Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

On 1/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, gedren_y said:

The Vidiyo teaser page is up. I can't seem to get the music button to work, so if anyone else can, please post what it's supposed to be.

It is working now- probably has been but initially wasn't working for me either.  Pretty standard maraca sound sound.

These names and the scanable tile rumor/piece of information give me Hit Clips vibes- was super into those for a bit as a kid.  I wonder if each set is going to come with its own vibe/ music clips and the point of collecting is both for zany characters and the ability to record more intricate videos/vidiyos within the app.  Whatever it ends up being I'm excited to check it out.  

It seems like there are some interesting minifigure selections (all of which seem to include new molds), but the prince looks ridiculously high for the amount of pieces included. As a side note, It is now pretty much confirmed that the new Mermaid tail mold that was leaked on Instagram a while back comes from this new line.

Edited by Lego David

That minifigure looks fantastic!

34 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Yea this robot looks wild! But 20$ for this is too much,the only explanation I can think of is that there is a gimmick like there was with HD.

That's the alien, according to the set numbers!

------------

Also, whoever posted this, has the instrucctions book, which usually includes pictures of the whole wave

Which means there will be pictures from all of them at any moment now

Edited by Robert8

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That minifigure looks fantastic!

That's the alien, according to the set numbers!

------------

Also, whoever posted this, has the instrucctions book, which usually includes pictures of the whole wave

Which means there will be pictures from all of them at any moment now

Alien huh? Well I hope we get more pictures soon, I'm curious about the pirate. 

WoW i really Like it. The price is maybe a little high. But if all of those tiles are printed and there is  the new box moulds plus the new minifigure head mould, That could explain it. This is also licenced so more expensive. In canada it will probably end up beeing more like 25$-30$  So it is not cheap. But I really like what I see so far. Can’t wait to see the rest. 

If I count really fast from the picture, I see 25-30 pieces and they are supposed to be more around 80 pieces so I guess there are some goodies in the back of that box (instruments...)

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

WoW i really Like it. The price is maybe a little high. But if all of those tiles are printed and there is  the new box moulds plus the new minifigure head mould, That could explain it. This is also licenced so more expensive. In canada it will probably end up beeing more like 25$-30$  So it is not cheap. But I really like what I see so far. Can’t wait to see the rest. 

If I count really fast from the picture, I see 25-30 pieces and they are supposed to be more around 80 pieces so I guess there are some goodies in the back of that box (instruments...)

I might be making this up but I am sure I read somewhere you can "dress the minifigure" up with other minifigure parts.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I might be making this up but I am sure I read somewhere you can "dress the minifigure" up with other minifigure parts.

Ooooooo that would be nice to have a minifigs parts pack!!

53 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is that leaked pic of Alien on IG, right?

It is. Have to scroll down the hashtag a little bit (it's filled with garbage these days). The figure looks more like a techno robot to me than an alien, but the image says Vidiyo right on it so you can't really miss it.

Ok, the robot doesnt look as good as the alien. Not even close

That alien is really stellar!

Personally I like the robot a lot more as the parts are much more useful in a "real world" setting. Hope someone will just upload pictures of everything already!

27 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Have no idea or interest what this theme is about but really want to see that Ice Cream Mermaid!

If it's as colorful as the other figures in this line, it's going to be pretty useless, not gonna lie. Which is a real shame, because I was really excited for the new Mermaid tail mold, which looks perfectly useable in other themes. I really hope they re-color that mold in other sets, because the current one that was leaked doesn't look like it's gonna be of much use. 

So I have a theory about app integration with this line. Excuse me if something similar has already been posted. The leaked image shows a lot of tiles with sort of "album art" on them. It also shows a kid recording himself. I am thinking there might be an app that can be used to scan a line up of the tiles, and create a song from it. Each tile could represent a section of music and/or some video effects. Then the user could record themselves singing / dancing with the music and effects. This is just my guess, not based on any inside info. 

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It is. Have to scroll down the hashtag a little bit (it's filled with garbage these days). The figure looks more like a techno robot to me than an alien, but the image says Vidiyo right on it so you can't really miss it.

Gotcha thanks! My curiosity becomes intense slowly. 

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

If it's as colorful as the other figures in this line, it's going to be pretty useless, not gonna lie. Which is a real shame, because I was really excited for the new Mermaid tail mold, which looks perfectly useable in other themes. I really hope they re-color that mold in other sets, because the current one that was leaked doesn't look like it's gonna be of much use. 

I hear you, but I’ve accepted it’s just gonna be one of those minifigs (hopefully) that has no “use” but I’ll impulse buy anyway. An expensive version of the beekeeper if you like. Helps that I finally picked up Syrena (blue POTC mermaid) for a good price recently to lurk the waters around my Old Fishing Store MOC.

Not really a leak but more of an interesting tidbit of info, but a friend in a Discord server was trying to find more info about the sets in Polish shops, and I think a found the preliminary/codename for Vidyio - Harlem.

unknown.png

Unfortunately none of the listings had pictures, but we're just 1.5 months away from March so I'm expecting leaks/reveals to show up in the next few weeks.

Edited by admiral_typhoon

Each of these “beatbox” sets are supposed to have 80 pieces and I could only count 30ish pieces from the picture so these sets have an additional 40-50 pieces hiding somewhere.

Also, the initial wave will have 6 “beatboxes” and an another 2 in the summer wave.

Edited by Anonknee Muss