Set names and info for June sets revealed:

43109- BEATBOX? $20 86 PIECES
43110- BEATBOX? $20 89 PIECES
43111- CANDY CASTLE $30 344 PIECES
43112- ROBOT CAR $30 387 PIECES
43113- STAGE $50 514 PIECES
43114- PIRATE SHIP $60 615 PIECES
43115- "STEREO" $100 996 PIECES

Huh... maybe there’s hope for Sisu’s tail as palm tree trunk (as seen in the app AR scenery) physically

Thoughts

43111 - Candy Castle - Very excited loved the Candy Mermaid but this should have been a much bigger set. I’m guessing at $30 it’ll be a colorful facade very reminiscent of Cloud Cuckoo Land. Not expecting to love it as much as I would if it were an actual castle.

43112 - Robot Car - I have my reservations, I’d love to see a futuristic approach to a vehicle similar to General Grievous’s wheel bike. A regular car is a hard pass

43113 - Stage - Has potential but it also seems easy to brick up

43114 - Pirate Ship - Interested somewhat. Considering the musical theme I can see them incorporating musical notes into the architecture or something creative. As weird and unappealing as the app is (for me, an AFOL) and strange and experimental the theme as a whole feels, I still find the figures highly desirable and the concepts creative as heck. I could see this being a pleasant surprise and I hope it is.

43115 - Stereo - what? Literally what? This large set should be the Candy Castle and a stereo should have been $30. Literally this sounds like such a waste

Edited by cosmic

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Literally this sounds like such a waste

Hard to judge when we haven’t even seen pictures yet...

For a complete set of tiles, is it enough to get every unique set? Or are some tiles only randomly available in the blind boxes, meaning we are forced to get duplicate blindboxes to find the remaining tiles?

21 hours ago, makoy said:

I don't understand why there is not much information for Vidiyo for Asia. A little official information when it will be released will be helpful.

I also noticed it hasn't been released in ASIA, probably to do with the Music Licenses or they want to secure local musics ?

On 3/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, gedren_y said:

New Elementary has a list of the currently available BeatBits. Like Dots, there's going to be more in successive waves.

and it's coming in few months... my wallet can't catch up XD. 

Are there any minifigures in the app that aren't in the sets? If so, what are they? My phone can't run the app so I wouldn't know. Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Are there any minifigures in the app that aren't in the sets? 

There are not, but the app does list the musical genres to which each Minifig belongs: 
 - "Candy Pop": Mermaid, Ice Cream, Cheerleader 
 - "Pirate Punk": Pirate, Shark 
 - "ETDM": Alien DJ, Alien Keytarist 
 - "Tropicon": Llama, Cheetah 
 - "K-Pawp": Unicorn, Bunny 
 - "Robo Hiphop": Robot 
 - "Samurap": Samurapper, Red Panda 
 - "Fantasy Folk": Genie 
 - "Discowboy": Cowboy 
 - "Monster Metal": Banshee, Werewolf 

On 3/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, badbob001 said:

For a complete set of tiles, is it enough to get every unique set? Or are some tiles only randomly available in the blind boxes, meaning we are forced to get duplicate blindboxes to find the remaining tiles?

Nope, it’s not enough to get each unique set. There are two exclusive tiles in each beatbox and 1 exclusive in each bandmate. The other 14 tiles in the beatbox and 2 in the bandmates are random. 
 Currently I have all the Bandmates plus 3 beatboxes and I have  41/82 non-exclusive tiles, plus 20 duplicates. So unless the next three beatboxes I get have 14 non-duplicates, I’m not going to get a complete set of tiles without buying from Bricklink. 

(For reference, that’s a 50% duplicate rate :cry_happy:)

It is possible, though, as a full set of bandmates and beatboxes would net you 108 non-exclusive beatbits, but it’s a chance so low it’s about as likely as aliens coming tomorrow. 

Edited by Lego-fire

On 3/9/2021 at 6:29 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

There are not, but the app does list the musical genres to which each Minifig belongs: 
 - "Candy Pop": Mermaid, Ice Cream, Cheerleader 
 - "Pirate Punk": Pirate, Shark 
 - "ETDM": Alien DJ, Alien Keytarist 
 - "Tropicon": Llama, Cheetah 
 - "K-Pawp": Unicorn, Bunny 
 - "Robo Hiphop": Robot 
 - "Samurap": Samurapper, Red Panda 
 - "Fantasy Folk": Genie 
 - "Discowboy": Cowboy 
 - "Monster Metal": Banshee, Werewolf 

Thanks, the image that came with the press release about the minifig genres seemed to reference minifigs not in the beatboxes or bandmate series, so those might show up in the summer wave.

I still wonder why they decided to release two Bandmates series so close to each other

Why not release all of them at once?

I wonder if the second wave will be just like the first one or maybe they could be brick built characters to go with the minifigures? Similar to the Mario blind bags

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

Thanks, the image that came with the press release about the minifig genres seemed to reference minifigs not in the beatboxes or bandmate series, so those might show up in the summer wave.

It does - Pirate Punk sea creatures (which could be referring to the Shark Singer), ETDM "Slime Singer" and "Rave Aliens", Tropicon Flamingo dancers, K-Pawp cats, and Robo Hiphop Cyborgs and "Dance Drones". I hope that we get at least some of these in the 2HY wave. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if the second wave will be just like the first one or maybe they could be brick built characters to go with the minifigures? Similar to the Mario blind bags

I think that there is still a lot of potential for Minifig characters, so it will probably be like Series 1. 
Some ideas, for example: 
 - The ETDM "Slime Singer" with a head similar to the Alien Conquest Clingers, a two-headed alien singer, a four-armed alien guitarist (or drummer, alternatively), a classic "Little Green Men"-style alien with a larger head than the Grey CMF and mid-legs. 
 - A Pirate Punk octopus drummer and crab dancer, a Robo Hiphop cyborg DJ with a moulded head/hair-faceplate combination piece, the Tropicon "Flamingo Dancer" (with a new mould similar to the Pyro Viper heads). 
 - A Fantasy Folk fairy singer (possibly with mid-legs), a Discowboy cowgirl dancer with a recoloured lasso (white, perhaps?) and a hat-hair combo piece
 - A zombie guitarist for Monster Metal (using Kai's Island hair in dark grey with a black headband), a K-Pawp cat (reusing the Cheetah/Red Panda head in white, for a Hello Kitty-style look). 
 - A Samurap or K-Pawp panda, a Monster Metal vampire DJ (the idea of a vampire being a famous DJ, since they always stay awake all night, is fun and fits the tone of the theme), a Tropicon hula dancer, etc. 

I started to like the whole BeatBox Concept.  Price aside, I found it a very good way to display the minifgure and can easily modify to other themes.  And on a plus side, all 6 minifigures are great.  Good that most of the shops here are selling at 15% off at least.  

The beat boxes are somehow more boring the more I see of them. I agree they’re good to display the figures, and I’ll use them for that. But admittedly I am only buying these for the figures themselves so I hope the actual sets coming this summer are impressive. This summer wave is likely the last wave of the theme, I’d be surprised if it lasts longer but definitely don’t see this sticking around. Hope they just carry the creativity of these designs over to the regular cmf series.

Been seeing TV ads for Vidiyo here in Australia, LEGO is clearly trying to push this line hard.

Has anyone seen the beatbox container being used on a moc yet? It seems like it could be used as a robot head (either as a minifigure cockpit or a space helmet for a smaller robot head).

4 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Has anyone seen the beatbox container being used on a moc yet? It seems like it could be used as a robot head (either as a minifigure cockpit or a space helmet for a smaller robot head).

Yes, here you go.

He also did one of the rubber band.

(NOT MINE!)

Edited by Murdoch17

Has anybody had any experiece with the app on Android?

I installed the app, it went well, I started the app, and I chose the cowboy as a test.

But when I activated the "horse" tile, the screen just became white. 

And I could do nothing!

So I had to restart my phone, and of course I immediately uninstalled the app again - I dont want apps that breaks my phone.

I'm finding the app disappointing and clunky. The minifigs are what I'm most interested in so that's not really tragic, but it is making me second guess whether to get some of the beatboxes and bandmates for my niece's birthday since I don't think she's going to have the patience to use it much.

Edited by mscott71

^^^
same, I stopped by Target last night and saw TWO untouched boxes. Got all 12, even though the character order placement was opposite from reported case distributions. Also saved $10 with the promo the store had.

Edited by skelliesgang

I’m starting to think I should just get an entire row of an untouched box and sell the 3 figures I don’t want because its the safest way to not get randoms and prevents repeats. I just hope I have an easy time selling them later on.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, skelliesgang said:

^^^
same, I stopped by Target last night and saw TWO untouched boxes. Got all 12, even though the character order placement was opposite from reported case distributions. Also saved $10 with the promo the store had.

Good deal. :thumbup:

Not to beat a dead horse but...

https://brickset.com/article/58772/has-vidiyo-flopped-already

I think I would only get certain figures at around 5 bucks. It's like dimensions. Cool figures, but never even considered getting one of them. At one point they were on clearance so hard: the bigger sets I could get for like 15 bucks and the minifigure packs were like CMF's, even though they also included builds. In some stores here they still can be seen lying around.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok