Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Five

GE14K8S.jpg

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts! Make sure you change your password!

Day Five: Watch Out For Wheels!

gsjAwmE.jpg

Daniel Lucas was out walking early in the morning, feeling rather accomplished. He was suddenly distracted by what appeared to be cat hair on the Fort.

"Say, this doesn't belong here. We're being invaded by cats who crawl onto the fort between day cycles!"

N8GEIfX.jpg

THWACK

From behind, while he was distracted, someone had thrown an entire ship wheel at his head with great speed, cracking his skull open.

9OANQfy.jpg

The killer ran off in the night, leaving Daniel to bleed out.

V05A3DX.jpg

The next morning, Fabien woke up the garrison while Liam raised the flag of the Imperial Soldiers.

yb58sHb.jpg

The remaining troops gathered round to hear what the Governor had to say about the alignment of players.

g8j85b0.jpg

"Bad news." he started. "It seems both Justin Reynaud and Daniel Lucas were Loyal Soldiers. You'll have to try much harder today!"

"Hey, wait a second..." someone started.

XQRLr9f.jpg

"Where's Redbeard gone?"

---

Day Five has now begun! There are 72 hours left in this day. With 9 players, a majority of 5 is required to send someone to the firing line.

Players (9):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - NPC
5jmZSYC.jpg
Fred Dumont - Lieutenant
6gwcCbE.jpg
Peter Lyon - Lieutenant of the Fort
K6YJ1K2.jpg
Trenton Monette - Sergeant
6vrQMD7.jpg
Emmett Ware - Soldier
dmaHAdw.jpg
Andrew Laurent - Soldier
YQUXzCd.jpg
Aiden Leon - Soldier
zwWiPUx.jpg
Fabien Bellamy - Trumpeter
3OazMdx.jpg
Vincent Denis - Tubist
jI6NjAe.jpg
Robin Tremblay - Conductor

The Dead:
AbBMdQJ.jpg
Remi Blaise - Blown to pieces on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
hCpWzHz.jpg
Michael Lavoie - Mod-killed on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
eym0u3t.jpg
Joshua Levitt - Executed on Day Two (Imperial Guard)
8omDvnY.jpg
Jean Pelley - Stabbed in the back on Night Two (Loyal Soldier)
eC1vqL5.jpg
Alex Howe - Shot on Day Three (Loyal Soldier)
EbeuZP5.jpg
Justin Reynaud - Executed on Day Four (Loyal Soldier
Iu2hDWN.jpg
Daniel Lucas - Struck by a wheel on Night Four (Loyal Soldier)

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or an Imperial Guard. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. If the day length needs to be shortened at any time, I will make that decision.
      5a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads. You can only PM during the night phase, please, including scum.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please try to post every day!

11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account!

Wow, double shock.

I did NOT expect that. Justin's town? Well, Vincent, what'cha got to say for yourself? 

And Daniel? I'm not at all surprised he's town, but why would he get killed? Either Vincent is scum and trying to eliminate his main accuser at the same time as Justin flips town, or something else weird has to be going on. If Daniel and Vincent are both town, then the scum HAVE to love how much they've dominated the discussion. So I can't wrap my head around any other explanation for all this than Vincent being scum

Vote: Vincent

Also, for the record... 

Fred, Daniel, Emmett, and myself coordinated our plans last night. I'll let the others decide whether and when to share their actions. But I blocked Peter successfully. And Daniel was attempting to jail Fabien. So I briefly thought that perhaps Fabien was a PGO/Bomb type, but I realized that I blocked him successfully night 3. So that can't be the case or I would have been killed then.  

So who does that mean could be the scum killer? Here's who's alive, and any reason they could NOT be the scum killer

Aiden - possible

Andrew - my blocks have been verified

Emmett - tracking has been verified

Fabien - possible

Fred - blocks have been verified

Peter - was blocked Night 4 when Daniel was killed

Robin - was jailed Night 2 when Jean was killed

Trenton - possible

Vincent - possible

And to be honest, I know some of those possibles are probably not the killer because one was supposed to be blocked last night, and another was supposed to be tracked. But I will have to wait until Fred/Emmett reveal the success or failure of their actions to rule those people out. 

Thanks Fred. So the update:

Here's who's alive, and any reason they could NOT be the scum killer

Aiden - possible

Fabien - possible

Trenton - possible

Vincent - was blocked Night 4 when Daniel was killed

34 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Wow, double shock.

I did NOT expect that. Justin's town? Well, Vincent, what'cha got to say for yourself? 

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

I'd say I suspected someone for valid reason and turned out to be wrong. Many other people were suspicious of Justin and expected him to flip scum, you included. Your immediate vote for me is very different from your attitude in PMs last night. You said you'd re-evaluate things. Way to go with your 30 second re-evaluation. Sounds less like you've re-evaluated and more like you're trying to start a bandwagon on me with no justification. I may have been wrong on Justin, but that doesn't mean I've been wrong about you. 

So, I was blocked last night and so was Fabien. And there was a kill. Anyone want to consider now that I was the kill target on Night Three since I was protected and we didn't see a kill? Let me be the first to dance on Daniel's grave. While it's bad we lost a townie, it's not necessarily bad that we lost that Townie. Maybe we can have some productive conversation today. And maybe we can step back, breathe and look at everything that has happened with clear vision and readable conversation, finally.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom, Fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwooooooooooom* :pir-sing: She's gone where the goblins go, beloooooooow *Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom!*

58 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

If Daniel and Vincent are both town, then the scum HAVE to love how much they've dominated the discussion. So I can't wrap my head around any other explanation for all this than Vincent being scum

Vote: Vincent

These two sentences don't make sense, one after the other. The scum have taken advantage of Daniel and I both being town and dominating the discussion and I have to be scum? Can you walk us through that?

*Fwom fwooooooooooom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom* Let's open up and sing! :pir-sing: and ring the bells out! *Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom*

Talk about mixed feelings... Shame about Justin.

Well, we must carry on. Since we know so little about him, I tracked Trenton who didn't target anyone.

The list of likely killers has to be getting very short now, unless the scum can move it around, which is not unheard of.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

"Say, this doesn't belong here. We're being invaded by cats who crawl onto the fort between day cycles!"

I'd like to float the theory that that was a Daniel impostor that was killed. That's way too concise for Daniel. I bet the real Daniel is being held captive somewhere.

*Fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Ring it low! *Fwom fwom fwoooooooom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwooooooooooooooooooooooom!*

21 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Thanks Fred. So the update:

Here's who's alive, and any reason they could NOT be the scum killer

Aiden - possible

Fabien - possible

Trenton - Tracked by Emmet, target nobody on Night 4 when Daniel was killed

Vincent - was blocked Night 4 when Daniel was killed

I've updated this with Emmett's results and the conclusion is that the kill can be passed around. If Daniel was targeting Fabien, I would imagine his jailkeeper action went through as the kill typically happens last in the order of Night Actions. Unless, Daniel was blocked and killed, in which case our blocker or vanilllaiszer is lying. 

Vanilllaiszer: shouldn't it be goonizer? We don't typically refer to Scum without actions as Vanilla Scum, do we? Apologies, Andrew, but your immediate vote for me out of the gates has pinged me. The name of the role itself is Scummy. That's not a terribly valid reason to suspect Andrew. However, if we're to imagine a world where one of the blockers is scum, then why would they either target me for the kill on Night Three or allow Fabien to perform the kill? For one of them to be scum, let's use Andrew for example, he would've had to block Daniel, allowing Fabien to kill. Would they take the risk of allowing their own kill to be blocked for one night?

If the remaining two blockers are town, then who could've killed Daniel last night? My first bet would've been Trenton, but he didn't target anyone. Unless he's a ninja. They may also have a one-shot strongarm action if the scum have a JOAT.  Peter was blocked? That would've been my next guess for killer. Hmmmm. Aiden's a possibility but I have info about him I'll let him choose if he wants it shared. Has he been blocked or tracked? Not to my recollection.

So, the blocks have been verified but if the scum can pass actions around then that doesn't matter and if one of them is scum, then the nights they were verified only matter for those particular nights. Maybe Emmett could be a scum tracker but I've been leaning town on him, probably the person I trust the most, although that's not saying much because I don't trust anybody. I did verify my role to Aiden, who was able to guess it. 

Nine of us left, two-three possible Scum... :pir-sceptic: We gotta get on track.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Belooooooooooow, below, below, Yo-Ho! *Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

42 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

I'd say I suspected someone for valid reason and turned out to be wrong. Many other people were suspicious of Justin and expected him to flip scum, you included. Your immediate vote for me is very different from your attitude in PMs last night. You said you'd re-evaluate things. Way to go with your 30 second re-evaluation. Sounds less like you've re-evaluated and more like you're trying to start a bandwagon on me with no justification. I may have been wrong on Justin, but that doesn't mean I've been wrong about you. 

So, I was blocked last night and so was Fabien. And there was a kill. Anyone want to consider now that I was the kill target on Night Three since I was protected and we didn't see a kill? Let me be the first to dance on Daniel's grave. While it's bad we lost a townie, it's not necessarily bad that we lost that Townie. Maybe we can have some productive conversation today. And maybe we can step back, breathe and look at everything that has happened with clear vision and readable conversation, finally.

You being the target night 3 is one explanation for no kill night 3 - the other one being that one of the blocked people was the killer. That's why we blocked you again. 

39 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

These two sentences don't make sense, one after the other. The scum have taken advantage of Daniel and I both being town and dominating the discussion and I have to be scum? Can you walk us through that?

What I said was "Either Vincent is scum and trying to eliminate his main accuser at the same time as Justin flips town, or something else weird has to be going on. If Daniel and Vincent are both town, then the scum HAVE to love how much they've dominated the discussion. So I can't wrap my head around any other explanation for all this than Vincent being scum" In other words, if you are both town, the scum would not be killing off Daniel. You two have been the center of attention and so as long as you're pushing for townies to get lynched, they'd keep you both alive so they can hide in your very large shadows. Therefore, Daniel being killed makes me think that you are scum. It is a logical deduction. Yes, in PM last night I said I'd re-evaluate my opinions of you and others if Justin flipped town. I had time to what-if that in my mind during the many hours of the night after that PM conversation, and therefore when it HAPPENED, I'd already thought through the possibility of you being scum. What I hadn't thought through was Daniel getting killed off and being proven town. That just pushed me from "hey, let's discuss our thoughts on Vincent" over to "Vincent is scum and I'm voting for him" 

Just now, Andrew Laurent said:

So I can't wrap my head around any other explanation for all this than Vincent being scum

Kill Daniel and say Vincent wanted him out of the way?

A bit of WIFOM becuase it could be either.

22 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

1. I've updated this with Emmett's results and the conclusion is that the kill can be passed around. If Daniel was targeting Fabien, I would imagine his jailkeeper action went through as the kill typically happens last in the order of Night Actions. Unless, Daniel was blocked and killed, in which case our blocker or vanilllaiszer is lying. 

2. Vanilllaiszer: shouldn't it be goonizer? We don't typically refer to Scum without actions as Vanilla Scum, do we? Apologies, Andrew, but your immediate vote for me out of the gates has pinged me. The name of the role itself is Scummy. That's not a terribly valid reason to suspect Andrew. However, if we're to imagine a world where one of the blockers is scum, then why would they either target me for the kill on Night Three or allow Fabien to perform the kill? For one of them to be scum, let's use Andrew for example, he would've had to block Daniel, allowing Fabien to kill. Would they take the risk of allowing their own kill to be blocked for one night?

3. If the remaining two blockers are town, then who could've killed Daniel last night? My first bet would've been Trenton, but he didn't target anyone. Unless he's a ninja. They may also have a one-shot strongarm action if the scum have a JOAT.  Peter was blocked? That would've been my next guess for killer. Hmmmm. Aiden's a possibility but I have info about him I'll let him choose if he wants it shared. Has he been blocked or tracked? Not to my recollection.

4. So, the blocks have been verified but if the scum can pass actions around then that doesn't matter and if one of them is scum, then the nights they were verified only matter for those particular nights. Maybe Emmett could be a scum tracker but I've been leaning town on him, probably the person I trust the most, although that's not saying much because I don't trust anybody. I did verify my role to Aiden, who was able to guess it. 

5. Nine of us left, two-three possible Scum... :pir-sceptic: We gotta get on track.

I numbered your paragraphs, so I could respond better (and no, I'm not going to turn into wall-of-text Daniel. But we've had major happenings that need discussed, and it's Sunday evening so I have some time to analyze and discuss. And as I said last night, remember, it's just a game. Nothing is personal.)

1. Why would you jump to that conclusion? There's 2 possibilities still on the table. If others would prefer, I'm open to lynching Aiden or Fabien as the potential scum killer and leaving you for another day, since you have been proven to at least not be the killer. 

2. Wow, a vote for you pinged you? Who would'a thought :pir-huzzah1:Why is the name of my role scummy, and why would you think bob would give "hints" to alignment in the name of the roles? Mafiauniverse says yes, that a vanillaizer is usually a scum role that permanently turns someone vanilla (and therefore is usually limited-shot use). Mafiascum says it can be either and implies that it's permanent. But we've already had that discussion, and that's NOT what I do, as evidenced by the people that I've blocked who still have their abilities. I'm a blocker with a weird name. Take that up with bob when it's over :thumbup:

3. You're right that Trenton and Peter would have been prime suspects, being so quiet. That's why we targeted them last night. They're cleared from being the killer due to what we did. So Aiden and Fabien are possibles, and you vouching for Aiden's secret role doesn't carry a lot of weight.

4. Again, you and aiden verifying each other in secret. You're going to call me fishing, but so be it. Out with the info if you want it to carry any weight with anyone.

5. Finally, we agree on something.

Just now, Aiden Leon said:

Kill Daniel and say Vincent wanted him out of the way?

A bit of WIFOM becuase it could be either.

Sure, but as much as I love Princess Bride, I find Occam to be more helpful. 

*Fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

OK, I promise to close the browser for a while and not just keep barreling forward with walls of text, but I suddenly find my self able to see things more clearly and think more clearly. Please don't merge these posts, board. I want this all to be easily digestible. I swear I'll close the browser for two hours.

Let's look at this list that scummy Andrew posted with the claims added:

Aiden - possibly killer, claims role, no targets

Andrew - my blocks have been verified, claims Vanilllaiszer

Emmett - tracking has been verified, claims Tracker

Fabien - possible killer, claims role, no specifics

Fred - blocks have been verified, claims blocker

Peter - was blocked Night 4 when Daniel was killed, no claim

Robin - was jailed Night 2 when Jean was killed, claims some sort of limited protector

Trenton - tracked be Emmett Night 4 when Daniel was killed

Vincent - was blocked Night 4 when Daniel was killed, claims role-has diabolically and scummily withheld all details

At least two of these people are actually scum. 

Theory 1

Fabien and I are still the best suspects—

Fabien is the killer:

• If Fabien is the killer, Andrew blocked Daniel to free him up to kill and not report that his block of Fabien was unsuccessful. 

I am the killer:

• I'm the killer and Fred is the scum blocker. I know that I'm not scum nor am I a killer, but this is a possibility for everyone to consider. Fred would've blocked Daniel, freeing me up to kill. I know I didn't kill anybody, but Fred is the only one who knows who he actually blocked. So, I suppose this could work with Fabien being the killer as well. I cannot verify that I was actually blocked last night as I didn't target anybody.

Either Fabien or I are the killer: 

• Either Fabien or I are scum and there's a JOAT that gave us a one-shot strongarm kill. In which case, I would suggest Robin as our accomplice, although it could still be one of these blockers. Peter or Trenton could also be JOAT accomplices in this case.
  • I think this would mean Fabien would be the killer and killed Daniel so he wouldn't report being unsuccessful. If this were me with a strongarm kill, Fred would've reported being unsuccessful.

I lean towards this theory because why would the scum kill Daniel when he was making the game unplayable and accusing a fellow townie of being scum. That's scum-cover-gold and no scum team in their right mind would kill him. They only know this to be true, because none of you have verification that Daniel was wrong and that I'm not scum. But they know, so why kill Daniel? Because, if this theory (more the first two than the third)is correct, then the scum needed to block Daniel but not have him report it. I told Fabien and several others that I wouldn't immediately suspect him if Justin flipped Town but looking at the list of who's been verified and who didn't target who, it's still possible. Not ready to vote along these lines, but it's possible. It's a pretty narrow list at this point.

Theory 2

Both blockers are town and neither Fabien nor I are the killer—

Scum have a ninja:

• It's possible Trenton did kill Daniel but couldn't be tracked. Perhaps he did target me the previous night and I was protected. I don't know why since I would probably be good to keep around so Daniel can freaking dump walls of text on me (and I kind of do it back, at least a little :pir-blush:) and I was pushing hard against Justin and he's clearly Town. Maybe I'm right about Andrew? Or maybe they wanted Daniel around to keep clogging up the thread to make it unreadable but at the same time discredit him and send him heaping walls of text on someone else.
  • This would lend more credence to the blockers being town and the scum not knowing they would be blocked or that I would be protected. 

Aiden is scum:

• Again, I think I know what Aiden is but I'll let him share if he feels like it. He is the only player who hasn't been blocked or tracked, correct? 

Robin is scum:

• Unless he's a limited shot bodyguard, I can't figure out what he's being so cagey about and I've suspected for a while he's a JOAT. Anyway...

So the suspects we should be looking at are: Me, Fabien, Andrew, Aiden, Trenton, Robin. I think these are the top suspects.

I know I'm not scum but feel free to keep blocking me for the rest of the game if I'm not lynched. As long as I'm not protected. Don't protect me. I think I've made this abundantly clear: Don't. Protect. Me. If you all decide I should be lynched, I'll accept that. I would just request that we have a fun day of playing normally and somewhat quietly and that if I get a majority of the votes, listen to everything I have to say about my role and consider. But I'll happily go if people are convinced I'm scum so that it can free everybody up to find the real scum while we still have plenty of townies in our numbers.

:pir-sing: Yo-ho! Yo-ho, yo-ho, yo-ho! Let's open up and sing: *Fwom fwomma fwom fwom. Fwom fwomma fwom fwom wfom. Fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom*

26 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

It is a logical deduction. 

Or you blocked Daniel and Fabien killed him.

2 hours ago, Fabien Bellamy said:

:pir_wacko:

I don't get it.

This is all you have to say? You're not going to confirm if you were blocked or not?

*Fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Ding dong! *Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwooooooooooom!!*

Wow. Legitimately, thank you Vincent for laying out all those potential explanations. It's helpful to be able to go through them all as a group. 

Something to factor in... if Fabien (as scum killer) and Daniel targeted each other, we could have the results we see. I asked bob how he was handling conflicting actions, such as if Fred and I or Daniel and I blocked each other (to test claims and so forth). He said it'd be a coin flip for who succeeds. So in that case, Fabien tries to kill Daniel and Daniel is trying to jail Fabien. Coin flip might say Fabien shoots first. No scum blockers needed. So in this case, you and Fabien could both be scum. 

I keep coming back to why Daniel got killed. I can't see a scenario in which they want him gone, unless you are scum. You knew that Justin would flip town and that today would be Daniel on your case non stop all day. He had to go so that you'd have a shot at convincing the rest of us to let you live. 

And Fabien (as your scum buddy and killer) sticking his head in like he did but not saying anything makes sense too - he wouldn't want to say anything because he needs to wait for all of our night actions to be revealed before saying what he did, so that he doesn't get trapped in a lie. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Laurent said:

I keep coming back to why Daniel got killed. I can't see a scenario in which they want him gone, unless you are scum. You knew that Justin would flip town and that today would be Daniel on your case non stop all day. He had to go so that you'd have a shot at convincing the rest of us to let you live. 

Then you didn't read all of my potential claims carefully. If Daniel was blocked, either by you or Fred or by use a strongarm, Daniel would report today that he was unsuccessful and Fred would report that the block of me was successful and that would implicate Fabien. So, in order to keep the heat on me, the Scum couldn't let report he wasn't successful because that would lead to Fabien's lynch. Also, as you actually helped demonstrate and Aiden clarified, who better to kill because then it does implicate me? It's win-win, they get rid of a blocker, they get rid of someone who could confirm the block was unsuccessful and they put the heat on me, a townie. And it's all WIFOM on top of it. It's a great move for the scum. 

I think this is highly likely, but my ability to analyze gave us the theory that Justin was covering for killing Jean, so trust my mind at your own risk. :pir-sceptic:

*Fwoooooooooom fwom fwom fwoooom, fwoooooooooom fwom fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: The sun shine iiiiii-iiiiiiin! *Fwoooooooooom fwom fwom fwooooooooom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

Then you didn't read all of my potential claims carefully. If Daniel was blocked, either by you or Fred or by use a strongarm, Daniel would report today that he was unsuccessful and Fred would report that the block of me was successful and that would implicate Fabien. So, in order to keep the heat on me, the Scum couldn't let report he wasn't successful because that would lead to Fabien's lynch. Also, as you actually helped demonstrate and Aiden clarified, who better to kill because then it does implicate me? It's win-win, they get rid of a blocker, they get rid of someone who could confirm the block was unsuccessful and they put the heat on me, a townie. And it's all WIFOM on top of it. It's a great move for the scum. 

I think this is highly likely, but my ability to analyze gave us the theory that Justin was covering for killing Jean, so trust my mind at your own risk. :pir-sceptic:

Ok, you're right. I overstate slightly when I say "I can't see any scenario" - you did come up with a possible situation. However, that requires that either Fred or I be scum, AND we have a strongarm ability somehow, AND we gambled that none of it would be seen in any way (considering Emmett might have tracked someone other than what he told us, and there are multiple people with no roleclaim yet) Again, Occam would say that Fabian and Daniel targeted each other. 

15 minutes ago, Robin Tremblay said:

Im leaning towards Fabien being scum. I like the theory that Fabien murdered Daniel who was jailing him.  

I certainly am willing to lynch Fabian today (since he's likely the scum killer, and Vincent isn't the killer unless the scum can move roles around). 

8 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Ok, you're right. I overstate slightly when I say "I can't see any scenario" - you did come up with a possible situation. However, that requires that either Fred or I be scum, AND we have a strongarm ability somehow, AND we gambled that none of it would be seen in any way (considering Emmett might have tracked someone other than what he told us, and there are multiple people with no roleclaim yet) Again, Occam would say that Fabian and Daniel targeted each other. 

I certainly am willing to lynch Fabian today (since he's likely the scum killer, and Vincent isn't the killer unless the scum can move roles around). 

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

I have trouble buying this coin flip idea. I had conversations with Bob about how my role would work in certain scenarios, so I don't doubt the conversation. A coin flip? What is this? Baritones 2? A blocker blocking a blocker blocks both. Neither action would be successful, because why would either of them be? Maybe a jailkeeper and blocker targeting each other would need a coin flip to see if the blocker would still be protected. *huh* Bah! Mafia theory. I doubt Bob would have a killer targeting a jailkeeper be decided by coin flip. So, I still think that if Fabien was Daniel's killer he had to have a strongarm modifier. I have trouble seeing him as the killer otherwise. And I realize this theory would still implicate me as a killer. I know I'm not, but nobody else does. Would Fabien be able to kill anybody if it wasn't for him and Daniel targeting each other?  :pir_wacko: Peter or I could also have had a strongarm modifier. I suppose if Fabien did have a strongarm capability or even a one-shot blocking action he'd have to target Daniel so Daniel wouldn't report that his block was unsuccessful. Could I or Peter have done the same? I suppose if we did, we would've had to kill the person targeting us. Daniel sent me a PM saying "I hope you enjoyed your cell." making me think I would be his target. I doubt Peter would've known who was targeting him. How would Fabien know that Daniel was targeting him?  That's what makes me think one of the blockers is also scum. Or would Fabien simply choose Daniel as a target to implicate me over him? My brain is busted, you guys. Sorry about the ruminating. :pir-cry_sad: I'm trying not to fill the void of Daniel's walls of text with mine instead, so I'll seriously try to take it easy. It just feels freeing to be able to have discussions

:pir-sing: Ding dong! The witch is dead! Oops, I misplaced my tuba.

Unless Fabien had a strongarm kill and just decided to kill Daniel to implicate me and it has nothing to do with Daniel not being able to report that his block was successful or not...

14 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

How would Fabien know that Daniel was targeting him? 

In my proposed explanation, he doesn't need to. He decided to kill Daniel, with no knowledge of who is being blocked or protected, and if I hadn't said Daniel had tried to jail him, no one would ever have known. 

Just now, Andrew Laurent said:

In my proposed explanation, he doesn't need to. He decided to kill Daniel, with no knowledge of who is being blocked or protected, and if I hadn't said Daniel had tried to jail him, no one would ever have known. 

Did you guys leak your blocking Plans again?

Just now, Robin Tremblay said:

Did you guys leak your blocking Plans again?

I already said above that Daniel, Fred, Emmett, and myself planned as a group who to block/jail/track. What I was referring to there though was when I announced in today's discussion what Daniel and I did.