Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Seems like hot glue used on a display piece at a Lego store.

Oh I see I see... 

Could have been done better IMO

Thanks!

Edited by Robert8

On 2/8/2021 at 4:04 AM, The Brick Rat said:

Found this on Instagram:

Vidiyo (coming March 2021)

43101: MF wave 1 (11 pcs.) $4.99

43102: Mermaid (71 pcs.) $19.99

43103: Pirate (73 pcs.) $19.99

43104: Alien (73 pcs.) $19.99

43105: Llama (82 pcs.) $19.99

43106: Unicorn (84 pcs.) $19.99

43107: Robot (73 pcs.) $19.99

We’ve now seen every minifigure of this wave one way or another. What’s every one’s favourite? Mine is the samurai and cowboy from the bandmates series.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

After seeing those pictures I have zero interest in the Beat Boxes.  As for the blind boxes I may take my chances for one or two but I'll be looking elsewhere to see if I can get the handful I want at reasonable prices.

13 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We’ve now seen every minifigure of this wave one way or another. What’s every one’s favourite? Mine is the samurai and cowboy from the bandmates series.

Funny, your favorite 2 are among the only 3 I disliked in the series, along with the pom pom girl.  In the beat boxes, the mermaid for sure. In the minifigure series, easily the Genie, but the yellow leopard (?) bunny girl and mohawk shark are all must haves. The bunny girl reminds me of Fabuland and older cartoons and she has a strong nostalgic feel that makes her so unique. The yellow leopard reminds me of the mascots at Dandy Bear when I was a kid and the Mohawk Shark is so whacky. Its a shame they come in boxes I was very interested in this series.

Edited by cosmic

I love the pirate! He's like a heavy metal/punk rock pirate and that anchor guitar is fantastic. I could totally see this guy playing Alestorm.

I'm really hoping we'll be able to figure out what's in the blind boxes because I really want that shark. 

Edited by ToaDraco

Definitely gonna get the llama beatbox to give the theme a try, after that I'll probably only get any others if I find a good sale. As for the bandmates, my only 2 must haves are the shark and ice cream guys. Id love to get them all, but unless there are different QR codes, I just cant see it happening for me.

Some of these are really cool! And have we seen all of them? If we’re assuming the blue and white robot from a while back is the Alien Beat Box, then fine, but I don’t think I’ve seen a Unicorn Beat Box? Other than that, though, yeah I think I’ve seen everything. The gold robot with the extra arms is definitely a standout for me. He looks great, and so does the epynonymous llama. I’m probably going to get those two to start with, and use eBay or BrickLink to pick out a few of the Bandmates. The Mohawk Shark’s definitely an important one, and I also like the Genie Girl a lot.

Wait, Nevermind, found the unicorn and she’s gorgeous. I want that one too!

Has anyone seen the Lady Dimitrescu memes? 

Because that mermaid is kind of tall......  :laugh:

12 hours ago, cosmic said:

Funny, your favorite 2 are among the only 3 I disliked in the series, along with the pom pom girl.  In the beat boxes, the mermaid for sure. In the minifigure series, easily the Genie, but the yellow leopard (?) bunny girl and mohawk shark are all must haves. The bunny girl reminds me of Fabuland and older cartoons and she has a strong nostalgic feel that makes her so unique. The yellow leopard reminds me of the mascots at Dandy Bear when I was a kid and the Mohawk Shark is so whacky. Its a shame they come in boxes I was very interested in this series.

To be fair, I really like the robot as well. If I end up buying the shark I’ll buy the pirate but only if I buy Mohawk Shark. I would have preferred the price of £14.99 for the beatboxes as opposed to £17.99.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Has anyone seen the Lady Dimitrescu memes

Because that mermaid is kind of tall......  :laugh:

:grin:

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

To be fair, I really like the robot as well. If I end up buying the shark I’ll buy the pirate but only if I buy Mohawk Shark. I would have preferred the price of £14.99 for the beatboxes as opposed to £17.99.

:grin:

Agreed, from what we’ve seen of the beatboxes $20 seems just a bit too steep.  Considering all the new molds it makes some sense but I think a $5 difference would mean a lot. Gonna have to wait till they go on clearance perhaps.

For sure its a more unique take on CMF'like figurs. But it's just too much with 20$. I would really like Lego to succeed with their "new" products aka Mario and so on. But does it have to be so expensive?

10$ would be in range of similar sets (like Ninjago spinners). I see another failure like dimensions where we get them at one point for 70% off (I never purchased dimensions until they showed up in stores with 40 to 90 (!!) % sale).

^I agree. I see these being lowered in price like LEGO did with the Brickhead Mosaics and no one noticing. These will be less than $8 within 6 months. Stores won't want to waste the shelf space.

$10 NinjaGo Arcades got you TWO figures.
$20 for a figure and 16 random printed pieces. LEGO can go MegaBlocks themselves.

Edited by Maple

How can the sets be 20€ if the Blindboxes are 5€? Like how are a few more printed pieces worth 15€?

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

How can the sets be 20€ if the Blindboxes are 5€? Like how are a few more printed pieces worth 15€?

The big bulky molds apparently.

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Agreed, from what we’ve seen of the beatboxes $20 seems just a bit too steep.  Considering all the new molds it makes some sense but I think a $5 difference would mean a lot. Gonna have to wait till they go on clearance perhaps.

I must add, it's extremely rare I say a set is priced too high in relation to the PPP ratio.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I wish Lego really all the success with this - I'm not the selected consumer for this stuff anyway. But I already see many parents going in between shelves and thinking: I can buy several similar toys for 2-10 bucks, electronic games for their consoles which will distract the kids for weeks or at least some small set/CMF/Ninjago spinner thingy.

I loved the Lego movie 2's more feminine theme, I loved the shift in sets, I loved the Elves theme and I think many techniques and parts came from this theme. But Elves was failing in its last years, the "girls" Super heroes theme never worked, The Lego Movie 2 sets just underperformed massively and did not open new demografic. I'm happy for every person that will start to like Lego because it gets more diverse and modern - and I dont know; maybe the music stuff here will work out; Im not a prophet.

...but I just don't see it happening at this price. Any superficial interaction via scanning tiles or whatever is worth 20 $. No matter how nice the box is.

So please Lego, be more realistic. Maybe many people would be open to something like "CMF+" sets. But not for 5 times the original price for just one figure. For 3 of them you could buy complete sets of CMF's.

If they would give you the option for a small but well built scenery at least...

But it's just a plastic box and printed tiles...

51 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

So please Lego, be more realistic. Maybe many people would be open to something like "CMF+" sets. But not for 5 times the original price for just one figure. For 3 of them you could buy complete sets of CMF's.

I honestly don't think parents or child care that much for CMFs anymore, and LEGO switching to 12 might prove that. The DC CMF was an epic fail. The boxes were ebign sold for half off on Walmart and Amazon. Walmart sells the figures for $3.44 instead of $5.

LEGO inflates the prices 20% because Walmart and Target sell sets a lot of the time for 20% off. Even so this is a new level of insane.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I must add, it's extremely rare I say a set is priced too high in relation to the PPP ratio.

To add to that, this is an especially risky theme to price sets so high for. Not only do fans have no connection with the source material, the blind boxes push financially cautious costumers away, but its being released during troubling economic times globally. Lego has already made some pretty bad decisions with this theme and honestly its a shame because the designs are so good, making them blind bags and lowering the set prices just a little would do so much for the sales, at least I reason that to be the case.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Walmart sells the figures for $3.44 instead of $5.

That is no longer the case. Harry Potter series 2 and Series 21 were both $4.99 this past Wednesday. Series 20 got scanned the same as the DC series, which was priced at $3.44.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

I honestly don't think parents or child care that much for CMFs anymore, and LEGO switching to 12 might prove that. The DC CMF was an epic fail. The boxes were ebign sold for half off on Walmart and Amazon. Walmart sells the figures for $3.44 instead of $5.

All other accounts suggest the opposite, that the DC series sold well, and at the very least was not an epic fail. Lego gave a reason for the switch to 12 from 16, and I believe it involved acknowledging that some people buy a full box, and the new ones contain full sets rather than mixed numbers.

Ya those pods are not at all worth $20. I had originally expected the $20 sets to be brick built stages for the minifigs with lighting and sound systems, not a small little container made up of almost entirely 2 pieces. These absolutely should be $10-$13. It's so unfortunate that these are what the theme is built around when the collectible figures are so good. At least the cmf is priced like any other but it's sadly not going to be enough to keep the line afloat. Unless there's something LEGO's keeping close to the vest that'll knock our socks off, sadly this seems like it'll be a one and done. At least we'll get some cool parts and figures out of the deal. 

The Beatbox containers seem to be comprised of at least three new molds (plus a mold only currently available in one Friends set), the interior stage two more, and the figs seem to get 1-2 new molds each. Add to that a number of unique printed tiles for each figure, and the price doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The Beatbox containers seem to be comprised of at least three new molds (plus a mold only currently available in one Friends set), the interior stage two more, and the figs seem to get 1-2 new molds each. Add to that a number of unique printed tiles for each figure, and the price doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Even if we as AFOLs can rationalise the price, that doesn't make the price good or appealing weighed against the product casually viewed on the shelf, and it's patently unappealing.

What other people seem to be leaving out of this discussion is that these Beatboxes are necessary for the app. You might be able to do some things, but a lot more comes from the Beatbits (aka tiles) and possibly scanning the Beatbox Minifigures themselves somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if they function much like Dimensions - these are like the story/level packs that unlock a lot of content each, while the Bandmates are like funpacks which add on a bit of extra functionality and dressing.

Yet, you can guess how that might go. TikTok is basically free to be creative. LEGO's tiktok costs more and more and more, and yeah there's a little bit of physical product involved, but only a little bit.