Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

Minifigure Madness are completely removed any trace of Bandmates series 2 from their website, not even a page with "Out of Stock". Rumours of cancellation in Europe are making the rounds on Instagram.

@Brick Clicker Was your order cancelled?

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Minifigure Madness are completely removed any trace of Bandmates series 2 from their website, not even a page with "Out of Stock". Rumours of cancellation in Europe are making the rounds on Instagram.

@Brick Clicker Was your order cancelled?

Yep gutted to have my order cancelled! Still have hope of getting them from another avenue but I'll keep the thread updated with what I've hear but it dosen't look good for Europe or everyone for a matter of fact :cry_happy:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yep gutted to have my order cancelled! Still have hope of getting them from another avenue but I'll keep the thread updated with what I've hear but it dosen't look good for Europe or everyone for a matter of fact :cry_happy:

Thank you so much for the update! I am sorry your order was cancelled :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

I'm 95% sure they've been produced to some extent so I think they'll try and get rid of them down some avenue

I hope so, I want to get a Slimey.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Cancel culture claimed yet another victim :sad:

Press F to pay respects.

Nooo, I really wanted that blue dragon :cry_sad:.

I have only one Vidiyo set and that is the red dragon beatbox, just because the minifig was so awesome. Let's hope I can get the blue one via Bricklink.

Edited by hoiharry

As per Minifigure Madness:

I am very sorry to write that lego has unfortunately cancelled this product and has cancelled our order without notice. Lego has told us that they will not be releasing this product after all.”

Over on Brickset, a user claims they wrote to Lego and got this response:

"As we're placing LEGO VIDIYO on hold for 2022, it won't be affecting the release of the 43108 Bandmates Series 2 blind boxes on the 1st of October 2021. Our current plans for pausing this theme don't affect any of the products being released in 2021."

They speculate that perhaps Lego has decided to not ship these to retailers, and opt to sell them directly instead. In either case, I think Lego should be clearer on their messaging here. If these are never getting released, just rip the bandaid already!

Agree

They just need to release a statement on the matter. As I said a few pages back, it seems this one really hit their pride....

15 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Hopefully they get released somewhere and we can ship them to each other. 

Exactly what I was planning! I was gonna buy multiple boxes and just sell them at standard retail prices for those who wanted some instead of the resellers making ridiculous profit.

3 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Over on Brickset, a user claims they wrote to Lego and got this response:

"As we're placing LEGO VIDIYO on hold for 2022, it won't be affecting the release of the 43108 Bandmates Series 2 blind boxes on the 1st of October 2021. Our current plans for pausing this theme don't affect any of the products being released in 2021."

They speculate that perhaps Lego has decided to not ship these to retailers, and opt to sell them directly instead. In either case, I think Lego should be clearer on their messaging here. If these are never getting released, just rip the bandaid already!

The person who wrote that lives in North America whereas Minifigure Madness (whose trade order was cancelled) are based in Europe (Ireland to be precise). Maybe regional exclusive :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Wasn’t it that Singapore never had series 1 as well? So, maybe they check how vidiyo would have performed if there were actual buildable sets to go along them? I mean they already have those sets, you can always try and learn something off it. 

I’m not from Australia or New Zealand but, according to Jay’s Brick Blog, Bandmates Serie officially cancelled in Australia and New Zealand. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not from Australia or New Zealand but, according to Jay’s Brick Blog, Bandmates Serie officially cancelled in Australia and New Zealand. 

He seems to talk about some sort of Vidiyo reboot. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

16 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

He seems to talk about some sort of Vidiyo reboot. Does anyone know what he's talking about?

It sounds like Lego’s partnership with Universal Music is not dead but I wonder about that too. I have no idea what he meant by that. 

16 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

LEGO announced a few months ago that they were pausing the theme to rework it. It will probably come back in a year or two. That could be a simple revision all the way up to completely changing the concept. No one really knows.

https://brickset.com/article/60698/official-statement-regarding-vidiyo

Wow, the message is very confusing I just spoke with a Lego store manager and he told me that he received an email this morning saying that these would not be released at all in Canada

Maybe the stock is in China and they predict sales won't be good enough for them to bother shipping them to retailers worldwide. So they'll just dump the lot in Singapore/Malaysia/Taiwan and let resellers sort out the exports instead.

Dude what a mess

It's like they dont even know what to do 

I dont recall anything like this ever  before

Edited by Robert8