Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Anyone got a photo of a pirate minifig looking shocked?

Avast!

I'm looking for a photo of pirate minifig looking shocked to use in an upcoming post on the Classic Pirates Facebook Page.

Minifig could also be dramatically posed with their arms in the air as the pirate has received the worse news of their life.

Here are some facial expression examples:

image.png

image.png

48 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Something like this?

Yes, like that only more front-on like this...

image.png

But you're probably not going to get that close and maintain clear focus so the image will need to be large enough to be cropped.

Also, the second minifig has the correct expression - the first minifig looks to aggressive.

Just now, Darkdragon said:

Will this work? I can reshoot if not.

That's fine, thank you! :thumbup:

I can remove the white background and replace it with some scenery.

But if anyone else wants to contribute, we could perhaps have two or more pirates looking panicked.

28 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

@Darkdragon, you're killin' `em!

I can do background, just thought you wanted it clean for some reason. Just let me know what you want, I'll put something together.

19 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

I can do background, just thought you wanted it clean for some reason. Just let me know what you want, I'll put something together. 

I haven't decided exactly what I want yet - I'll look into it more after I get my client work done.

This post will be addressing "LEGO Ideas rejecting pirate submissions" - so that's why I wanted the minifig to look shocked.

But after I've got it figured out, it be similar in editing and style to the below:

image.png

Ok cool. I've got some time to mess around tonight so I'll see what if I can come up with anything interesting. Kinda messed up the lighting on that last shot (a bit underexposed).

Of course anyone else is still welcome to post too!

32 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Of course anyone else is still welcome to post too!

You could dominate the market! :pir-oh3:

2 minutes ago, Piraten said:

Do you need more pictures ? I have some from a display that tell the story pretty good :) 

Dark Dragon has provided plenty... but I'd never say no to a good display photo. :pir-classic:

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This post will be addressing "LEGO Ideas rejecting pirate submissions" - so that's why I wanted the minifig to look shocked.

But after I've got it figured out, it be similar in editing and style to the below:

image.png

Can't wait!
Inform us when the post will be ready, in order to comment and share!

19 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Inform us when the post will be ready, in order to comment and share!

The post has been made. Comment away me lovelies! :pir-love:

Thank you to @Darkdragon for providing the minifig photo.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

The post has been made. Comment away me lovelies! :pir-love:

Thank you to @Darkdragon for providing the minifig photo.

Nice! :pir-huzzah2:

Can hashtags like #LEGO, #LEGOPirates be added to the Facebook post? Does Facebook allows this thing? In order to increase reach.

Also, does Classic Pirates also has a Twitter?

Twitter is more favorable for this type of activity (gathering support/activism, complaining, bringing injustice to light, etc), because of the hashtags which are very helpful.
They increase reach by a lot (especially if combined with a good photo or two). 

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

15 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Can hashtags like #LEGO, #LEGOPirates be added to the Facebook post? Does Facebook allows this thing? In order to increase reach.

Hashtags can be added but they don't have the same effectiveness as they do on Instagram.

Also, does Classic Pirates also has a Twitter?

Aye: https://twitter.com/classicpirates

Twitter is more favorable for this type of activity (gathering support/activism, complaining, bringing injustice to light, etc), because of the hashtags which are very helpful.

I've been focusing on Instagram and Facebook...  I just don't have time for Twitter so anything posted there has been done by automation from posting to the other platforms.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Are you a Twitter user?

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Are you a Twitter user?

I have an account.

I seldom use it, mainly for "activism"... when I want my message to be seen by lots of unknown, to me, people. 

24 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I seldom use it, mainly for "activism"

Did you have any interest in managing the Classic Pirates Twitter account?

Not on a daily basis, we can just continue with the automation for that...  but when there is an important announcement maybe someone with Twitter knowledge could strategy craft a post.