Sign in to follow this  
adde51

[MOC] Port by the Arkbri river

As planned, the settlement north of Mophet had grown rapidly. Proximity to the river made it fairly easy to secure building materials and given the strong trade-routes that had been established with Mophet, trade was abundant. Tabib had made the journey north and was very pleased to see the developments that had taken place in a very short period of time. The hope was to continue strengthening the ties to Barqa, while also establishing relationships with cities in other parts of Historica.    

49770753057_7ca74b89f0_c.jpg

Still need to flesh out the back-story a bit but happy to be building a bit more with water, haha! I hope to make a few more builds exploring the Arkbri just north of Mophet and I hope you guys like it so far. Thanks for watching :sweet:

This is every bit as lovely a build as it was when I commented on Flickr. :grin:  I have to mention the blue again - those colors complement the tans so well!  Great use of those new three leaved stems too.

Excellent build.  I love the texture with the profile bricks and the tooth plates looks great.  The tiled roof looks good with the two different colors.  The tan and nougat with the blue behind is a nice combination.  The plants, flowers and especially the tree looks amazing.  Nice little boat.  The water looks so clean and vibrant.  Also your figs are wonderful too.  

The tooth pieces in the columns are the standout piece usage here for me; they create a really cool effect. As Kai said, the light blue accents throughout the MOC tie it all together; and I really wish I had more than a couple of those 3-leaf stem pieces!

Wow, somehow I missed this, too.  You're really using this quarantine to your advantage!  The build is really gorgeous, and I'm enjoying seeing the Akrbri river develop as it expands!  The roofing is elegant and simple, and the walls are decorated with just enough to make them interesting but not so much as to distract.  I like the clean, interesting lines they make.  I like the use of the arches, and the double-layered texture with the doors behind the arches on the inner wall.  Great job!