astral brick

Lego Masters Australia Season 02 Impressions

Impressions after three episodes:

- Overall level of challengers is higher than season 01

- Brickman improved his scenic presence

- The second episode regarding models' explosions was a boring repetition of last year's one

- The two young girls may fulfill a target market requirement but, so far, they are not up to the other teams

- Annie and Runa did not deserve the elimination

You can stream the episodes on 9now website for free but you need a VPN since they are geolocked.

Watched the 2nd and 3th episode. Yeah, the young girls are the weaker team and won the second challenge by pure luck. There was no skill in what they did. My guess is that they will be the next team eliminated.

About the elimination of Annie and Runa: sorry they were rightfully eliminated. They had trouble since the beginning with the concept and the execution was really lacking, their mermaid couldn’t stay assembled. The other low bottom team was also rightfully chosen, they focused too much on the castle against Brickman advice (and it was too ambitious for the time available, the final build suffer from it and man, Brickman was hard on them but on point). Other story elements were weak like their we carriage (did not look great) but I like the scene of Cinderella in the stairs loosing the crystal shoe.

I also agree on the top two teams and the winners.

Edited by Chiaroscuro

3 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

About the elimination of Annie and Runa: sorry they were rightfully eliminated. They had trouble since the beginning with the concept and the execution was really lacking, their mermaid couldn’t stay assembled.

In my opinion Jay and Stani's model was worse than theirs, a plain tower with an unconvincing braid, as also noticed by the judge.

The other low bottom team was also rightfully chosen, they focused too much on the castle against Brickman advice (and it was too ambitious for the time available, the final build suffer led from theorist and man, Brickman was hard on them but on point).

Given that I don't really believe in the so-called reality shows - everything is staged - I found that Brickman was too fussy and unnecessarily harsh to them, their castle was beautiful in my opinion.

Other story elements were weak like thee we carriage (did not look great) but I like the scene of Cinderella in the stairs loosing the crystal shoe.

I agree, the transparent cheese slope, if I remember properly, was a brilliant idea.

I also agree on the top two teams and the winners.

So far my favourite team has been Jackson and Alex, especially their first model, the steampunk one, was magnificent. I hope they win.

4 hours ago, astral brick said:

In my opinion Jay and Stani's model was worse than theirs, a plain tower with an unconvincing braid, as also noticed by the judge.

In creative terms it was very weak. They even already did a tower in the first episode. But it was structurally ok. But bottom tier I agree.

Given that I don't really believe in the so-called reality shows - everything is staged - I found that Brickman was too fussy and unnecessarily harsh to them, their castle was beautiful in my opinion.

I agree Brickman was too harsh. Normally he always find something nice to say about a build even if it was bad (see the girls house on the first episode). But also, he doesn’t like to be ignored in his advices, what they flat out did. Yes their castle was estheticaly beautiful, righ colors, but it’s structure was very weak.

So far my favourite team has been Jackson and Alex, especially their first model, the steampunk one, was magnificent. I hope they win.

I agree. Also their gingerbread house was great. They became my favorites after this episode.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

> So far my favourite team has been Jackson and Alex, especially their first model, the steampunk one, was magnificent. I hope they win.

And congratulations to Jackson and Alex for their victory! Amazing skills and great consistency since episode one. Props to Queenslanders, Andrew and Damian, fierce competitors until the end. Much appreciated, during the entire season, the lack of the usual fake drama and scripted arguments that "reality" shows usually feature.