Sign in to follow this  
jngunsw

customised royal battleship

hi guys:

now you can see my royal battleship through the following link:

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jngunsw/a...hCLdPDBdRvJw3gG

sori, i don't know how to attach pics here (i tried but it didn't show up) so i hv to do this through a link...

basically it's a double deck battleship with 14 cannons... the double cannons at the front can spin around... the upper deck cannons (4 on each side) are fixed, whereas the cannons in the lower deck are shared (in other words there are four cannons in total in the lower deck and they can be rotated and deployed on either side of the ship - those who owns Skulls Eye Schooner will know what i mean.) basically this is an extension of the Skulls Eye Schooner , only i make it into a good guy ship with more guns on it....

enjoy :)

btw you can check out my monrail system here:

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jngunsw/a...hwyUPDBHqjuwXOe

and my police headquarter here:

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jngunsw/a...hWzcPDBYfaJ92fJ

I don't think Yahoo will let you directly link pictures in their Photo Albums for they are MegaBlokin scum who want people to visit their website! What you could do is upload them to Geocities and link them from there (I assume that works here). Just use your Yahoo account to sign in. If its your first time it'll ask you a couple of additional questions and then its ready for use.

This ship looks like its got a bit of Caribbean Clipper, a bit of Skulls Eye Schooner and a bit Armada Flagship thrown into the mix!

Looks great!

May I suggest something, though: Try putting the big sail on the second mast and the two smaller ones on the front mast. Methinks that would look better...

But in general a great MOC :)

This ship looks like its got a bit of Caribbean Clipper, a bit of Skulls Eye Schooner and a bit Armada Flagship thrown into the mix!

you are spot on mister_phes, i mixed them together to mk it a giant good guys battleship ;)

Besides "Royal Battleship" does it have an official name?

mmmmm.... good question.... never really thought about this :P

I suppose it has to be called HMS something.... HMS Conquers, HMS destroyer (doesn't sound like a nice guy ship though)....

Do you hv any suggestions?

btw i like yr new avatar ;) i will wk on mine soon

Why thank you Jngunsw! I'd had enough of old Captain Roger/Red Beard since just about everyone who has a Pirate LEGO avatar uses him. So I thought I'd give the conquistador a turn and he's very pleased with his position. I'm quite happy to make basic Pirate LEGO avatars for anyone who'd like one.

As for your ship... I think HMS Destroyer is too ironic for a ship of this nature, and I'm sure I've heard it used before. More than once. So lets see if we can find something a little more original.

What nationality is the ship suppose to be? I see there are the Armada (which usually indicates Spanish) flags and sales, plus the Blue Coat (whatever nationality they are to you. I.e. British Navy or French) soliders and flags. Once we determine the nationality we can combine the ships function with a noun of that nationalities' native language.

I'm quite happy to make basic Pirate LEGO avatars for anyone who'd like one.

first thing first... thank you for yr offer to help....

i will be more than happy to receive any avatar... i hv been looking through my pictures file... n the only original thing i can find is this little crappy droid that you see next to my name....

bk to the ship i will say it's a french ship.... unfortunately i dun speak french (i m from the land of Down Under if u know what i mean)... so may be you can throw yr french at me ;)

cheers

Yes... I can relate to this as well for I am a Pirate of southern oceans...

However there are French men lurking on this message board. I shall contact them at once to request assistance!

jngunsw, this is really an impressive ship here !!!!!!

I have looked at the most well known French Corsairs and I have listed their frigate's name (I've put a translation in brackets):

Duguay-Trouin:

L'Hermine (The Ermine)

La Diligente (The Diliget)

Robert Surcouf:

L'Emilie (The Emily)

Le Clarisse (The Clarisse)

Jean Bart:

La Royale (The Royal)

La Palme (The Palm)

Le Dauphin (The Dolphin)

Le Glorieux (The Glorious)

I also like: La Canonni

thx guys.... yr help is much appreciated....

mind you the most impressive ship I hv seen can be found here... (it's not my creation... i wish i hv one like that... my Le Glorieux was inspired by this....)

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jngunsw/a...lbum?.dir=/4813

it's a super, mega, maxima battleship... a superb 32 gunners (with 16 on each side).... i won't fancy to put my ship anywhere near it... my Le Glorieux just doesn't stand a chance...

enjoy ;)

Do you know who created it?

no i don't recall.... i bought a lego set from an American ebayer a year or two ago (most probably a priate set) ... n he was kind enough to share his photos with me ;)

I do rememeber that i asked him if the ship was up for sale n he said no cos he wanted to pass it on to his daughter ....

well bad luck to me.... anyway i then built my Le Glorieux based on that model....

If ya still had his Email address ya could Email him and tell him about this place. Maybe he's created more MOCs since and would like an audience to share them with. He's probably a member of LugNET anyway, but it can't hurt to ask I suppose.