Sign in to follow this  
leafan

lego ideas [LEGO IDEAS] Eldorado Fortress Redux

Hi everyone,

This week I'd like to draw your attention towards a wonderful new re-imagening of the classic El Dorado Fortress by @LM71Blackbird (creator of several previous Pirate Ship submissions, which you can find here).

Presenting Eldorado Fortress Redux:

resize:800:450

SUPPORT NOW

Eldorado Fortress. A beloved set the world over by many a LEGO Classic Pirate fan. My recreation expands upon the old revered set and I believe improves some of the play features and design elements. A full brick built and detailed rock formation sits underneath an enlarged an updated version of the classic Bluecoat Fortress of Governor Broadside.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Enlarging the build allows for the ability to move some of the facilities underground in the fully accessible basement which includes a kitchen, storage area, sleeping quarters and prison. Hours of fun can be had recreating moments from your childhood or newcomers creating brand new moments of their own.

The governor remains ever watchful from the high watchtower with his Lieutenant overseeing the handling of the cargo. All the while the pirates are trying to escape from prison!

resize:800:450resize:800:450

My model includes approximately 3000 bricks. Includes 8 minifigures and has a full playable interior with removable sections for easy play access.

Thanks for checking out my latest build and please support today to make this build a reality!

If you'd like to show some support for @LM71Blackbird's Idea, head on over to the Ideas page and support now!

SUPPORT NOW

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

Thanks for the shout out and support @leafan!

Oh sorry mate I had totally forgotten that you were a member here. I will amend my posts accordingly.

Great job, by the way!

Just now, leafan said:

Oh sorry mate I had totally forgotten that you were a member here. I will amend my posts accordingly.

Great job, by the way!

Not a problem! I appreciate the support either way! Lol! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I appreciate the support either way! Lol! :thumbup:

But the real question is why didn't you post this in the Pirate MOC Forum yourself?  Given this is the most active international LEGO Pirates discussion board outside of social media, it seems like a logical place to get exposure for your submission.

5 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

But the real question is why didn't you post this in the Pirate MOC Forum yourself?  Given this is the most active international LEGO Pirates discussion board outside of social media, it seems like a logical place to get exposure for your submission.

Lol! It's only been up for one day! I haven't had a chance too yet! :laugh:

I submitted it a few days ago and actually forgot about it until I saw this thread!

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I submitted it a few days ago and actually forgot about it until I saw this thread!

It's also been posted on the Classic Pirates Facebook Page :pir-huzzah2:

Just now, Mister Phes said:

It's also been posted on the Classic Pirates Facebook Page :pir-huzzah2:

Sweet! Hopefully we can get another pirates set out of it!