to kill them?

As for new villains. Yokai will be interesting for sure. 

Also a take on the tokusatsu genre with giant monsters similar to Godzilla and such

Finally I'd love to see an all-female villain team. Like some sort of... "gothpunk amazons", if that make sense

9 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Correction: It used to be a top selling theme. The LEGO Group financial results for 2019 didn't have any mention of Ninjago whatsoever. 

The wave before the video game one was really subpar

I think this theme is going to continue to find a new and exciting direction to take with whatever villains they make.  I hope they make new villains every year.  Aliens would be a nice change in pace and lego loves making spaceships, it could be an interesting realm the ninja discover.  Or maybe they could do a tie in with another culture like the Aztecs or Aborigines.  Or maybe an influence with persian culture would be interesting.   They could also do something underwater with a main story focused on Nya coming up with original villains like Electrified Eels or giant squid like minifigs.  

Sea-monster-type or other aquatic villains seem to me to be the largest gap among the potential villains the theme hasn't done yet. This would also give an opportunity to create a wacky hybrid of a diving suit and a ninja costume to stand out among the other costume variants. After that, maybe a space subtheme.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

At this rate, Ninjago will have a bigger rogue gallery than Spiderman and Batman. 

I dont watch the TV show so I dont know if they have ever addressed this. Like... have they asked themselves why is everyone trying to kill them?

Not directly, but about half of it seems to boil down to ‘Wu made a lot of enemies when he was young’.

Seriously; Garmadon, Chen, Morro, the Time Twins, Aspheera . . they all fight the ninja because they have grudges against Wu.

A few of the others are just people being pricks and the ninjas having hero complexes; Pythor (though in fairness he was trying to end the world), Nadakhan (though admittedly in the early episodes of Skybound he basically attacked the ninja because it was funny) Harumi was obsessed with Garmadon, Iron Baron got wrecked almost by accident on the ninjas’ part Vex was just a douche who got between them and Zane. 

Oh, and let’s not forget the Overlord, the Preeminent and the Omega, primordial forces of evil who are too cool to have names, only titles. 

(Can Legacy please give us a physical Preeminent? I want her so much!)

Hello everyone (I'm new here so I present myself if it's needed). Now, for ideas of new villains I would like say something before: from season 11 to this new season 13, the series its divided by chapters. We have the fire chapter (a Kai centered season), the ice chapter (Zane centered season), the lightning chapter (Prime Empire/Jay centered season) and now we will have MoM (season 13/Cole centered season) so to me it makes sense that we will have a Water and Energy seasons (Nya and Lloyd, respectively). So I think the next will be cool:

Water chapter: A season underwater. The villains could be another tribe of sea serpentine (eels) or fishmen (like in Atlantis theme). The side character (as Akita or Scott) could be a mermaid. The sets would be a lot of structures like temples or something with some sea creatures. It could be also a season featuring another bounty hunters as Ronin but evil ones. In season 5 Nya and Ronin had a lot of interaction so it makes sense to me. The sets would be a lot of vehicles for good and bad guys with a playset and also one of the sets could be a new Ronin Rex.

Energy Chapter: I think it would be cool if this chapter is about rescuing Garmadon that was captured by an evil team of ninjas. Each ninja will face a evil one. For the sets, they can include a new martial art similar to Spinjitsu but for the bad guys as a gimmick, structures like a fortress and some vehicles or dragons. 

Other ideas that I have:
- A monster season. Instead of yokai I think more in classic monsters like vampires, zombies, werewolfs, a Frankestein bigfig, mummies. This would be a homage to Monster Fighters. The sets could be a big castle and other rooms that connects to make a bigger castle (like Hogwarts in Harry Potter sets).
- Insects minifigs like in Galaxy Squad. Sets could be giant insects and other vehicles.
- Ancient formlings (like Akita) that transform in dinosaurs. 

48 minutes ago, Bloquerto said:

Hello everyone (I'm new here so I present myself if it's needed). Now, for ideas of new villains I would like say something before: from season 11 to this new season 13, the series its divided by chapters. We have the fire chapter (a Kai centered season), the ice chapter (Zane centered season), the lightning chapter (Prime Empire/Jay centered season) and now we will have MoM (season 13/Cole centered season) so to me it makes sense that we will have a Water and Energy seasons (Nya and Lloyd, respectively). So I think the next will be cool:

Water chapter: A season underwater. The villains could be another tribe of sea serpentine (eels) or fishmen (like in Atlantis theme). The side character (as Akita or Scott) could be a mermaid. The sets would be a lot of structures like temples or something with some sea creatures. It could be also a season featuring another bounty hunters as Ronin but evil ones. In season 5 Nya and Ronin had a lot of interaction so it makes sense to me. The sets would be a lot of vehicles for good and bad guys with a playset and also one of the sets could be a new Ronin Rex.

Energy Chapter: I think it would be cool if this chapter is about rescuing Garmadon that was captured by an evil team of ninjas. Each ninja will face a evil one. For the sets, they can include a new martial art similar to Spinjitsu but for the bad guys as a gimmick, structures like a fortress and some vehicles or dragons. 

Other ideas that I have:
- A monster season. Instead of yokai I think more in classic monsters like vampires, zombies, werewolfs, a Frankestein bigfig, mummies. This would be a homage to Monster Fighters. The sets could be a big castle and other rooms that connects to make a bigger castle (like Hogwarts in Harry Potter sets).
- Insects minifigs like in Galaxy Squad. Sets could be giant insects and other vehicles.
- Ancient formlings (like Akita) that transform in dinosaurs. 

Garmadon is still alive? I didn't watch the show a lot after Hunted. 

On 4/28/2020 at 4:47 AM, Fenghuang0296 said:

Ooh, kaiju would be awesome! Though it would mean few or no minifig baddies, mostly builds as monsters.

If they ever do Kaiju, it better be as a Pacific Rim inspired homage to Exo-Force. You know, Mecha Ninja vs. Dragon Kaiju. :smug:

On 4/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, Ardelon said:

Sea-monster-type or other aquatic villains seem to me to be the largest gap among the potential villains the theme hasn't done yet. This would also give an opportunity to create a wacky hybrid of a diving suit and a ninja costume to stand out among the other costume variants.

Heh, how 'bout then make it a Lovecraft-inspired wave (i.e. Ninjas vs. Cthulhu)? :laugh:

An underwater theme could totally have aquatic yokai (like the kappa) inspired enemies in the same vein as the Atlantis animal-human hybrids.

Kaiju would be neat but would probably also need minifig size villains as well. Maybe Kaiju enthusiasts in costumes like the s5 CMF dinosaur guy :laugh_hard:

On 4/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, Robert8 said:

Finally I'd love to see an all-female villain team. Like some sort of... "gothpunk amazons", if that make sense

Yes please :wub:

On 4/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, Harkonen said:

Garmadon is still alive? I didn't watch the show a lot after Hunted. 

Yes, he was resurrected by Harumi, fought the Oni (where he showed his Oni form) and disappeared after that.

https://ninjago.fandom.com/wiki/Garmadon/Gallery?file=GarmadonOni.jpeg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Lego ususaly clashes two unrelated themes to make their bad guys, so I run few randomizers and made up these guys...
Copper Spiders - Under ninjago, there is a cave full of spiders. The Snakes were complaining about them so Ninja have to check
Royal Needles - There is huge forest near Ninjago. There  were reports about bee creatures stealing food from the fields.
Ivory Watchers - A tribe of Elephant creatures enters the ninjago. Their leader claims the end of the Ninjago world is near as someone stole THE STABILIZER.
Blind Diamond- Jewelery shops in all Ninjago were robbed in ONE night. Ninja find out they have to get back something else than stolen crystals...
Nightmare Sisters - A mysterious Circus appears in Ninjago City! What a lovely day for...World domination? The owners of the Circus are not  what they seem...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Yokai, Magical Girls, Zombie theme park mascots, Ninja Clowns, Mermaid Knights, plant Witch and J-POP Rangers.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

jezzzz so much pessimisn.

People say Ninjago went to far since what - season 3 or 4?

I am also sad about loss of quality sometimes (change in directors)..
..but so far they did almost everything really well - which cartoon about mecha-Ninjas based on a "spinner" game can maintain such high quality for so long? :tongue:

and they could always make a side leap to european medevil, vampires, seamonsters etc. - and go back to the roots a season later. If you dislike something; safe some money for one wave.
And the comming wave is the first time they REALLY divert a lot from eastern asian lore.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:00 AM, Lordofdragonss said:

Lego ususaly clashes two unrelated themes to make their bad guys, so I run few randomizers and made up these guys...
Copper Spiders - Under ninjago, there is a cave full of spiders. The Snakes were complaining about them so Ninja have to check
Royal Needles - There is huge forest near Ninjago. There  were reports about bee creatures stealing food from the fields.
Ivory Watchers - A tribe of Elephant creatures enters the ninjago. Their leader claims the end of the Ninjago world is near as someone stole THE STABILIZER.
Blind Diamond- Jewelery shops in all Ninjago were robbed in ONE night. Ninja find out they have to get back something else than stolen crystals...
Nightmare Sisters - A mysterious Circus appears in Ninjago City! What a lovely day for...World domination? The owners of the Circus are not  what they seem...

Those all sound crazy - yet plausible - enough to be actual episode or season plot points.