Vidiyo (coming March 2021)

43101: MF wave 1 (11 pcs.) $4.99

43102: Mermaid (71 pcs.) $19.99

43103: Pirate (73 pcs.) $19.99

43104: Alien (73 pcs.) $19.99

43105: Llama (82 pcs.) $19.99

43106: Unicorn (84 pcs.) $19.99

43107: Robot (73 pcs.) $19.99

I'm guessing it's accurate since I had seen this well before the mermaid tail and llama pic surfaced.

Umm... Flame yellow llama with teal sunglasses......??? I don’t think there is any reference to real musicians? 

I doubt it because it wouldnt make sense (nor would the musicians be recognisable because they'd still be wearing the disguise without the mask)

It looks like the natural progression of cat videos on YouTube 10 years ago, through tik tok and now this. 

This also means the alien is an actual alien and not a codename. Same with the pirate

I guess this might be interesting for space and pirates fans

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

This also means the alien is an actual alien and not a codename. Same with the pirate

Now that’s odd and interesting. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Yea the pirate does sound exciting,although if he's as colorful as the Llama then he won't fit in with the existing pirate sets.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm betting they won't be much use. 

I like that it is different! I read somewhere that these sets would be kinda like cubes... I can’t help but think that friends cubes have approx 44 pieces and retail here in canada for 14$ so if we get 84 for 20$ (probably more here) then I might not be that bad.

My guess is that the cubes won’t be brick built but maybe something like the Disney princess books et the new dots box. If they are, that means that out of the 85 pieces only +/- 10 are part of “the cube” and hopefully the rest is more like accessories. 

Remember I am only taking guesses here... what if each each of the “mascot” (llama, pirate,alien,mermaid...) is representing one style of music: pirate=rock, alien=pop, mermaid=disco, llama=!?!  

apparently  there will be printed album covers to scan or something... these will likely be real albums.. 

I hat about what seems to be a CMF series 1? Could these be the real artists? Maybe a series of 12 artists?  I don’t know I am just guessing here and this might be whishful thinking on my part. What I do know is that I am very excited for this. Way more than I initially was. 

On 1/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, Gobias1234 said:

I'm excited to see what this is really all about- the two images I have seen already conjures some of the quirky, offbeat feeling that made so much of the Lego Movie charming for me!

As you said, I also get that fun funky vibe from it. I also have a feeling that it will be a mashup of styles and weird printed pieces that won’t really make sense if you think too much about it. it is very different from what we are used to but from a marketing perspective I feel (my opinion) that it makes more sense than juste regular artists by themselves. I mean not many kids would be very excited to get an Elton John minifig.
And I feel it would be hard to build  around only real artists and make it an attractive theme to kids.
I would love to have tons of real artists but I don’t think that it would translate in a fun theme for kids. Again that is my opinion but I feel this is refreshing. 

I feel it will be a good follow up on the rebuild the world campaign. Rebuild, make it funky even if it doesn’t make sense and dance to it. 

Edited by Megbricks

I have absolutely no clue what this is going to be like, but I know I'm probably gonna buy a bunch, and this isn't even my type of theme.

13 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

But why are they so expensive though? 20€ for a set with less than 100 pieces is rather too much. 

Probably have some kind of tech piece in there, similar to the Mario line.

My guess is the wacky minifigs well be for the sets (llama, mermaid, alien etc.), but we could get actual musicians for the "MF Wave 1".

1 hour ago, Mattah12 said:

My guess is the wacky minifigs well be for the sets (llama, mermaid, alien etc.), but we could get actual musicians for the "MF Wave 1".

I think (hope) that too!

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

I have absolutely no clue what this is going to be like, but I know I'm probably gonna buy a bunch, and this isn't even my type of theme.

Probably have some kind of tech piece in there, similar to the Mario line.

I have a feeling I will buy a lot too. I didn’t think about the tech thing.. what could it be...something that lights up?

21 hours ago, Megbricks said:

What about what seems to be a CMF series 1? Could these be the real artists? Maybe a series of 12 artists?  I don’t know I am just guessing here and this might be whishful thinking on my part. What I do know is that I am very excited for this. Way more than I initially was. 

I doubt it will be real artists, probably just more of the same in smaller packs. I imagine you'll scan something and it will take you to a music video where the character dances about. Maybe something a bit like the elf yourself webpage/app where a face is added to a prerecorded video. Or you create and share a dance/music video based on the zany characters.

That graphic of the guy dancing that “leaked” is interesting, makes me even more confused though. I guess January 26th is the day this confusion will be put to rest finally :def_shrug:

I for one love the llama. You can't make a bad llama.

However I will never spend $20 on a llama, that's insane.

Did some digging around in the works computer system and got some official names for some of the sets.

43101 LEGO Bandmates / 43102 Candy Mermaid Beatbox / 43105 Party Llama Beatbox / 43106 Unicorn DJ Beatbox

I really don’t understand why people still think actual musicians will be used. Wouldn’t it be bizzare to have Taylor Swift or ABBA in one set and then a Llama in sunglasses with maracas in the other? :P Plus Swift and ABBA are child friendly examples if they wouldn’t fit how are someone like Ariana Grande or Donna Summer supposed to? :P

I can see Katy Perry dancing next to a bipedal llama with sunglasses

Actually, Im surprised if hasnt happened yet

On 1/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, LOTR34 said:

Yea the pirate does sound exciting,although if he's as colorful as the Llama then he won't fit in with the existing pirate sets.

Yeah, but at least they could introduce interesting molds that can reappear in BAM, IDEAS and and such

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I can see Katy Perry dancing next to a bipedal llama with sunglasses

The sharks would eat the llamas.