I recently took apart a Technic RC tracked vehicle MOC and have ordered the add'l parts needed to build 8043. My question is, did that set originally come with V2 receivers? From the research I've done it appears it did but I can't imagine why. Thanks.

I'm 99% sure the model came with 2 v1 receivers.  As they are only driving medium motors.  However mine is packed away at the moment, so I cannot check.  I think only the crawlers came with the v2 receiver as it could not drive 2 XL motors and a servo at the same time.

Although this is now more confusing, Bricklink lists the set as coming with v1, but then at the foot of the page lists the v2 as an alternative part for set 8043.  For no other technic set does it suggest this as an alternative......I'm now not sure.  

Edited by paul_delahaye

8043 came with V1 receivers - I converted mine to the Ultimate version which also used V1's.

I bought the 8043 on bricklink a while ago and it came with two V1's, bricklink states the V2's were included in some intances though, as alternate parts.
I wonder if there's any benefits though, apperantly they don't make a difference on M motors, but mine does turn arround painfully slow.

Thanks for the replies to date. I ordered V2's but I think I'll just save them for now and get add'l V1's from Lego.

Just bought a used lot that included an 8043. Had the V2s in it.   My brother also has V2s in his, built from BNIB. They definitely switched at some point.

Didn't Lego re release it not too long after it came out cause it had problems with the rams/receivers?, we all know the issues it had:hmpf:, i'd recomment going straight to the ultimate 8043 build.

53 minutes ago, u118224 said:

I searched but couldn’t find info on the “Ultimate 8043”. What are the changes?

Simultaneous control of all faunctions via the removal of the distribution box. https://www.jurgenstechniccorner.com/index.php/instructions/39-uleimate-8043-building-instructions

Also, 8043 came out in 2010, there's no way it had V2 receivers from factory, as those were introduced in 2012 with the 9398 crawler

Khm... mine came with 2 pcs of V2 receivers... don't forget, it was still produced in 2012. 

Rebrickable has two inventory versions, one of them confirming that later copies included V2 receivers. (apparently it also came in the 2010 passenger train in later production copies)

On 4/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, u118224 said:

I recently took apart a Technic RC tracked vehicle MOC and have ordered the add'l parts needed to build 8043. My question is, did that set originally come with V2 receivers? From the research I've done it appears it did but I can't imagine why. Thanks.

8043 did come with Version 2 receivers. All Lego sets that come with receivers have version 2. The only way you can get a version 1 now from LEGO is thru shop at home.

5 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

8043 did come with Version 2 receivers. All Lego sets that come with receivers have version 2. The only way you can get a version 1 now from LEGO is thru shop at home.

The two copies of 42095 I have beg to differ. They should be updated to v1.1 now though.

Ok, I see we need to settle a bit here.

Historically, there was V1, than came V2. To see the difference, see Philo's proper test: https://www.philohome.com/pfrec/pfrec.htm

V2 was not long around, as LEGO has updated the "V1" (without printing), which should combine the advantages of old V1 and V2 (I guess, there is no proof out there yet). Since that, there is only THE IR receiver - which you will find nowadays in sets and LEGO webshop. Unfortunately no comparison appeared yet.

Also, here is a topic, where we discussed it already a bit in depth, hope this helps further... maybe combine the two topics would be an idea @Jim?

Edited by agrof