12v train remotes and point motors issue

have a remote switch for the remote controlled signal and the connectors of
the wires that go into it don't push in all the way. When I looked the centre
hole in the switch it isn't as deep as the other switches I have which is
stopping the centre post going all the way in. Is this normal? Should the wire
have a different connector on the end? Can you drill the centre hole to make
it deeper? I also have at least one point motor that has the same issue. Any
help would be great.

Thanks, that helps. There are 2 places to connect the wires to, one in front of each button. The red button has 5 holes in front of it and you can plug into either the right hand 3 or the left hand 3. If you try to plug into the middle 3 you'll run into problems. The options give different choices on how the signal lights up. Also, if the lights come on opposite to which button you press just switch the plug over so the prongs swap places.

If necessary, rather than drill into the switch just break off the post in the middle of the connector but really they should fit perfectly. 

Hi Andy, hope you are having an awesome day. I wanted to reach out because, I seen you are a European with a 12v track train in the US. If this topic has already passed, and you had given an answer, I am truly sorry for having to reiterate. This weekend I started building my 12v trains for my son, but when I boxed everything in Europe/The Netherlandsd and shipped over here, I for some reason never thought about the voltage swap from 220 to 110. May I ask how you are able to operate your 12v train in the US and what I will need to run it (maybe with links to your hardware)? I am a numbers/accounting guy, never new much about electricity. I left the transformer (https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/siemens-hema-ho-transformer-power-411311477) in Europe thinking they had something similar here, maybe you are able to help me and my son on our way so we can operate this awesome track? What did you use for a power converter and the transformer with the speed dial to operate the train? Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a great day.

Hi @Dave V1985, welcome to Eurobricks and to the US. I still use the original Lego transformers to control my trains and bought a voltage converter to plug into the mains, there's a lot listed here. (I can get the make/model of the one I use later if you want.)

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions you may have.