Ayrlego

[COR ChIIICatC] Intriguing Visitors

Sterling Blackwood lent forward on the balcony overlooking the crowded docks and concentrated on an exchange going on below. Two somewhat shady figures were busy demonstrating the functions of what appeared to be a second-rate Eslandolan trade musket to a group of potential buyers. It was the buyers that aroused the interest of Blackwood. Alerted by a friend; Blackwood was investigating the three strange looking traders who were absorbed in the salesmen's pitch. It was reported that they had appeared in the settlement a couple of days before. Seemingly flush with silver and speaking broken Corrish, the two men and one women wore a strange assortment of clothing which seemed to be of mixed Halosian and native origin. Although clearly not natives of Avestia, no one could seem to say where exactly they originated from. When pressed they became somewhat evasive and refereed to themselves as 'the Tyree’De' and describe their origin as being 'to the south'. They appear to very interested; not in the trade trinkets that have seemed to fascinate the native peoples of the New World up to this point, but rather in Halosian manufactured goods and tools such as the musket on display.

49820747498_5451991b9d_c.jpg

This was not the first report Blackwood had heard of such encounters. Indeed it seemed that these people were turning up in Halosian settlements across the New Haven Seas. It was; however, the first time he had managed to witness them first hand. An idea was starting to form in his head... perhaps to the south of the immense island of Oleonda lay a civilisation somewhat more technologically advanced than those encountered so far. If this was the case, then surely the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery and indeed the Crown of Corrington itself would be interested. Blackwood moved towards the streets. It was time to meet these 'Tyree'De' firsthand...

50438230837_350fc03fa7_z.jpg

Original colour choice. It gives the port buildings a Caribean style.

Great little ship at Quay too; and nice activity all around; the fisherman is nicely done !

As always a pleasure to see ! Great job ! :thumbup:

Great job at this scene! The idea is well executed to have the Tyree'Dee on the quayside buying guns. I did not know Spudkirk had already this type of advanced buidlings though? But anyways: they look splendid! Another masterpiece.

Nice use of these colors!  Great bustle in the streets and I really like the pose on the guy fishing!

I really like the contrasting colors, the cleverly built vessel and the bustling scene in general. However given that the Tyree'De are the focal point of the story, we could all benefit from a close up so as to see them haggling.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, blackdeathgr said:

I really like the contrasting colors, the cleverly built vessel and the bustling scene in general. However given that the Tyree'De are the focal point of the story, we could all benefit from a close up so as to see them haggling. 

Woops! I took a photo but forgot to add it....

50438230837_350fc03fa7_z.jpg

The light colors are very nice.  I also notice sideways headlight bricks built into the walls which are a nice touch.  This build feels very alive.