kevin8

(MOC)-Classic Space - Some MOC

Hi there, I made some little Moc in a Classic Space style and today I'm here to show you.

I made these Mocs to complete my Classic Space diorama, so I tried to make them by using just parts from that era, more or less 1979-1987.

The diorama is about 160 x 60 cms

The first one is a kind of a Command space centre:

49820695548_fcab02cc32_w.jpg 49821548337_0d3a29a383_w.jpg 49821549052_750d6a005d_w.jpg

The second one is a little complex because I wanted to create a refinery, consisting of an extraction center, a refining plant and the storage tank.

49821545482_b62bae5983_w.jpg 49821235086_7e0fa90a76_w.jpg 49821546607_203867fee3_w.jpg

The last one is a little vehicle for the transport of debris...

49820690933_b4eef1de6c_w.jpg

That's all folks.

Edited by kevin8

Very innovative!  I like the use of Blue Tail 4 x 2 x 2 to elevate the Command Space Centre above the lunar baseplate, and the use of Yellow Windscreen 6 x 4 x 2 Canopy as a window/skylight on the roof of the building.   Nice details on the air tank storage and satellite dishes too.  

Refinery is excellent.  Nice use of Technic pieces on the mining rig.  Pipework and valves really capture the feel of Classic Space.  

Thank you!

I really tried to capture the feeling of classic space, but it's not easy because we are used to the new parts now.

I tried to build like a child, but at last I had to use Stud.io...

Well done!  I love the small vehicles - the little tanker is detailed and cute, and the space tractor-trailer looks like a natural extension of Classic Space, as does your Command Space Centre.  The bumblebee stripes make everything mesh together too!

Such a feel in my childhood's heart :D
I like the SNOT technic for the little middle-tank !

1 hour ago, weeble1688 said:

Well done!  I love the small vehicles - the little tanker is detailed and cute, and the space tractor-trailer looks like a natural extension of Classic Space, as does your Command Space Centre.  The bumblebee stripes make everything mesh together too!

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, LaurentB said:

Such a feel in my childhood's heart :D
I like the SNOT technic for the little middle-tank !

Mission Accomplished!

The refinery looks awesome. I love the idea of using only old pieces, reminds me of the idea books pictures of big space bases with lots of technic visible.

My idea partially started from there... but Classic Space was not so well-developed on old Idea books.

Thanks

Cool! I especially like the Command Centre. If someone had told me that that was a genuine LEGO CS design from the late ‘70s/early ‘80s that was never released, I would have believed them. Captures the feel of CS very well.