Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

26 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

When I clicked "buy", it took me to another website called Yellow Blocks, which apparently is the official LEGO website for Dubai and Abu Dhabi. No sign of VIdiyo anywhere on that site.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/themes/vidiyo

Vidiyo is still for sale in the UK too, or you can try replacing ae / gb with nz. However, I think they were talking about series 2 of Bandmates earlier being cancelled, not the theme as a whole. I thought the plan was that series 2 would still be released later in the year (suggesting it had all been made and needs selling / getting rid of depending on how the retailers see it).

Edited by MAB

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

When I clicked "buy", it took me to another website called Yellow Blocks, which apparently is the official LEGO website for Dubai and Abu Dhabi. No sign of VIdiyo anywhere on that site.

Im surprised clicking "buy" didnt open a message box saying something likeĀ "Really???"

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't think so

They are still on Shop @ Home

https://www.lego.com/en-ae/product/bandmates-43108

About darn time! I had been looking for it on Shop @ Home for a few weeksā€¦.

EDIT: False alarm, I just clicked ā€˜Buyā€ button. Nothing happened. It should be ā€œAdd to Bagā€, not ā€œBuyā€.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Im surprised clicking "buy" didnt open a message box saying something likeĀ "Really???"

:rofl:

20 hours ago, MAB said:

I imagine they got good feedback during play testing on early prototype versions ofĀ vidiyo. It is quite fun to use, especially for kids.Ā  And then released it without play testing the final product.

They messed up the app. The app is clunky, annoying to use and missing important features. Plus it only runs on very modern tablets / phones that are not likely to be in the hands of 7 year olds. I guess play testing used a preliminary one.

They messed up marketing. No stages released at the start, just weird expensive boxes in unusual packaging and small boxes with a single minifigure in that cost more than CMF. Nobody really knew what the theme was meant to be.

They messed up the pricing. Even a decent set / theme can be killed by way overpricing it.

They could probably have got away with one error, but not all three.

If we had play tested it, I think we (as a family) would have been generally positive, but would we have been asked to comment on pricing and marketing? Probably not. Would we have been given the final app? Probably not. The updated app with stages wasn't even ready until just before the stages were released, after review sets were sent out. So I reckon play testers were positive to it, just that lego really screwed up what happened next.

But there are some structural issues within the process you describe. I like your analytical and open approach. I would add to that again, that maybe the original designer and testing theme calculated with lower costs but some other folks were changing that - maybe even because everything was too expensive.

Whatever the internal structure of TLG maybe: the point and main issue is that 20ā‚¬ is ludicrous. You can buy a proper video game or remote-controlled car with that cash. So at least there should be some border, some instance/authority saying "NO/STOP".

18 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Any update on Bandmates Series 2? Ā Supposedly releasing in 10 days.Ā Not on the AU site either.

Came here toĀ check on that too ! I soooooo want those!!!

I messaged customer service about Bandmates Series 2 and got this response: "We're so happy to hear that you're super excited about the new LEGOĀ® VIDYOā„¢ Bandmates! We don't have an update on the release date right now but keep an eye on LEGO.com for any news. Keep on making great music!"

Dosen't sound too good for them but we'll see...

This isn't really super-related to the sets, but did anyone get Vidiyo vibes from these robot musicians in the new chapter of Deltarune? It can't have been just me, right?

Anyway, I've ordered a couple more of the Beatbox sets as they've gotten cheaper on Amazon. Despite the priciness and my general indifference to the app, I really do think this theme has its charm. I'll probably continue to pick up more of the sets here and there, especially since with the theme taking a year off to reevaluate its strategy there's likely to continue to be good sales going forward.

Some good news! Bandmates series 2 will launch as expected next week. I just think not many stores have ordered them in so probably a very limited run...Ā 

I spoke to customer service, they had no updates like @Brick Clicker said. They said they had no internal news of the arrival either. I spoke to my second closest store today and they had no idea what was going on with the set either.Ā 

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Some good news! Bandmates series 2 will launch as expected next week. I just think not many stores have ordered them in so probably a very limited run...Ā 

How do you know this?

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I spoke to customer service, they had no updates like @Brick Clicker said. They said they had no internal news of the arrival either. I spoke to my second closest store today and they had no idea what was going on with the set either.Ā 

How do you know this?

I've personally been able to pre order 2 boxes this week and told they are getting delivered and some Lego stores should have them at least next weekĀ :classic:

I hope Bandmates S2 comes to Australia, I would love to pick up a few (especially the vampire one with the axe guitar)

Ā 

4 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I've personally been able to pre order 2 boxes this week and told they are getting delivered and some Lego stores should have them at least next weekĀ :classic:

Oh sweet! Where are we able to pre-order them from?

They are now listed on LEGO India S@H.

But not LEGO UK S@H.

Or US.

10 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Ah thatā€™s great! I was about to give up my hope on this Bandmates Series 2. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Oh sweet! Where are we able to pre-order them from?

They are now listed on LEGO India S@H.

But not LEGO UK S@H.

Or US.

Same here, wondering about pre-ordering.Ā 

I just clicked ā€œBuyā€ box out of curiosity but it looks like I had an error.

Ā 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

13 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Minifigure Madness is selling them:

https://www.minifiguremaddness.com/product/lego-vidiyo-43108-bandmates-series-2-x2-boxes-of-24-minifigures/

But you have to buy 2 boxes of 24 which should net you 4 complete sets.

Yeah got mine from there so I'm able to get 2 boxes if these are going to be pretty limtedĀ 

I am tempted to go through them, but hoping a New Zealand site will get them... support local and all that jazz. Plus, Minifig Madness equates to $98NZD/set, which is a bit much.

If these are releasing next week I find it weird that coming soon isnā€™t listed under them on LEGO.com. Doesnā€™t that always happen when sets are listed there?Ā 

The price is finally right. My girlfriend and I grabbed all 6 first wave beatboxes for 3 Euros each.

242920578_655854449137425_51839130469525