Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Preeeeeetty sure what people think is a ‘fox guy’ is actually a ‘Red Panda guy’. This would make sense in internationalising appeal too.

Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that!

Tuesday is the reveal day y'all! Not long now. I want to know what and where the other 50 pieces are in those beatboxes. All your questions answered and more this Tuesday.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The furry thing is inappropriate only if you make it so.

Even Disney made Zootopia, which, by the way, features a fox guy and a bunny girl

I n t e r e s t i n g ....

Yes it is interesting. I am a fan of Zootopia, let’s hope we gonna Zootopia CMF series!

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Most likely yes. And if we are correct then we will have 5 CMF Series this year. 

I've got:
-Marvel
-LoonyToons
-Band Mates

What are the other 2?

58 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I've got:
-Marvel
-LoonyToons
-Band Mates

What are the other 2?

Series 21

Bandmates series 1

looney tunes

bandmates series 2 

marvel 

Are we sure about this though?

Jumping from 3 to 5 series per year sounds like too much

On the other hand, that might be the reason there are now only 12 minifigures per series

Will Bandmates be full series or even smaller, like 8 or so? Two full sets in one year would seem like a lot to me, but smaller ones less so.

If you look at it as blind bag products in general and factor in the Mario character series, they've already been ramping it up.

23 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Will Bandmates be full series or even smaller, like 8 or so? Two full sets in one year would seem like a lot to me, but smaller ones less so.

If you look at it as blind bag products in general and factor in the Mario character series, they've already been ramping it up.

If we’re right about Bandmates I’m thinking it’ll be smaller too. We did have 2 years where we got 4 CMF series, the German Football team and the British Olympics team.

If they are going to release two series of 8 characters each in the same year, then releasing just all of them together in a single series would be easier/cheaper 

Just now, Robert8 said:

If they are going to release two series of 8 characters each in the same year, then releasing just all of them together in a single series would be easier/cheaper 

Good point. Perhaps we could see brick built Bandmates then? Similar line to Super Mario? Or we are all wrong and the CMF has 12 minifigures in each series.

I feel like it’s going to be more then 8...but then again it could be one bandmate per character. If it’s one band mate per character we have seen most of them 

Edited by Falconfan1414

I thought Bandmates had 11 parts listed in the leak. This would make these more like a polybag, or the random shield packs from Nexo Knights with a minifig in place of the large holder. If the expected idea of tiles printed to be read by an app for special cuts of music is true, then this is all about kids learning to do sound mixing.

27 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I thought Bandmates had 11 parts listed in the leak. This would make these more like a polybag, or the random shield packs from Nexo Knights with a minifig in place of the large holder. If the expected idea of tiles printed to be read by an app for special cuts of music is true, then this is all about kids learning to do sound mixing.

I think (I might be wrong) that CMF packs always have a 11 pieces count approximation no? At least in descriptions..?!

And polybags more 30-50 pieces?

If you are referring to the 50 pieces that Anonknee Muss was talking about it is because we have yet to find out what the beatboxes are made of. Apparently they have around 80-90 pieces and from the leaked image only 25-30 pieces could be counted. 

I think the sound mixing thing you are talking about could be a reality and would be fun. 

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I feel like it’s going to be more then 8...but then again it could be one bandmate per character. If it’s one band mate per character we have seen most of them 

I hope we have more. There are 6 beatboxes if I’m not mistaken so 2 bandmates in the same vibe/color scheme for each of the main beatbox minifig would be great and it would make a full 12 CMF 

If I remember correctly there are possibly 2 more beatboxes to be released this summer. And a few sets. So the 2nd CMF could be related again to  6 of these 7 new sets? Maybe excluding the very large one that could already have the bandmates included?

It’s fun guessing. Can’t wait until Tuesday. 

I read somewhere tho that the reference to the 26th on the website had been removed? I didn’t check. Anyone can confirm?

We need more leaks!!!:)

No actually we need some surprises on the 26 th:)

Edited by Megbricks

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yes I think that these Blind bags might be very worth it for them. The price per piece is probably higher (I never counted but I am pretty sure it would be). 

If you sell 200 000 of Blind bag X @5$ each. I am pretty sure that the new mold pays off pretty quick 

Edited by Megbricks

Spoiler

57570_BeatBits%20overview2_202101260144.

(Spoiler tagged only because it looked quite big)

Marcos Bessa confirmed in a comment on NE's IG that all the tiles are printed, and with the new moulds for each minifigure I'm thinking they really invested a lot into this, which I'm sure will be popular but not for its main purpose (the app).

I'm predicting a rise in record shop MOCs this year :laugh:

Well of cource there is a techno gimmick attached to all this :hmpf_bad: Lego really has gone full corpo,can't have a normal theme without some media attached to it.

Ok people place your bets,for how long do you think this theme will survive?I give it a year max,especially with those rumored prices.

The revelation of Vidiyo (combination of DIY and Video) looks intersting to me. More friendly and safe environment for kids for sure. 

26 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Ok people place your bets,for how long do you think this theme will survive?I give it a year max,especially with those rumored prices.

I would say two years!

The band mates don’t seem to be only connected to the pods, there’s a cheerleader at the end of LEGO’s announcement video? 

I can’t believe they’re actually making essentially 5 CMFs in a year on top of the Mario blind bags. :P

How on earth could all of those tiles be printed!? My guess would be Universal poured a lot of cash into the partnership and printing capacity is all a matter of money to LEGO.

Then again, as far as we know the majority of this theme is minifigure and graphics design work and not set design work, so maybe that's how they could divert so many resources into the extravagance of the minifigures and tiles.

I'm looking forward to the concrete product details and pricing, because basically everything discussed in the press release doesn't interest me personally in the slightest. Without hating on the concept at all because it's just not for me, this does feel like another theme where we're going to see the products on DEEP discount before too long, just like Dimensions.

I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, what’s the story with this ‘bandmate’ CMF? Is it part of Vidiyo? Like some of the figures we’ve seen will be in blind bags, packaged with some of the (incredible, amazing number of) printed tiles?

Also, seriously, when are we going to see actual set images? I thought that was what today’s reveal was for! This releases March, right? That’s only a month away.

Edited by Fenghuang0296

30 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm looking forward to the concrete product details and pricing, because basically everything discussed in the press release doesn't interest me personally in the slightest. Without hating on the concept at all because it's just not for me, this does feel like another theme where we're going to see the products on DEEP discount before too long, just like Dimensions.

Sort of agree, I think that this one has the same sort of appeal that Dimensions had with people buying them for the printed tiles/cool minifigures (in the same way that people bought Dimensions packs for stuff like the Back to the Future/Knight Rider/A-Team/etc figures or accessories that were only available in Dimensions stuff), but I don't know if it has the long-term staying power.  The only LEGO theme that seems to truly have worked in combining some sort of video game/digital element with bricks is Mario, and that's probably because it's probably the most famous video game in the world.  Dimensions seemed to do okay but I think the only reason it had staying power was because of the licensed builds/figures, Life of George was pretty much a one-off that didn't last very long, I forgot if LEGO Universe had a physical component or not, and Hidden Side lasted for a wave and a half if I'm remembering correctly (although I'm still attributing that in part to the box art that didn't show the builds at all).

It seems like LEGO wants to capitalize on the popularity of video games and apps, but I feel like people don't really want to mix the two.  If I'm playing a video game, I'd rather just play it, and if I'm doing stuff with LEGO, I'd rather just build/play with the bricks and minifigures.  

This theme seems like it's riding almost entirely on whether or not it catches on with kids, and I don't really think there will be any "in-between" here, it's either going to catch on and be a hit or completely flop.

Someone on another network talked to me about a leaked image of a blue lizard related to vidiyo?? I can’t find it. Has anyone seen it?

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wish they had revealed the "sets" today

Otherwise, meh for me.... 

Same here,any chance on seeing them in TF? 

33 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wish they had revealed the "sets" today

Otherwise, meh for me.... 

I think I will like it and I really thought they would reveal them today.