Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

Which is absolutely what I want. I hope there is a full horror themed group. Makes me wonder if that grey alien dude is actually apart of that crew. 

Edited by monsterverse13

Like the shark, ghost and wolf figs but no interest in theme itself. With blind boxes and high prices, can’t see me picking these up though tbh.

3 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Where’s the ice cream mermaid? The tail part leaked and she appeared in the trailer, but missing off the series leaflet with 12 figs.

She’s probably in an actual set. From all the leaks and promo there seems to be something bigger to buy. The llama, two aliens, and mermaid are missing. 

Edited by monsterverse13

21 minutes ago, monsterverse13 said:

She’s probably in an actual set. From all the leaks and promo there seems to be something bigger to buy. The llama, two aliens, and mermaid are missing. 

I’m confused now. There’s actually sets as well as blind minfig boxes?

This guy can join the werewolf and the ghost then

Image result for lego monster rocker

Just now, Lucarex said:

I’m confused now. There’s actually sets as well as blind minfig boxes?

Yes. The Alien, Robot, Llama and Mermaid we already saw all come in sets

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This guy can join the werewolf and the ghost then

Image result for lego monster rocker

Yes. The Alien, Robot, Llama and Mermaid we already saw all come in sets

Yes! It will be like monster band from Universal Studios from back in the day. 

Can someone explain?

So there will be 10$ sets, inderpendent of these? And these will be like a CMF but with what and how expensive? For a moment there I thought it will just be CMF for 10$ but no way to feel them for all of these...

I really like the Werewolf but I really hope there's some way of still identifying collectable minifigures if they are in boxes, even if there's just a set pattern to look for (I remember hearing that there were apparently 3 complete sets in a box for Series 21). If there's seriously no way of identifying particular minifigures then I'll probably only buy series I wouldn't mind getting any figure of, which would probably limit by CMF spending to just licensed series like Harry Potter, Disney and Marvel. 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Since this theme is intended to be used with a pattern recognition type app, these could be identified with it. Incentive to download the app would be key to the success of the intent behind the idea.

The Wolf and Ghost are pretty great looking, though the blind boxes pretty much guarantees I won’t watch buy any directly. Will try and pick up those two off Bricklink though.

Hopefully this doesn’t become the standard for all blind figures.

Other companies do blind boxes, and what happens is they get ripped open in-store and the contents strewn all over the shelves. Yes, it happens with the CMF bags as well, but no where near as often.

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Can someone explain?

So there will be 10$ sets, inderpendent of these? And these will be like a CMF but with what and how expensive? For a moment there I thought it will just be CMF for 10$ but no way to feel them for all of these...

Found this on Instagram:

Vidiyo (coming March 2021)

43101: MF wave 1 (11 pcs.) $4.99

43102: Mermaid (71 pcs.) $19.99

43103: Pirate (73 pcs.) $19.99

43104: Alien (73 pcs.) $19.99

43105: Llama (82 pcs.) $19.99

43106: Unicorn (84 pcs.) $19.99

43107: Robot (73 pcs.) $19.99

That unicorn figure was also leaked a while back. Maybe the horror figs are matching a more heavy metal kinda music ? I think the two bones with the werewolf are representing drumsticks

1 hour ago, Borex said:

That unicorn figure was also leaked a while back. Maybe the horror figs are matching a more heavy metal kinda music ? I think the two bones with the werewolf are representing drumsticks

Maybe the pirate is in fact a zombie pirate? Otherwise the two horror Bandmates have no main beatbox to partner up with unless the horror beatbox comes in summer because we have two more of the beatboxes in summer.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

When I first saw the skate park from the City line I thought "I love that punk rock shark, if that was a minifig I'd buy it!" Well it turns out it is and I absolutely will! Too bad it's in a blind box, so that's frustrating. If there's not a way to figure out which figure is in the box, I'll probably just get him off bricklink. I also like the werewolf and ghost. I'm very happy to see they're covering a wide range of music because I'm a metalhead and listen to nothing but rock. I was worried this theme would just be covering the "pop" I can't stand. I have zero interest in the wannabe tiktok aspect of this theme but the minifigs and printed album cover tiles are fantastic. I think this theme definitely has the potential for greater staying power than some of LEGO's similar past endeavors thanks to the variety and the inherent value of the figures themselves. You can completely ignore the companion app and miss nothing because the whole theme is essentially a minifig series with a couple of sets with extra bricks. Plus the whole theme is extremely cheap.

Blind boxes with no way of identifying the figure? Really hope this is a miscommunication because who wants to throw money until they finally get the figure they desire. Sounds so wasteful. With the CMF series, we have our hands to feel the shape of the figures pieces to figure out if our desired character is in a bag. With blind boxes it’s like, a risk of buying the product. And with the theme being unlicensed many people won’t see the necessity to finish this series in the way they’d feel compelled to finish a Marvel or Harry Potter series.

really hope that as we learn more this series sounds more appealing. Also what kind of sets would the Mermaid come in? I’m assuming the only type of sets we’ll receive  for this theme is the boom boxes correct? I’m so confused about this line all I hope is i can get these figures in an affordable fashion bc I really like most designs. The pom pom girl is a little tired though because her exact hair piece has been used already in the Ninjago cmf and her face print is a little unflattering imo as well as her having a less than refreshing color scheme. Would have loved for them to give us that hairpiece in maybe a shade of green and pink or orange. Her color scheme does her no favors. The yellow fox is definitely a standout and the Bellatrix looking ghost is okay. But they need to make these figures accessible because this theme is not going to be in high demand for people to just buy multiples of a blind box all willy nilly during a pandemic and without way of identifying the character. These figures are good, but not that good. Let’s see how this plays out.

The products will be released 1st March so they will be revealed officially any day now so hopefully most of our questions should be answered.

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The products will be released 1st March so they will be revealed officially any day now so hopefully most of our questions should be answered.

Looking like it's going to be sometime next week for the reveals :) 

What throws me off is I believe, I was just clarified that vidiyo will have a cmf series. Looking back at the reveal flyer that showed all the characters, it has a total of 12, just like a CMF series. It was also described as blind boxes but looking now its  probably a standard cmf series. What confuses me about that is, I kniw we had a scheduled Looney Tunes, Marvel, and regular series.

Is the Vidiyo cmf taking up the slot of the unlicensed minfig series this year? And then, the only sets we are getting is the beatboxes correct? Unless these 12 figures are the beatboxes. Then would the actual sets we receive for this theme have normal builds, or will they all be something small and repetitive? I’m looking forward for answers. 

6 hours ago, Lucarex said:

It’s a red panda.

Fourth figure from the start, right next to the Mohawk Shark, over the ghost woman. Surprised its a red panda just looked yellow to me. Either way he’s my favorite. Honestly this entire series harkens back to complaints  I had about series 21. i complained that series 21 had too many city figures that looked basic and not collectible, and I debated with a few guys in that thread how a cmf series is more exciting when it has unique concepts and less standard looking figures. Low and behold here we have a Mohawk shark, a one eyed alien pianist, a break dancing bunny, a pink genie, and an ice cream headed man with cone pants. Everything I wanted out of a series is present here.the anthropomorphic animals, the non human characters occupying “normal” roles (alien pianist, werewolf drummer, saxophone playing ice cream man) the unique head molds the unusual combination of pieces. This series is really good imo. So good.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Is the Vidiyo cmf taking up the slot of the unlicensed minfig series this year? 

I see the reason they went to 12 was so they could accommodate secondary series, like the Unikitty and Mario ones. We're likely not going to see a Mario series 3 for a bit and it'll be Vidiyo instead taking that spot. 

3 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I see the reason they went to 12 was so they could accommodate secondary series, like the Unikitty and Mario ones. We're likely not going to see a Mario series 3 for a bit and it'll be Vidiyo instead taking that spot. 

I agree with your first statement, I still think we will see Mario Series 3 in summer.

10 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Looking like it's going to be sometime next week for the reveals :) 

What makes you say that?

12 hours ago, cosmic said:

What throws me off is I believe, I was just clarified that vidiyo will have a cmf series. Looking back at the reveal flyer that showed all the characters, it has a total of 12, just like a CMF series. It was also described as blind boxes but looking now its  probably a standard cmf series. What confuses me about that is, I kniw we had a scheduled Looney Tunes, Marvel, and regular series.

Is the Vidiyo cmf taking up the slot of the unlicensed minfig series this year? And then, the only sets we are getting is the beatboxes correct? Unless these 12 figures are the beatboxes. Then would the actual sets we receive for this theme have normal builds, or will they all be something small and repetitive? I’m looking forward for answers.

Vidiyo is its own thing and won't be taking any of the standard cmf slots.

Those are:

January 1: Series 21 CMF

May 1: Looney Tunes CMF

Sept. 1: Marvel CMF

In March the Vidiyo theme will release 43101 Bandmates series 1 cmf at $4.99 and 6 Beat Box sets at $19.99.

In June it appears there will be 2 more Beat Box sets plus 5 regular type sets (I don't know what they will be but have read that at least one will be a large stage).

Finally, in October there is set 43108 which is listed as 12 pieces (my guess is that it will be Bandmates series 2).

My knowledge of sets and release times comes from Promobricks (guesses are my own).

Fourth figure from the start, right next to the Mohawk Shark, over the ghost woman. Surprised its a red panda just looked yellow to me. Either way he’s my favorite.

The red panda is right below the shark, next to the banshee. The yellow figure you are talking about has been called a tiger by some, but from the photo of the box front I think it's supposed to be a cheetah.

Edited by The Brick Rat

11 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

Vidiyo is its own thing and won't be taking any of the standard cmf slots.

Those are:

January 1: Series 21 CMF

May 1: Looney Tunes CMF

Sept. 1: Marvel CMF

In March the Vidiyo theme will release 43101 Bandmates series 1 cmf at $4.99 and 6 Beat Box sets at $19.99.

In June it appears there will be 2 more Beat Box sets plus 5 regular type sets (I don't know what they will be but have read that at least one will be a large stage).

Finally, in October there is set 43108 which is listed as 12 pieces (my guess is that it will be Bandmates series 2).

My knowledge of sets and release times comes from Promobricks (guesses are my own).

The red panda is right below the shark, next to the banshee. The yellow figure you are talking about has been called a tiger by some, but from the photo of the box front I think it's supposed to be a cheetah.

Or leopard