Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

Hmm interesting but I doubt that's it. 

It would be interesting to see of there are more reports of this

Someone with a whole box could easily confirm this

1 hour ago, Brickey34 said:

It looks like on the blind boxes, there may be some identifying mark that will tell you who's inside. Picked one up today and saw the code 2R1 on the tape on the side of the box. All of the other boxes had different numbers, i.e. 3R1, 4R1 and one other box had the same number as the one I bought, 2R1. Anyway, if this holds up 2R1 is the wolfman. Here's a picture: 

https://imgur.com/a/qMVQ6Vm

Anybody else snag one yet and see the code? 

Aren't those the codes that all seals have? I think they usually represent some sort of production date and lot, but I am unsure.

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Aren't those the codes that all seals have? I think they usually represent some sort of production date and lot, but I am unsure.

Can we keep a track of them here to see if there’s any correlation 

The codes on the tape seem to be a quality control code for the machine doing the boxing. The code 51R8 can be clearly seen in one of @Megbricks opening videos on IG (Bunny), But with the if the codes are corelated in an unopened box of 24, there may be a way, but only between the ones that came in the same box. That is if the earlier leak of box position (quoted from another thread below) is accurate. Given these are blind boxes, not bags, their position should be quite consistent. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, AmperZand said:

Don't know if this is OT, but according to Brick Fanatics, the order of the Vidiyo minifigures in each display box is:

BACK

1. Werewolf
  2. Red Panda
  3. Discowboy
  4. Cheetah
  5. Samurapper
  6. Shark
  7. Banshee
  8. Cheerleader
  9. Genie
  10. Alien
  11. Bunny
  12. Ice Cream

FRONT

In the display box, there are two side-by-side columns of 12 minifigures each as laid out above, for a total of 24 minifigures per display box.

It is unknown whether the order above will be consistent across markets and over time. If you have acquired a display box, please let us know.

If you're after specific minifigures, this method of identifying them has the additional problem that it only works with a fresh display box.  

The sets are great and the designs are really cool, but it is a bit expensive for what you get. I am definitely looking forward to see more Vidiyo sets in the future.

Hope the distribution is consistent. This Series is a must have for me.  They laughed when I asked for a werewolf barber but we are receiving a Red Panda musician and a bunny girl!! My dreams have come true :pir-love:

a tad expensive but not unique to this  Series. I believe inflation is to blame? For why it’s no longer 3.99 remember thinking that was a bit steep. Didn’t Series 1 go for $1.99? If only...

On 2/27/2021 at 10:58 AM, Megbricks said:

Got my first chance to get some VIDIYO sets! 
they were at my Walmart on an end cap mixed with puzzles. They looked like they were just thrown there.  
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxlvhlpUOA/?igshid=omtxe8xb8zke

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxlyGqJxfm/?igshid=7olm1xik6xm9

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLx3DK1JGNs/?igshid=1qg1r9x4mmi2v

Very happy so far!:)

These are really great haul. Also, I found the transparent main case piece (65128) from your IG account.

I have been looking for more information about. Great work for reporting these!

Just ordered a box of the figures from one of my favourite stores. They had a good discount, and it means I am guaranteed a full set. The beat boxes I will wait to find locally.

11 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The sets are great and the designs are really cool, but it is a bit expensive for what you get. I am definitely looking forward to see more Vidiyo sets in the future.

The PPP gets much better in the summer don’t worry. Although there will be an additional 2 beatboxes with similar PPP, the rest will be fine. 

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

The PPP gets much better in the summer don’t worry. Although there will be an additional 2 beatboxes with similar PPP but the rest is fine. 

True, but the volume of stuff you get for the money still doesn't feel great.

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

True, but the volume of stuff you get for the money still doesn't feel great.

I agree, I really only want the Robot minifigure parts :grin: 

Might invest in one just to see if there’s any other uses with the new pieces similar to what @Megbricks has been doing on Instagram.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Released this morning, and these are already on offer in the UK. Beatboxes are £11.99 at Smyths and Amazon instead of the £17.99 LEGO set as the RRP.

Edited by MAB

11 hours ago, makoy said:

These are really great haul. Also, I found the transparent main case piece (65128) from your IG account.

I have been looking for more information about. Great work for reporting these!

Thanks. I live new pieces and I will try to play more with new pieces and find interesting use

I can confirm the case ordering is not always like what’s been stated, unfortunately. Tried for ice cream and samurai, got cheerleader and wolf man. So disappointed. 

On both Youtube and Amazon trying to search for vidiyo gets autocorrected to video, so you have to click the small option to really search what you typed. Seems bad for promotion of the theme.

Anyone tried the app yet?

I can't share any clips cause you need to sign in to lego.com via the app but keep getting errors about disabled cookies in my browser even though all cookies are enabled. So frustrating.

Otherwise, the video making have been fun and the bit beat effects from the tiles are pretty cool. Will be a lot of variety to play with as you collect more tiles and there are some great song titles already.

Does a thorough checklist for the tiles exist, in the app, or elsewhere?

Our do we need to start cross checking collections here?

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

14 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

I can confirm the case ordering is not always like what’s been stated, unfortunately. Tried for ice cream and samurai, got cheerleader and wolf man. So disappointed. 

Did you record what code was written on the tape seal?

The thing to remember in regards to the price of these (especially the larger boxes) is that some of the money covers the cost of the music licensing, some of the money covers the cost of developing and maintaining the app, some of the money covers the cost of running and moderating the app (the whole approval process for uploaded content etc) and some of the money has to cover all those new molds in the series (and I bet a lot of the new head/headgear elements need the kind of molds that are more complex and expensive to make)

That said, if I can find a way to get the blind figs with at least some chance of getting the ones I want and not the ones I don't (or at least being sure I won't get any doubles) I might try and snag some of the blind figs (the alien, the cheerleader, the genie for that cool tambourine and maybe that cowboy). Not going to buy the boxes unless I can snag them at a decent discount (and even then I am only interested maybe in the pirate and the mermaid)

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Did you record what code was written on the tape seal?

No there was a line to get into the lego store, didn’t want to hold people up. I did however go back and grab a whole set of them with a friend later, so I can probably figure out if there’s different tape codes or if they’re all the same per box.

5 hours ago, jonwil said:

The thing to remember in regards to the price of these (especially the larger boxes) is that some of the money covers the cost of the music licensing, some of the money covers the cost of developing and maintaining the app, some of the money covers the cost of running and moderating the app (the whole approval process for uploaded content etc) and some of the money has to cover all those new molds in the series (and I bet a lot of the new head/headgear elements need the kind of molds that are more complex and expensive to make)

In regards to those points, the app is glitchy and missing many features it would need to be what they want it to be and just isn’t fun because of it. the licensed music cannot fully play as the videos are capped at 1 minute, making their inclusion a strange choice. The moderation is poor already, allowing videos blatantly against the rules in regards to what is shown on screen to pass through. they’re ALREADY reusing the molds for some of the characters in the first series with the cat and the red panda, 2 animals which do not work with the same mold.

I love the figs for this theme but as a whole it’s just not worth the money for anything but the cmf, and No excuse for WHY they cost so much has appeared that actually justifies the cost! If you’re paying that much, the app should have a full fledged video editor and the ability to let you listen to all the music separately offline, and a way to download your vids to your device at the very least. As it is it’s just a special effects spam app with no actual merit.

6 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

No there was a line to get into the lego store, didn’t want to hold people up. I did however go back and grab a whole set of them with a friend later, so I can probably figure out if there’s different tape codes or if they’re all the same per box.

Thank you.

Did we talk about the leaked set prices for the rest of the year?

43108 - $4.99

43109 - $19.99

43110 - $19.99

43111 - $29.99

43112 - $29.99 

43113 - $49.99

43114 - $59.99

43115 - $99.99

I have to say if these are true I am incredibly surprised by the prices. With such a new theme I was not expecting an entire wave like this? Its a size able wave with decent prices. With how out there the concepts were for a lot of the characters and the nature of a boom box set with in-app features, I have no expectations for these sets. Ice-Cream Mermaids inside Beat-Boxes that serve play features for a phone game came out of left field for me. These sets can be absolutely anything. Just shocked they invested so many new moulds AND heavy set prices to such a new theme. I think there were rumors of a stage? Very excited to see what this is.