Sign in to follow this  
Mad Spandy

[MOC] The Incredibile from the Incredibles movies

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I am eager to share with you my interpretation of the Incredibile from the Incredibles movies. The Incredibles is one of my favourite movies and I have always been a fan of Mr. Incredibles sleek superhero car. We got a version of this as a Juniors set as well as a model in the LEGO Incredibles videogame, but I wasn't satisfied with that design. I found that it didn't really capture the overall feel of the car even if many of the details were correct. My design is fundamentally different than the one in the videogame. Some noticeable differences are the shape of the 'i' symbol on the front, the height of the side panels of the car, as well as the jet booster on the back and I also came up with a unique way of capturing the shape of the headlights.

49807885227_56663c42a4_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 30 23 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

My goal with this build was to keep curves as smooth and continuous as possible.

49807578296_a4c5cc3c70_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 31 04 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

An important detail for me to include was the tapering of the car towards the back, I have always found this to be an iconic part of the shape. The back wheels are actually set in from the sides one more stud than the front wheels.

49807578176_dc32a844cf_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 32 09 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

I took some liberty here with having the base of the 'i' flare out, but I think that this really works well when translating it to LEGO and it allowed me to create the front grill using the sloped grill pieces.

49807023758_30d5e44716_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 32 46 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

I knew once I found this black turbine piece in my collection that it was the piece I wanted to use although it was a bit of a hassle getting it attached to the rest of the car. I also really like how the modified piece in the middle there forms a sort of cowling around the turbine. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the little wings on the side rocket pods because all the solutions I came up with took away too much from the shaping of the back.

49807023583_9fcdaa5474_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 33 00 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

With all my car builds I like to include an interior with seating for at least two minifigures. I also included in here the screen Mr. Incredible has, which I always remembered was green, and a control panel for some of the gadgets. There is also some seating in the back however it is only tall enough back there for the Jack-Jack figure to fit.

49807884337_d25a003975_w.jpgPhoto 2020-04-22, 7 34 14 PM by Mr. Dufresne, on Flickr

Thank you for checking out my MOC, any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

Edited by Mad Spandy

Nice!  Hard to capture all the curves and odd angles at that scale, but I think you've done a good job.  The hood in particular came out great.  :classic: