Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

Looks like more Vidiyo figs have leaked. Even if the theme doesn’t end up appealing to me, the figs do...a literal ice-cream man!

Wow! For some reason I wasn’t expecting that. And that’s just me (what i had made up in my head) I was expecting the bandmates to be from the same mold as the one from the beatboxes but with different prints. I guess I thought of that because I wasn’t expecting they would make so many new molds!!! 
these will be like “tribes” I guess, like the ice cream crew etc.. they will probably have a specific color scheme per tribe from what I can see. 

these give me a fabuland vibe for some reason. More in the sens that: we have minifigs, then we have minidolls and then we have these!?

I mean I just woke up and saw it because someone sent it to me. I am just surprised but I know I will want them all in multiples.  Can’t wait to see the others.  We need more than 10!!

The minifigs look awesome. Almost like civilians from an unlicensed Space theme. Well, not sure about Ice Cream guy.

Also is Vidiyo really "licensed"? Also can we rename this thread so I can actually find it? The theme is Vidiyo right?

Jesus those figures are interesing.... 

But I'm going to rename this thread as LEGO Furry 2021 

Yeah, I gotta say too, was already impressed with the first two minifigures. But damn, the next four look really good! Definitely getting more and even more intrigued with this theme now.

16 hours ago, danth said:

Also is Vidiyo really "licensed"? 

That's a good question. It seems to me that Vidiyo could be a joint brainchild of both LEGO and Universal, something like Mixels and Cartoon Network. That does sound original enough for me. So yeah depending on this and how sets turn out, I might actually add this to the list of original themes I'm planning to get.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But I'm going to rename this thread as LEGO Furry 2021 

Haha! That's a good one! :laugh: :thumbup: 

Edit - Holy smokes, it actually happened haha!

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

By the way, what set are these from?

Because the alien set only had the alien himself 

I wonderOkay, these minifigures are awesome! Vidiyo gets my attention more than ever! But which sets these furry figures come from? 

We know about the existing info but are they additional to sets other than alien, robot, ice cream mermaid? 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

By the way, what set are these from?

Because the alien set only had the alien himself 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonderOkay, these minifigures are awesome! Vidiyo gets my attention more than ever! But which sets these furry figures come from? 

We know about the existing info but are they additional to sets other than alien, robot, ice cream mermaid? 

From what I understand these new 4 could be from the vidiyo CMF called bandmates. 

A new image of the llama and a new leak of a Geenie are out. I was reading the comments and someone said :

as far as we know there are two similar themed minifig per set. 

now I don’t know if this is true. It could help understand the pieces count but I never read/heard that anywhere. Anyone heard this?

Edited by Megbricks

9 hours ago, Megbricks said:

From what I understand these new 4 could be from the vidiyo CMF called bandmates. 

Yes and if that's true there will be a second series in summer.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes and if that's true there will be a second series in summer.

Yes i hope!!! We’ll  know soon:)

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Genie is excellent!

These look even superior to the CMF level of printing

They are very nice!

I see that you guys changed the topic from (aka vidiyo) to (aka furry). Furry is probably a reference that you guys have to another toy line!? I never heard of furry before this is why I ask. 

Another simple question. (I looked too much at the leaks) :) do you guys think/ see like me that the “dripping” of the cone looks to be a separate piece? Like the bowtie piece?  I am asking because I am wondering what would be the use of it on another minifigs since it seems to fit the head that is not standard size...

Just now, gedren_y said:

People, there is a very adult connotation for the term 'Furry.'

If you say so

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

People, there is a very adult connotation for the term 'Furry.'

There is only a "Very Adult" connotation for it if you search for a very adult connotation for it.
'Furry' is fine man

This theme has some wild figures. But what's even more suprising to me is the detail and amount of arm-printing on these figures.

4 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

There is only a "Very Adult" connotation for it if you search for a very adult connotation for it.
'Furry' is fine man

This theme has some wild figures. But what's even more suprising to me is the detail and amount of arm-printing on these figures.

From my personal experience, it's all over the place, since the definition is basically just "anthropomorphic animal". Still, it might be better to remain professional, but that's not up to me.

So these figs can have arm and leg printing and so many figs who really need it won’t :-(

anyway. I not sure if i like them. It’s too much for me maybe. I like the llama head though, and some other pieces. 

The furry thing is inappropriate only if you make it so.

Even Disney made Zootopia, which, by the way, features a fox guy and a bunny girl

I n t e r e s t i n g ....

Edited by Robert8

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Even Disney made Zootopia, which, by the way, features a fox guy and a bunny girl

I n t e r e s t i n g ....

Preeeeeetty sure what people think is a ‘fox guy’ is actually a ‘Red Panda guy’. This would make sense in internationalising appeal too.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

So the band mates set is a cmf series most likely,right? 

Most likely yes. And if we are correct then we will have 5 CMF Series this year.