Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

Here in New Zealand, they are 50% off at most if not all the stores that carry them. That includes everything from Bandmates right through to the largest set. Makes me glad I held off on the last 3 Beatboxes, they went from $28 to $13, much more acceptable.
I have also never bothered with the app, just loved the figs, which will go on display once I have got the rest out of layaway and can see how many there are properly.

In Germany I didn't even find the sets at stores except for the "new" toys R us; smyths toys - and there they are mostly 50% off since some time I think. The sets themselves I think were actually good deals! Just to me they'd only be parts packs anyway..

18 hours ago, karrit said:

The only place that is finally just starting to discount some Vidiyo is Walmart.  We haven't gotten any of the Second Wave released here yet and now it seems likely that it will be very hard to find anywhere outside of directly from Lego.  I don't think you will be able to pick up much if any here cheaply.

18 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

That largely depends on region. All Walmarts and Targets carry them, then you'll have various regional retail/grocery chains that carry LEGO. Usually the only place you'll see deeply discounted LEGO is Walmart and Target, and generally only at certain times a year.

Thank you both! I’ll check out Walmart. 

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good to hear that it’s still coming, a cancellation definitely would have sucked :sweet:

Agreed. I haven't much nice to say about Vidyo, other than that the minifigure designs have been really fun.

Oh, that is good news. Hopefully it is a full release in the countries where it is currently sold, otherwise they will be nearly impossible to get hold of.

Picked up the final two series 1 bandmates that I wanted this evening. Hoping that the beat boxes get a decent discount, but not worth it at RRP.

Just because LEGO still plans to release them doesn't mean they'll be widely available. The initial articles about VIDIYO's cancellation clearly stated that retailers could cancel their orders with no drama.

Selling stuff at deep discounts doesn't make retailers a lot of money (that's the reason large scale retailers can afford to do it and mom and pop toy stores usually can't, or not to the same degree). If retailers have seen that they end up with lots of VIDIYO products that they're guaranteed to going to need to massively mark down, they might just up and cancel the orders. In that case LEGO might be stuck with so much product that they'll massively discount it themselves, but Bandmates S2 could become one of those things that's there for two seconds and then hard to find.

I have a feeling Bandmates S2 might not be widely available in NZ since Toyco already removed it from their page.  Now should I get the boombox at 55% off RRP now just for the axe guitar or buy full price at LEGO store when it releases ... hmmm

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Just because LEGO still plans to release them doesn't mean they'll be widely available. The initial articles about VIDIYO's cancellation clearly stated that retailers could cancel their orders with no drama.

Selling stuff at deep discounts doesn't make retailers a lot of money (that's the reason large scale retailers can afford to do it and mom and pop toy stores usually can't, or not to the same degree). If retailers have seen that they end up with lots of VIDIYO products that they're guaranteed to going to need to massively mark down, they might just up and cancel the orders. In that case LEGO might be stuck with so much product that they'll massively discount it themselves, but Bandmates S2 could become one of those things that's there for two seconds and then hard to find.

Yes, I imagine some retailers won't be putting these on the shelves. If they need to put 50% discounts on them it looks bad on them too, and especially if they make little on them. It wouldn't surprise me if they become lego store exclusives or appear in big discount chains that regularly discount items from ridiculously high RRPs, not bothering to try to get the RRP at all.

28 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

I have a feeling Bandmates S2 might not be widely available in NZ since Toyco already removed it from their page.  Now should I get the boombox at 55% off RRP now just for the axe guitar or buy full price at LEGO store when it releases ... hmmm

Well, darn. I was hoping to have a chat with the owner in a couple of weeks and ask if they were getting them. Hopefully Warehouse will still get them in. I mean, could always buy from S@H, but you aren't guaranteed a full/complete case that way.

Only 30% off here in Italy. That's not nearly enough. (Yet a few bandmates look ok to me, too bad they come in blind boxes instead of blind bags)

I recently picked up the Candy Mermaid at a 50% discount (which was the one I wanted the most), and this price was still a lot for me compared to what other discounts people have shared online. I might pick up some more of the Band Mates as well if their price is brought down any further. 

The US aren't not gonna get 2HY at all as there already showing up in Target, Walmart and Kohls so it might just be a limted run I guess. The sets aren't offically scheduled for retirement until July 2022.

22 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

So there still might not be a release of the 2HY wave in the US? https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-vidiyos-second-wave-of-sets-may-not-launch-in-the-us-at-all/

37 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The US aren't not gonna get 2HY at all as there already showing up in Target, Walmart and Kohls so it might just be a limted run I guess. 

Not so awesome…

Here in Australia the majority of the beatbox sets dropped 75% off their RRP on Amazon AU, which was enough for them to finally sell out after decreasing in price daily…

So I looked at the sets due to 50% sale but since I spend more money (too many good sets) for Lego than in the last 3 years I didn't even want anything.

...but Smyths Toys has an offer to get a beatbox of your choice for free with a purchase of 20€. It's a crazy good offer. I took the golden Robot - and noticed the hands are silver - is this a first? So far hands were always light or dark grey instead of being silver?!

I wonder if we would see animal minifigures’ molds  (Bunny head, Cheetah head, etc) again in other themes.