Dorino

[MOC] [WIP] - Merchants Bay

Hello everyone!

Literally three days ago i posted modified version of 21322 set. Building with limited amount of parts was very interesting experience but at all time i knew that it would never have enough details to my liking so i scraped it all!

Today i present you another bay, featuring similar shape with use of key parts from 21322. 

I will continue posting in this topic whenever i have something new or interesting added.

Today i will only show the layout of "stores" and some basic planing of what's coming!

20200422_171329

The merchant stores are located in little area between two rocks. You first arrive through the loading dock and you encounter first building. Blacksmith hut.

20200422_171332

The hut comes with waterwheel that operates hammer. Hammer must be working well because there is already hole in the ground.:pir-cry_happy:

20200422_173059

There is a secret passage in the wall that not everyone can spot that leads to open area in the back. My current idea for this room is treasure room with all the pirate goods!

20200422_171404

Anyway, if blacksmith wasn't your goal you continue on wooden deck and face your first options. You either go to botanist / alchemist upstairs or continue to two story brick build inn. I am imaging alchemist to be covered in all sorts of plants. Right now it looks rather dull and sad.

20200422_173856

There is a lot of open area in the back of brick built inn. Floors are connected with stairs piece. I am thinking of keeping base level as sort of bar and upstairs with beds to rest.

20200422_171356

The last building shares the brick built structure of the inn but is in fact general goods store. There is old boat on the roof for no reason but i think it could look cool with more details. There is shark hanging from some sort of crane. No idea what is the purpose of it, sun roasting :pir-sweet:? It's just another thing i saw in World of Warcraft Booty Bay

20200422_174712

If you continue walking on lower deck you will arrive in secret cave. It is spacious enough for smaller boat to fit in. 

20200422_174802

So this is how it looks now. With previous build i struggled to give enough details to all the spaces. This time i think i will struggle with exactly same problem. I am now using all my bricks but i am not sure if i can decorate all this empty spaces. Was starting from this angle good idea? Maybe instead of blocking all empty rooms better option would be one store at the time where i can keep track of all the details and then expand it as needed?

Thoughts? Any recommendations? Blacksmith will 100% stay as planned but i am not so sure about any other rooms.

Hope you like it :)

Edited by Dorino

Looking good @Dorino! I'm looking forward to seeing the end result! The shark hung by the crane and the sand green and my favorite aspects! You did an excellent job maintaining the Barracuda Bay color scheme, it looks like it can sit right next to it. 

Also, anyone who takes inspiration from a WoW location is doing something right! :pir-grin:

Booty Bay :) Memories. This will even be more beautiful than the other one you did.