Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

I’m not sure if this is where I should post…but I will post it anyways. 

It looks like there is a new Adidas x Lego Vidiyo collection? 

On a side note, I tried the new version of the VIDIYO app and it is a lot simpler to use in my opinion. 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if this is where I should post…but I will post it anyways. 

It looks like there is a new Adidas x Lego Vidiyo collection? 

Oh !! Where ? On adidas dot com?

On 1/5/2022 at 9:48 PM, danth said:

Wasn't there an Animal Crossing thing happening too?

Yea I believe so. I saw the announcement trailer but i don’t own the game so I don’t know if it is released already 

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Oh !! Where ? On adidas dot com?

Yup! I got the notification email from adidas.com a few weeks ago and I had no idea there was lego Vidiyo collection. It’s pretty odd to find out!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yup! I got the notification email from adidas.com a few weeks ago and I had no idea there was lego Vidiyo collection. It’s pretty odd to find out!

I checked and found 4 items. Most of them are not that VIDIYOISH. 

9 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

I checked and found 4 items. Most of them are not that VIDIYOISH. 

I dunno why they came up with this desgins.  But it’s really odd if Vidiyo sale is not that great beforehand. 

Hey, are we still having more Vidiyo sets this year or is it officially discontinued? 

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I dunno why they came up with this desgins.  But it’s really odd if Vidiyo sale is not that great beforehand. 

Hey, are we still having more Vidiyo sets this year or is it officially discontinued? 

From what I understand nothing in 2022 while they try to reinvent the app (which they already did start to change) and that there would be possibly a comeback of the theme in 2023

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

From what I understand nothing in 2022 while they try to reinvent the app (which they already did start to change) and that there would be possibly a comeback of the theme in 2023

I only know one thing: Vidiyo is dead but Leog’s partnership with Universal Music is not dead. So yeah it may come back. 

I just want to know where I can find some of the Bandmates Series 2 ... I don't even want all of them, just the Vampiress, the Slime monster, the Zombie, the Gummi Bear, maybe the robot ... Sigh.

6 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

I just want to know where I can find some of the Bandmates Series 2 ... I don't even want all of them, just the Vampiress, the Slime monster, the Zombie, the Gummi Bear, maybe the robot ... Sigh.

They might still be available at some Walmarts, though this seems unlikely this long after their release (and subsequent holidays). Barring that, BrickLink is probably your best bet. 😕

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

They might still be available at some Walmarts, though this seems unlikely this long after their release (and subsequent holidays). Barring that, BrickLink is probably your best bet. 😕

This. The LEGO sections around here were hit hard this holiday, and I imagine the Wal-Mart Christmas assortment (the only place with them) was no exception. I should have grabbed S.2, but just couldn't work up the care. I'll regret it, probably.

You can wait for the post Christmas clearance, some might be unearthed and tossed over in that aisle.

I have frequented Walmart and can say with certainty that none ever showed up at the ones in my region, sadly. They never even showed up at the Lego store that's nearby me. It's baffling.

6 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I have frequented Walmart and can say with certainty that none ever showed up at the ones in my region, sadly. They never even showed up at the Lego store that's nearby me. It's baffling.

In that case: 

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BrickLink is your best bet. 😕

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

VIDIYO has been officially cancelled

About time. There were some interesting builds and minifigs, the beat boxes had some cool parts, but the app trying to glue it together failed. The prices in the US never dropped enough to make the beat boxes worthwhile until the big clearance got them to half off.

The app continues to be poor, and once again demonstrates that trying to buy into something app-based won't hold it's value, as the app will die in a relatively short period of time. It's such as a shame, as the actual LEGO part of this was terrific. They just spoilt it with an expensive app (which was terrible) and expensive music license (which was frustratingly limited).

I've just opened the series 2 figures I got and my five year old enjoys doing a few songs with them. Better build the stage sets before it's too late to use them with it at all. She will probably have a bit of fun. And then it's onto MOC a full punk pirate ship!

Well I never planned to get something of this theme but as they were throwing away sets for nothing I got a few figs with some cool printing and especially arm printing..

I hope TLG is learning from their experiences: I have no idea of any apps but folks said dimentions game wasn't working, same for Hidden side and now this. Dear TLG: either you figure out how the tech works (or let some video game company do it) or stick with what you have: hardware, plastic and add some cardboard games or whatever. I mean you could integrate Lego into practically any hardware games/board games or whatever people call 'em today. Do what you're good at.

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

The rock viking idea and monster metal castle might have been interesting to see. Oh well.

Yeah but the issue with the theme was the sets were a bit of a mess. The prototype versions were 'cleaner' and just would look better on a box. So the sets might sound cool and be horrible mess. Dinosaur minifigures would have been great though.

Too bad. Some interesting minifigures but the theme failed twice now.

Wow... with the exception of the llama one, every one of those cancelled sets sounds intriguing to me! Obviously cancellation was the right business decision given the poor performance of the first waves (good minifigures made overpriced by licensing a minuscule selection of average songs), but I would have liked to have seen these. Hopefully some of the investment TLG already made into prints and molds will show up in other themes.

Ooh the titles sound promising. I hope we’ll get leaked footage once of these sets just to see what we missed. Dinos sound cool, but we’ll get a new cmf series this year. A great way to give us those dinos

Such a shame. I am sorry VIdiyo has been canned, as I loved the sets and figs, and was thrilled to finally get the last two I needed for series 2.

Monster Metal Castle was something that seemed pretty expected, given the theme of frankenstein type zombies + dragons and them using axes.

Even while canned, at least it shows there's still interest for LEGO to make Castle stuff after the current IDEAS/3-in-1 sets.

Castle could've meant a lot in vidiyo sense (see Candy Castle)

Edited by TeriXeri

It would have been nice to have themed sets for each of the different genres. The boombox is so crowded on my shelf due to the outliers having no where else suitable to go. Some of the last ones from series 2 don't even have studs to attach to and are just standing loose.