Alazon

Housekeeping in the Pirates forum

Hi there,
being a relatively new member of the forum, having my love for the Pirates Theme rekindled by first the Ideas submission and subsequently by the released set of "Pirates of Barracuda Bay", I've realised that some of the older topics, especially articles from the fantastic Master Index, have lots of broken links or sometimes grown a bit grey in the beard. Resources like "A Guide to the Pirates Minifigures" seem to be broken multiple times, even after having re-uploads a few years ago.

Is anyone willing to form a kind of Housekeeping Crew over here to update some of these links and topics, maybe in the light of a potential influx of new members following the releases of Barracuda Bay and the upcoming Creator ship? I would happily partake.

What do the other members and also the moderators think about that?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Alazon said:

What do the other members and also the moderators think about that?

It's a good idea! 

Since returning to Eurobricks last June there was nobody at the helm, so I've gradually had to build things up by myself.  Almost a year later, we've got a decent crew in place but we still need more pirate-power!

As I've been focused on moving forward, the indices have fallen on the wayside in favour initiatives to get the forums more active.

So what would you participation be?

20 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

First of all, thank you for the hard work and bringing this forum back to life. I thoroughly enjoy browsing these threads, and it's fantastic to see that pirate MOCs and discussion is still very much alive even after all the years.

I could offer to comb through the Master Index, trying to locate orphaned PDFs and pictures in a first step, removing links that are no longer working in a second, finally adding content and updating the index in a third step. Provided you find that a good idea.

In my experience, the indices are a great way to fathom the wealth of information collected here for newcomers and for the more experienced members to locate information in the depths of the threads.

22 minutes ago, Alazon said:

First of all, thank you for the hard work and bringing this forum back to life

Thank you! But thank you for contributing to the forum - without the members, there would be no life to get back!

23 minutes ago, Alazon said:

I could offer to comb through the Master Index, trying to locate orphaned PDFs and pictures in a first step, removing links that are no longer working in a second, finally adding content and updating the index in a third step. Provided you find that a good idea.

That would be fantastic! Once upon a time we had an Indexer position in which crew were doing just that.

I'm currently in discussions with the Administrators about reinstating such positions but I can immediately invite you to join The Shipyard if you're interesting in discussing further.

59 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

I'm currently in discussions with the Administrators about reinstating such positions but I can immediately invite you to join The Shipyard if you're interesting in discussing further.

I'd love to join The Shipyard, feel free to add me!

38 minutes ago, Alazon said:

I'd love to join The Shipyard, feel free to add me! 

Access has been granted!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the crew and we shall set sail! :pir-classic: