Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

LEGO and Universal Music Group (UMG) have announced a partnership to create a new lineup of music-based sets that seek to inspire children to express themselves musically and explore their creativity through interactivity. The music sets will be revealed later this year and are scheduled for launch in 2021.

LEGO-Universal-Music-Group-Partnership-A

Source The Brother Brick

See them at: www.lego.com/themes/vidiyo

Wave 2:

43108 Bandmates Series 2 (4.99 EUR/USD) [launching October 1st]

43109 Metal Dragon BeatBox (19.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43110 Folk Fairy BeatBox (19.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43111 Candy Castle Stage (29.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43112 Robo HipHop Car (29.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43113 K-Pawp Concert (49.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43114 Punk Pirate Ship (59.99 EUR/USD)[June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

43115 The Boombox (99.99 EUR/USD) [June 1st world / Aug 1st US]

Agree

Universal Pictures deal I can understand, but Universal Music??

TLG sure is experimenting a lot these days

I think this will be something interactive like Mario. Call me when they announce a Universal Monsters theme. :laugh:

Edited by Harkonen

Well... maybe a Lady Gaga minifigure?

That could be useful for a witch or sorceress on medieval fantasy MOCs

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't think we are going to get minifigures, it will probably be some gimmick theme like Mario, maybe with a app? 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

4 hours ago, Harkonen said:

I don't think we are going to get minifigures, it will probably be some gimmick theme like Mario, maybe with a app? 

Yeah, don't expect LEGO to have minifigures in this theme like what happened to Super Mario. 

Wishful thinking? Yes, but only time will tell.

Edited by AMD

Couldn’t find a post on this. Merge if needed!

so the new set numbers leaked I guess. That seems promising. I love the fact that it could be minifigs instead of minidolls. 

You guys think Any chance the 4,99$ one is a blind bag series? 11 pieces is the basic number for CMF series no? Not sure. 

I want tons of artists!!!

Judging on the piece counts, WHAT IF (wishful thinking) we get an artist with a “decor” to put on the stage (I read that there will be a stage set). I also read that it will be interactive like hidden side so what if the “decor“ animated itself. 

Now all of this may all be fake/rumors/innacurate, I might also be interpreting all of this wrong, but i am really looking forward to know more. And March is not that far away!!

Which universal artists would you like to see???

Edited by Megbricks

More details of this new theme are up

It will be like Hidden Side, with an app to go with it

You can scan some 2x2 printed tiles included in the set with your phone and play the music

There are small cubes set, big sets with stages and brick buit radio sets

Edited by Robert8

This is so random and so strange, yet I feel extremely fascinated by the idea. I can’t wait to find out what it is exactly about.

Honestly, I would prefer seeing 2000s-present artists instead of, say, 80s ones... but I think the latter is absolutely inevitable. We’re probably getting a bit of every era.

Edited by Otherworld

40 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Somebody put on IG that the $5 set is code named “MF-Wave1”. To me, that implies it’s a CMF.

Ohhhhhh:) I searched and they do have 1010 artists signed. :)

6 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This is so random and so strange, yet I feel extremely fascinated by the idea. I can’t wait to find out what it is exactly about.

Honestly, I would prefer seeing 2000s-present artists instead of, say, 80s ones... but I think the latter is absolutely inevitable. We’re probably getting a bit of every era.

Yeah I hope we get a few of everything. I have 6 months to build a concert hall:)

So. I have been reading. Asking questions. So far:

the 4,99$ set could be a CMF (not counting in the 3 per year we have because of the set number) OR someone told me it could be accessory packs. 

What if they are individual artists and that the 20$ sets are bands??

a lot of what if in my head right now  but I am very excited about anything that this could be

Apparently (only something I read) you could scan an album tile and stuff happens.

we will see!!!

Are you seriously telling me we may get a Kanye West & Taylor Swift minifig?  so many new ideas floating now XD. 

It will be interesting to see which artists are chosen. Ones for adults, or ones for children.

13 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Ohhhhhh:) I searched and they do have 1010 artists signed. :)

I hope we get Kanye West with some Chick Fil A chicken or something.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I hope we get Kanye West with some Chick Fil A chicken or something.

I seriously doubt that:)

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Are you seriously telling me we may get a Kanye West & Taylor Swift minifig?  so many new ideas floating now XD. 

Dunno about these two but definitely lots of possibilities. (If the rumours are true)

Remember, Universal owns Virgin, EMI and several other record labels too, so it probably won't just be Universal.

I think the partnership with Fender will probably come into this too. 

Just skimming the list of artists that Universal apparently has the rights to (based on Wikipedia), rough list of ones that could be big enough to have some sort of representation in this theme (assuming that they do indeed base it off of actual artists and don't go the Studios route where it's kinda/sorta Steven Spielberg but not really).  I also assume that certain artists who either have explicit content in most of their songs or who have a controversial public image may not get put in, just because they tend to avoid that.

Bee Gees, Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Blink-182, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Cher, Def Leppard, DJ Khaled, Depeche Mode, Dolly Parton, The Eagles, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Metallica, Michael Jackson (apparently they only have the rights to some of his music so that might not be possible then), Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (again, they only have some rights so I'm not sure), Rihanna, Taylor Swift, U2, Van Halen, The Who, and a handful of others that are certainly big enough, but may have too much controversy around then (Kanye West) or explicit content (Dr. Dre, Nikki Minaj, etc).

Edited by Kit Figsto

29 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Just skimming the list of artists that Universal apparently has the rights to (based on Wikipedia), rough list of ones that could be big enough to have some sort of representation in this theme (assuming that they do indeed base it off of actual artists and don't go the Studios route where it's kinda/sorta Steven Spielberg but not really).  I also assume that certain artists who either have explicit content in most of their songs or who have a controversial public image may not get put in, just because they tend to avoid that.

Bee Gees, Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Blink-182, Bob Marley, Bon Jovi, Cher, Def Leppard, DJ Khaled, Depeche Mode, Dolly Parton, The Eagles, Elton John, Guns 'N Roses, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Metallica, Michael Jackson (apparently they only have the rights to some of his music so that might not be possible then), Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers (again, they only have some rights so I'm not sure), Rihanna, Taylor Swift, U2, Van Halen, The Who, and a handful of others that are certainly big enough, but may have too much controversy around then (Kanye West) or explicit content (Dr. Dre, Nikki Minaj, etc).

They also own Virgin and EMI, so they have David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, 

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

... , U2, ...

They could do it so if you buy any set on lego.com, then they force the U2 one on you whether you want it or not.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Me too :sad:

I wouldn’t want it:) weird combination:)

1 hour ago, MAB said:

They could do it so if you buy any set on lego.com, then they force the U2 one on you whether you want it or not.

Ahahaha referring to the Apple thing?:)