Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Four

20 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

*huh* What a very bizarre thing for a townie to say...

*Fwoooooooooom fwoooooom, fwomma fwomma fwom, fwomma* :pir-sing: Beggin' darlin, please, Layla *Fwomma fwomma fwom fwomma*

You said it first. Anyone care to take Vincent up on his own statement?

And before anyone twist what I meant, let me clarify. Vincent's argument about him being town if I flip town is clearly meant to lead to the conclusion that if I flip scum he should also be trusted as town. I was stating his argument plainly since he likes to hide it behind a lot of text.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

21 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

You said it first. Anyone care to take Vincent up on his own statement?

Well, regardless of whether you flip town or scum, I am not scum, that is a true statement. Unfortunately, I'm the only player who knows this for a fact, currently. The quote you're referring to:

2 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

If you're town, I'm town, so that would mean either Fabien is the killer who was blocked or the killer was someone like Trenton or Peter, who haven't claimed roles and have been flying under the radar, and they targeted me.

What I'm saying is I am town. So, if you're also town, then either Fabien is the killer or I was targeted by another player. My point is that if you're town, it would benefit the town for you to think about the other options. If I have to be lynched to prove that I'm town, I'll accept that, but if you flip town and I'm lynched next, then the town will spend two days lynching townies.

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 7 (Fabien Bellamy, Robin Tremblay, Emmett Ware, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Vincent Denis, Peter Lyon)
Vincent Denis - 2 (Daniel Lucas, Justin Reynaud)

With 11 players, a majority of 6 is required to lynch. About 12 hours remain in this day.

The scum must be enjoying this so much. They know I'm town and they are happy that no other townies are joining the discussion.

For everyone, but especially @Peter Lyon since you brought it up before. In addition to the reasons I've already given, the other reason I picked Vincent to claim to is as follows. No one reached out to me N3. I knew I was being suspected as scum by most players. I knew reaching out to Vincent was a risk. But, if by some crazy chance he turned out to be town then I hoped to convince him that we were on the same team and to get him to lay off the heat. I knew if I could convince just one player of my innocence, Vincent (because of how much he controls the narrative) would have the best chance of helping me get through today. Instead, he went right for my jugular. Honestly it was a hail-mary move to begin with. But what did I have to loose? You all thought I was scum before today started. I just hope Vincent has overplayed his hand enough for you all to see how scummy he's been this whole game.

7 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

All 96 hours of the day would be filled with wall of text after wall of text from Daniel against Fabien and me, mostly me I'm sure.

:pir_wacko: This Daniel walls of texts talk from YOU is super pathetic. Also let's just see if I'm at least alive next day, shall we?

2 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

For everyone, but especially @Peter Lyon since you brought it up before. In addition to the reasons I've already given, the other reason I picked Vincent to claim to is as follows. No one reached out to me N3. I knew I was being suspected as scum by most players. I knew reaching out to Vincent was a risk. But, if by some crazy chance he turned out to be town then I hoped to convince him that we were on the same team and to get him to lay off the heat. I knew if I could convince just one player of my innocence, Vincent (because of how much he controls the narrative) would have the best chance of helping me get through today. Instead, he went right for my jugular. Honestly it was a hail-mary move to begin with. But what did I have to loose? You all thought I was scum before today started. I just hope Vincent has overplayed his hand enough for you all to see how scummy he's been this whole game.

I think if you had not been one of the blocked that suspicion may have been redirected a bit.  If you turn up town, we'll have a bunch of things from today to revisit.

What did I miss? :pir-blush:

Wow, I never thought I would need to quote 20 posts.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:15 AM, Daniel Lucas said:

Agggggain, no one says his claim is anything good or strong or not even suspicious. But still can be the truth, while what you are giving us is nothing. You just asking for empty trust. Why would we give you trust and deny it from Justin who at least said something he needs to stay consistent about. 

Because claiming is overrated. Yeah, you think that at some point down the road you will catch Justin in a lie, because you will keep a tracker on him all the time. I could claim to you right now, and you wouldn't be able to find any inconsistency in my claim. Nor could you verify it, just like Justin's. There are already plenty of fingers pointed at Justin, because of his scummy actions in this game, but you're focused on me (and Vincent) because we're not telling you (and everyone else, including Scum) what you want to know?

On 4/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Daniel Lucas said:

Are you not tired of this already? Are you lazy or intentionally provocative? Why don't you just answer the question and maybe that way I would have supported the Justin vote already. 

Why? Imagine for a moment Vincent is Scum. He claims he's a Jambalayzer or something (don't look it up on Mafia Wiki). You're happy with that, you think you can catch him later if he lies. Then you switch your vote me, hoping for me to tell you that I'm a 6-shot Ninja Scumbinator, at which point... what? How will you choose between three unverifiable claims?

On 4/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

Frankly, I'm ok with lynching either one of you two. The killer being blocked is the simplest answer, and neither one of you screams townie enough to me to sway me away from lynching you. I'd like to lynch one of you today and probably the other tomorrow.

I feel unloved. Give me some attention.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

So either you're vanilla (and not willing to help save Alex) or you've got a limited shot role (like Robin claims to have) or you've got a passive role (bomb, etc) or you have something you are choosing not to use. The only thing I could possibly think of in the last category is vig, but surely a Vigilante would have enough suspicions to be taking out targets by N3.

Daniel isn't the only one fishing today.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:00 PM, Justin Reynaud said:

For the record, I role claimed to him because I thought I had a good chance of getting murdered last night. I wanted my info to be available to the town if I died. I gave it to Daniel and Vincent since they have low odds of being on the same team. Could I have picked someone else? Sure, but I wanted to minimize how many people I shared my role with that night and Daniel and Vincent seemed like the best odds. 

I'm not sure I get why you thought you would be murdered last night. Night 3. Scum wouldn't have touched a scummy Townie with a pole. I assume you were afraid of being murdered by a potential Town Vig?

"Low odds of being on the same team" sounds... odd. You mean low odds of being on the same Scum team, yes? Because they could both be Town.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:00 PM, Justin Reynaud said:

Vincent and Aiden have been gunning for me since Day One. (Watch Vincent ask for an itemized list of examples :ugh:)  If they are scum as I assume, then they knew if they kept the heat on me long enough that one of these days they could get the town to lynch me. It makes sense to lynch someone who was blocked, though of course I wish we were picking someone different. When I flip town, you all should lynch Vincent. If he turns up scum then you should immediately lynch Aiden. If there are scum left after that I would focus on Emmett or Robin since they have been caught possibly lying. If Vincent isn't scum, then you should immediately lynch Daniel.

And if you're Town, your wishes aren't worth much because you're no better informed than anybody here. It's all OMGUS at this point. I do notice that there's no mention of me in your list, just like Andrew a little while before you. And this despite me leading the vote against you today, and being strongly supportive of it yesterday. Almost as if you wanted the Scum survivor(s) tomorrow to be able to say "See, he avoided naming Fabien, he must be the last Scum, lynch him!1!!" Or am I imagining things?

On 4/23/2020 at 6:01 PM, Vincent Denis said:

This is where it gets pingier for me; He expresses that he's not sure he's using his role the right way but can't think of any other uses for it. He says he targeted Andrew because he had been grouped together with him and wanted to know if he was trustworthy. He claims to have targeted Jean because Jean "had been pinging [him] as scum."

1. I suggest that Voyeur is a weak watcher and that it should be used this way, as an example: "I would target people you expect the scum will target to see which roles they have. If we know of somebody targeting a specific person, we could also use your role to verify that they targeted who they said they did and what their role actually is. Let's say, for example, that I claimed rolecop and told you I was going to target Daniel. You could target Daniel to confirm he was targeted by 'rolecop.'"
  2. He replies that he'd been targeting people who he thought were scum and if they were targeted by a town role, he'd believe they're town, which is nuts, IMHO. 
  3. He says he's going to follow my strategy on targeting Daniel, assuming Daniel is town and hoping to catch scum targeting him. That wasn't the point of my strategy.

I thought that Voyeur Justin targeting Jean was a plausible strategy, despite my disbelief in Justin's towniness. See, if Justin believed Jean was right in his suspicions of Joshua (after all Justin did hammer Joshua) then he was justified in thinking that Jean would be targeted by scum during the night, and he could have learned something about Scum roles. After all, Joshua flipping Scum = Jean pretty much proven Town. But Voyeur Justin targeting Jean because he thought Jean was scummy... doesn't make much sense at all.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, Andrew Laurent said:

Honestly, I'm keeping this list and I think it's fairly logical. I still can't get onboard with Vincent/Aiden/Daniel being scum, but that may just be my past experiences with how fights have turned out. I don't actually have itemized lists showing why any of the 3 are townie :pir-cry_happy:

I'm happy to hear that you agree with the fairly logical list of someone you consider Scum. You still can't get onboard with Vincent/Aiden/Daniel being scum, but since a scummy player you are helping to lynch has opened your eyes, you might change your mind about them.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, Justin Reynaud said:

My fate seems pretty well sealed. But I'd like to point out that if I were scum, wouldn't I be putting up more of a fight?

Joshua didn't.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:14 AM, Daniel Lucas said:

Yeah, who done the exact same thing as you today. Stay convenient in a hidden position with no actions needed to confirm.

Yes, I remember someone voicing the same thing on D2. Would you tell us what was your motivation in roleclaiming Voyeur in PM to me and Vincent? You said "in case you are getting killed". But honestly why the Scum would have wanted you dead if you are Town? You were openly named as the main suspect by 3 other players already. For what it's worth, I did not tell you Fred is going to block the sh*t out of you, because either you were ready to make another clumsy Voyeur move on me or you were up to no good. Why not just claiming the day before? 

Yes, I am disappointed that we went for Justin this fast. No, not because I kEeP dEfEndIng hIm, but because I wanted more pressure on Vincent and Fabien. I think this Voyeur claim is pretty weak, almost too weak for a Scum move. Why not just claiming to target some blocked player with confirmed actions already taken on them. Like our dear Tracker, Emmett did, who could have claimed his N3 action very easily if the coordination was leaked. Don't you think, Robin? Don't you agree, Peter? 

The only reason I see lynching a claimed player anything more valid is at least we are putting away an obstacle to finally start forcing the other two to say something useful except pointing fingers onto the other blocked players without confirming anything about themselves.

I find it hilarious that these blocked players were the most verbose pushing The Narrative while they maybe should have just kept silent and answered the questions asked of them.

The only reason I see lynching a claimed player anything more valid is at least we are putting away an obstacle to finally start forcing the other two to say something useful except pointing fingers onto the other blocked players without confirming anything about themselves.

I see. So you would agree to lynching Justin because his death will bring you closer to forcing info out of Vincent and I. Maybe you should rethink what you're trying to achieve here. On the other hand, it almost sounds like you're assuming that he will flip Town, because otherwise you won't need to force info out of us tomorrow, right?

I find it hilarious that these blocked players were the most verbose pushing The Narrative while they maybe should have just kept silent and answered the questions asked of them.

I find it hilarious that you would call me verbose. And why would I waste a day acting like I'm guilty and waiting for Daniel to decide whether I live or die, when I know I'm a Townie and I can still use my brains and my vote?

21 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Yes, you miss something. Or you just want to miss. And yet you are still here talking. Go back, read and when you're done we can continue. Also you can't remember who Peter is? Aww, that's cute. But you have so much time to talk all the same. 

:pir-hmpf:

21 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

For the record the only reason I'm not voting for you is the exact same reason I'm not voting for Justin today. As I've said there is no way I'm going for a claimed player today. I can create the same train of thought why you are the scum who only feeds from information confirmed by others (Vincent, Me&Robin and potentially Fabien since multiple unconfirmed people knew about the coordination - fyi in case you'd be lazy to read back) just as the same way it was done against Justin. 

Okay, so if we all claim, who are you going to vote for? You see this doesn't make sense.

Potentially Fabien? Did you leak anything to me? I doubt it, I haven't written a single PM in this game. What are you driving at?

19 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I won't vote for claimed players today who can't be proven wrong with contradictions. End of story.

If I claim, I know you can't prove me wrong. What then?

15 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

The truth is I would also vote for Fabien because I want to know their role in this game. I can't speak for Andrew and Fred alone naturally but I don't see letting these two off the hook tonight until a Justin Reynaud really flips scum tomorrow. Framing or not we can't take the risk until they give us a good reason to. If they are not scum, this will just render them actionless and I don't see why would they benefit from that.

Yeah, you made it clear already that it doesn't matter who's lynched at the end of the day, as long as you have The Information. If you're not actually Scum, then you're acting just like one.

12 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

As much as a person can be at this point I am convinced that Vincent and/or Aiden are scum. Since I keep pointing out their scumminess it seemed a likely possibility that I would be targeted for murder last night. I didn't claim D3 since I wasn't going to be lynched. I was ready to if the heat had stayed on me. 

So... you thought you would be killed by Scum, after almost getting lynched during the day. Then you went claiming privately to someone you were already almost sure was Scum.

11 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Hell no.

You are two being locked down as far as I'm concerned until you are not cleared with new information.

There is always risk to it, but letting you go after this no kill night is even riskier. Even your suggestion is scummy all over the place. Track who? And how will you confirm the tracker telling the truth? Another tracker? Or you? Cut the bullshit and cut this "Yes block us, please" reversed psychology talk. If you'd be anything of a useful town you should be ready to compromise and grab the chance to actually use your action, despite the possibility of being the next kill target, which you already are either way if you are not scum. We are all potential kill targets at this point. You said yourself you are not even that important. So maybe you shall just start to be a teamplayer. 

Yes, I'll directly ask Andrew and Fred with the night coordination to organize ourselves with keeping you two under control until we'll see what Justin turns out to be. And if you guys are town you should realize giving us information is much better then keep being blocked. If the scum is taking advantage of this, it is because of you, acting like snowflakes, while saying you are not even that important. If you are town you should know that we can block 2 other people instead of you which would improve our odds to catch a scum. If you are town...

Don't even try to sneak out of this.

Because I don't buy this whole "if you claim, then you're Town" mantra of yours. If we all claim, who will you vote for then? You will still have to lynch one of us three, because it's likely that one of us is a killer. Nothing we will claim will be verifiable, because it would have been verified already. But I'm standing my ground, because at the moment I'm pretty sure that Justin is scum and that there will be no need for this bullying tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

Are there any other town members paying attention? Do you see how Vincent and Daniel continue to control the narrative? If no one else has their own opinions and is happy to just follow V or D into the sunset then just vote for the day to end early and get this over with. If I can't help you through my living, then let me help you by my lynching. I'm anxious for you to see that I flip town so you can go after the real scum. 

Don't be so ungrateful to "D", he's trying to save you so that he can bully us into claiming.

11 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Fair enough. The others have clearly made up their mind about you by now. 

Vote: End the day early

I disagree.

7 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

This is great scum logic. Bolded is the WIFOM tactic. This another play to make yourself look town no matter what happens. If you lynch me and I flip town, then you claim you must be town. Where the proof of that is you conveniently leave out. If you lynch me and I flip scum, then you must town since you've been calling for my lynch. Either way, you are trying to build a case that you are town no matter what happens. Ping! Scum tactic. 

As a townie I feel its my duty to help the rest of the town get closer to finding the scum. It seems certain that either Daniel or Vincent is scum. I'm throwing all my chips in on Vincent. After I flip town you can then lynch him. But even then, if by some miracle we are both town, you will know for certain that Daniel is scum. I just hope there enough townies left by that point to still win.

So if you're Town, it's either Daniel or Vincent. But if it's not you, and not Vincent, then I should be the killer. I still don't get it why you're so focused on them two, instead of me. The two players you PMed last night with your honest claim.

5 hours ago, Justin Reynaud said:

And before anyone twist what I meant, let me clarify. Vincent's argument about him being town if I flip town is clearly meant to lead to the conclusion that if I flip scum he should also be trusted as town. I was stating his argument plainly since he likes to hide it behind a lot of text. 

Yes, if you flip Scum I will trust Vincent to be Town, and the opposite is true. One of you two must be scum. So yeah, you're telling us that you wouldn't want Vincent to be trusted as Town if you flip Scum. Why? If he's Scum, and you're Scum, you would want Town to trust him after you're dead. If you're really Scum and you know he's not, then you wouldn't want him to be trusted after you're dead.

39 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

:pir_wacko: This Daniel walls of texts talk from YOU is super pathetic. Also let's just see if I'm at least alive next day, shall we? 

Why would you not be alive? Oh I know, if we lynch Justin and he's Scum, then the kill will go to another Scum and they might kill you while you're blocking us. Because if I'm wrong about Justin, you're in no danger of dying, right?

No Fabien, claiming is not overrated.

Also why are you talking? Are you going to solve the game in the last hours of Day 4? Why not voting for the end of the day, when you already had your lynch a day ago. I thought you wanted to get Justin since Day 3. Why are you two still talking instead and already trying to clear yourself in case Justin would flip town?

Also no. I'm in danger of dying since the moment I've claimed jailer. Maybe that's why I would not be alive. No need to twist.

Some very good points brought up about Justin and Daniel by Fabien if I do say so myself.

Justin is definitely scummy with his actions and his inconsistencies. 

Daniel, I hope your not lynching Justin just so you can get him out of the way so you can get claims out of Vincent and Fabien for your own personal conquest and gain.

That makes for a very unenjoyable time if people feel they are being led around by someone who is seeking their own personal gain. Or in other words...

vel5a24h94431.jpg

33 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

Daniel, I hope your not lynching Justin just so you can get him out of the way so you can get claims out of Vincent and Fabien for your own personal conquest and gain.

I'm not lynching Justin.

Also what are you doing Aiden by the way? Why are you not voting?

Hm. Looking towards day 5.... Fabien, your post has done more to sway my opinion of you than anything else all game. It's rare to see a scum put that much effort into legit analysis, so in addition to making some good points (that'll I'll go over again after some caffeine, cause I'm not fully awake yet) you've significantly raised my townieness rating on you.

The points made over the last half day by you and Justin are making me rethink some things. I still think Justin is scummy and just desperately trying to save himself, so I'm keeping my vote there. Assuming that's correct, then I can't fathom Vincent being scum with how hard he's pushed on Justin the whole game. But if I'm wrong and Justin is revealed as town, I absolutely will have to reconsider my position on Vincent, which will lead to reconsidering my opinion of just about everyone. I sure hope we're right on Justin being scum, because him flipping town will mess up a lot of how I've interpreted things all game. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

And where is Trenton? He hasn't voted yet either. 

29 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I'm not lynching Justin.

My case still stands. 

32 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I suppose I could vote for Justin just so it's on paper for eveyone and not just my word of approval.

Vote: Justin Reynaud

9 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

Also let's just see if I'm at least alive next day, shall we?

I doubt the scum would kill the person doing the most work for them.

*Fwoooooom fwoooooooooooooooooooooom*

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 8 (Fabien Bellamy, Robin Tremblay, Emmett Ware, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Vincent Denis, Peter Lyon, Aiden Leon)
Vincent Denis - 2 (Daniel Lucas, Justin Reynaud)

With 11 players, a majority of 6 is required to lynch. As a result, Justin Reynaud has been lynched.

Get in your night actions!

Just now, Aiden Leon said:

My case still stands. 

There is no case, just your hypocrisy. Why are you not asking this from Vincent? Or from yourself?

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

I doubt the scum would kill the person doing the most work for them.

Maybe I'm just a better scum as a town than you are as a real scum.

N76pv9h.jpg

At the end of the day, Justin Reynaud was selected to be executed at the firing line.

D77kHG1.jpg

"We're starting to run out of soldiers for the firing lines." Patrick said.

"It looks like the same amount of all the rest of the days." the Governor replies. "Anyway, fire when ready!"

BANG

RIKYW9Q.jpg

"Yup. He's dead."

cL6L5Vo.jpg

"Sorry for getting the pictures up so late!" Liam said. "Get those night actions in!"